Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finktunes

finktunes Ensign

I'm almost done with a mid game PVP CV, if you're interested I'll send you a link when it's done

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879854446

This is a replica of the Rasputin named Hammerhead Frigate from the game Rebel Galaxy. Full Combat Steel Construction. Due to its small size, it does not have a hangar nor HV bay so I would recommend it as a mining recon vessel. It is not a fast agile ship but that can be compensated by adding more armament.

Currently, the vessel has 1 Artillary Turret attached to its roof, 6x Broadside cannons consisting of 4 Rocket Cannons and 2 Plasma Cannons. On the top deck there another 11 Weapon Hard points (umarked) easy to see as they are the flattest parts of the deck, including the wings. There are another 2 Hard Points under the hull mid decks but I would only use these in space as they impair landing on planets. The Drill turret is located under the Bow.

There are 2x flight Decks, the main being middeck under the roof canopy which is the original placement of the starter block and A forward Flight Deck on the Bow which can be accessed from inside the vessel via lift and from outside via the airlock.

6x T3 Fuel tanks (Its not much but is all I could squeeze in w/o compromising the design.
    1x Large T2 Generator
    1x Rediculously Oversized Warp Coil + Tank (I can't believe I manage to squeeze that in)
    3x Large Harvester Crates
    10x Large Cargo Containers + ADV Constructor
    1x Gravity Generator
    7x RCS (I have left the location of these exposed if you wish to add more, forward of the main pilot seat)
    18 Plot Garden + 5X T2 Refrigeraters and 1x Food Processor
    8x Large Ammunition Crates

Statistics:
    Unlocks at Level 20, Class Size 1
    Size Wx 19 Hx 11 Dx 40
    Block Count 2075
    Device Count 167
    Light Count 11
    Triangle Count 25352

Materials:
    Iron x 19868
    Sathium x 6368
    Cobalt x 2319
    Silicon x 1427
    Copper x 906
    Neodymium x 171
    Erestrum x 64
    Zascosium x 64
    Growing Plot x 18

If you are a fan of Rebel Galaxy, have not reached level 20, do not have the rare materials for construction, I would be more than happy to strip the vessel to its bare hull and upload the BP.

As always with my creations, Enjoy! and please provide feedback, either positive or negative (both are useful:)

Attached Files:

Boronrus, wolfgeist451, Aurex and 4 others like this.
  3. finktunes

finktunes Ensign

Love it! I'd like the stripped ish version personally

wolfgeist451 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

So here's my work in progress CV. The design differs from my other CV's in that it is not designed to go into atmosphere at all. This is built purely as a mobile base and craft carrier. My previous designs are capable of dropping HV's onto planets but the sheer size of this one will make it difficult due to the fuel required for it to move! I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve the look of the front?

I'll also upload some of my other CV designs later.

Also apologies if the image is really dark. It's kind of hard to move it into a better position as it's not got RCS' or side thrusters at the moment!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

Looking good :) and as far as the front (Bow) goes, just go with your gut feeling.

Tyrax Lightning and Wild_XIII like this.
  6. Cute_Demon

Cute_Demon Commander

Again box-ships dude :( not like, really

7. Desus

Desus Lieutenant

Happy Friday Folks!

had some sleep issue so I build a small but warp capable drone hunter. Enjoy the PILUM!

presentin Pilum.png
    20170309235723_1.jpg 20170309235904_1.jpg 20170310000023_1.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Desus

Desus Lieutenant

I like it. Its big and bulky. It will definitly darken the sky. ;)

9. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

So I finally got round to uploading my "El Cheapo" CV. Annoyingly I can't find what devices use sathium on it. The whole thing is made of normal steel blocks to keep resource costs down. It's armed with three cannon turrets to defend itself from lightly armed ships and drones. It even has a little bedroom just in case you like ships that cater for everything. :)

The bottom hanger houses the warp drive and is designed so that the CV can be landed and can have an HV come up the ramp for transport. In SP this was a very easy ship to get the resources for.

Horizon.jpg

Attached Files:

10. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

Happy to do that, how far would you like me go in stripping components? Better yet, friend me on steam and send a list of what you don't want.

11. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Banquo

Banquo Commander

Cheyenne XXVI

Just a quick update to improve utility and aesthetics. The lower deck was overhauled to be of more practical use, with additional refrigerators and auxiliary constructor. The gravity gen was moved to the engineering deck and the pentaxid tank was moved to a location that made more sense. More fuel tanks were added (can't wait until we can automate refiling). I went and exposed the core room to the bridge, as it was a largely unused space, so at least now it's something to look at. I guess that's all until the next major update :)

NewGame_2017-03-13_19-04-25.png
    NewGame_2017-03-15_18-50-00.png NewGame_2017-03-09_12-44-37.png NewGame_2017-03-15_18-50-35.png NewGame_2017-03-15_18-52-23.png NewGame_2017-03-15_18-52-11.png NewGame_2017-02-27_01-51-25.png NewGame_2017-03-15_18-51-29.png NewGame_2017-03-15_18-33-58.png

EDIT: the blue lights are ungrouped. There are regular grouped white lights as well.

Attached Files:

Tyrax Lightning and Pyston like this.
  13. Banquo

Banquo Commander

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Practical & Brawn > Looks. :cool:

Sathium's biggest jobs are in the Crafting of Hardened Steel Plates for Armored Automatic Doors, Hardened Steel, Combat Steel, & a few other things... & in the Crafting of Flux Coils, used in a significant amount of things, including but not limited to Warp Drives. :)

Wild_XIII and Pyston like this.
  15. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I am a firm believer in form follows function when it comes to the real world, but in a game (especially a sci-fi spaceship game) looks are extremely important to create a draw from potential customers. The trick (and something the devs should work towards) is to make good looking, and functional ships rewarding. The problem with the game is that min-max building for PVP leaves good looking designs on the cutting room floor which is not inviting for 18+ year PC PVPers such as myself. Right now there are just not enough factors to curb the building of "brick" ships that simply win, although IRL those same ships would be useless.

For example. One simple and fast solution to making pvp more engaging is to eliminate 3rd person flying and auto turrets in pvp. I know this would upset a lot of people but it would be a start into rewarding smart designs. Right now when there is not a window required (or some camera tech to see 3rd person) and everyone can see the entire playfield, it endorces cheese builds and makes design pointless. PVP becomes this circle jerking (literally) roundabout of boredom where everyone circle strafes until someone makes a mistake or runs out of ammo/fuel. If we had to actually fly the ships in combat, things would be more interesting, more skill based, and smart builds would be highlighted.

I have and will always be a PVPer first and foremost (I really miss flying the Iraqi Hind in 1942 DC mod) but the thing about building games and pvp is that they rarely work out well as a building games....which I think for most of us is the primary reason we are here.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I personally would miss being able to have my CVs & HVs be able to automate their Defense, partially cause one has to Log Out sometime & partially cause In-Game one can only be in one place at a time...

Also, someday CVs could be changed to become a hell of a lot slower & less Maneuverable thus never be able to hope to Dogfight at all... if Auto-Turret Defense was also simultaneously removed we'd go back to Square One where any single lone SV anytime anywhere will auto-win vs any CV & CVs will once again become useless "Why the hell would I waste all this Material to have it get owned by SVs that cost 1/20th the Resource Cost" Warp Drive Bots again... :eek:

Personally I think the best Fighting CVs should have both Turrets & Manual Fire Weapons & the CV Pilot should be able to share in the Gun Fun in the Combat rather then the Turrets getting all the fun to themselves, but at the same time I think Auto-Turrets are too indispensable to be able to afford to lose in a game where we can't be auto-guaranteed to have a Crew's aid in CV Operation. Even if AI Crew gets Implemented in the future... oh wait, did I say AI, I meant AS*. Screw that. :p

* AS = Artificial Stupidity.

Pyston and Cpt_Beefheart like this.
  17. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

PSI-Ilmarinen.jpg
    POLARIS SPACE INDUSTRIES ILMARINEN-class heavy mining barge

"In Finnish mythology Kalevala, Ilmarinen was a blacksmith who created Sampo, a magical artifact that made flour, salt and gold out of thin air."

Ilmarinen-class heavy mining ship is the pride and masterpice of Polaris Mining Company fleet.

This 330m long ships main focus is the huge mining ring in the middle of the ship - housing the asteroid mining turrets. Being self sufficient, been built of rugged hardened steel, having turret defenses and vast storage & hangar space (both sv and hv) - it all makes this an ideal ship for long deep space mining voyages.

But its also much more than "just" a mining ship - I hope you take a closer look and have fun!

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884736109

Ehta, Marbod, Desus and 5 others like this.
  18. Pyston

Pyston Captain

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

20. Cute_Demon

Cute_Demon Commander

Friends, my new ship. Star Dragon!

Star dragon - a challenging project designed to combine fantasy and harsh reality (in the game). Each of us has a thousand times, flown on various space ships in the game and the workshop, this time You can try to fly in space steel dragon. It has everything you need for flying. Angular armor will save from flying projectiles. From thanks for the feedback, I'll be very happy :)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887124260
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.