Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicomt

vicomt Captain

really? I noticed I can't see any of his ships on the workshop any more :(

2. AndyK

AndyK Commander

Awww. I liked him.

Siege Inc. and oojimaflip like this.
  3. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I'm hoping it's just burnout... and he'll be back some day.

oojimaflip likes this.
  4. Zodiac13

Zodiac13 Ensign

So he left the game and took all his toys with him....That's pretty sad I really liked his designs. Oh well time to save the ones I have so that I can keep using them.

GoldDragon likes this.
  5. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Aw man that sucks his designs were pretty neat, never managed to get around to building any of them so I could save them as a BP.

6. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Sometimes I'm stunned by how seriously some people take themselves...

7. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

If you don't understand the commitment that some of us builders have to our artwork, then perhaps you shouldn't make flippant comments.

Likewise, we all have our opinions about Pyston, but this is one of those situations where everybody should keep it under their hat, respect the guy's decision, even if you can't understand it.

Siege Inc., vicomt and rainyday like this.
  8. Thurdd

Thurdd Ensign

Hi I search a Vente Vexo from Pyston , since he left I can't find any on workshop pls if someone have one on a MP or SP plublish it so we can use it again

9. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I'm sad Pyston left the game and I hope he'll come back when the game reaches a more "definitive" state... I understand his frustration, and I suggest caution to those who are much invested on building and content creation if seeing all your work "broken" by an update might kill your fun. I'm not advocating changes that force old designs out, I'm merely waiting myself to invest seriously in building because I don't want days of work and thought thrown in the garbage bin because of compatibility issues. This is why I mostly fiddle with small ships and check performance / bugs.

This being said, I got more than my money's worth out of this game, and I could "pull the plug" anytime because of this. I guess I'll just stick around because I believe the developers are well aware of what their "competitors" are doing, where they succeed and where they fail. I trust their intuition, and I think the community has a role to play in the direction the game takes, provided they give appropriate feedback and don't just make "wild wishes" to get content that doesn't fit in the whole portrait. Of course this generates activity on the forums, it makes for a "lively" community, but it may also draw in players that are expecting something totally different from what they are getting. In the end they will leave out of frustration and make bad reviews. I read these reviews regularly to get a sense of what is not said here but is still irritating for players.

I think it's possible to be honest and still address the real issues. For this, since many here are "artists" as much as "players", and being an "artist" myself, I know about an artist's ego, and I hope everyone here is mature enough to keep focus on the fact this game is still in "Alpha". I know it's been a long time in this state, but one has to be blind not to see what this tiny development team has accomplished up to now. It's far from perfect but the game boots for the majority of players, most things work pretty well... I'm satisfied. ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    vicomt likes this.
  10. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Look in the steam workshop, search keyword with pyston, there's several bp people saved and uploaded for others to use.

11. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Oh, please...
    I comment whenever and however I feel like it, thank You very much...
    Plus, perhaps I should remind You, respect is not owed, it's earned, and can be lost with a single move...
    Taking yourself too seriously too?
    Thank You for proving my point, I guess... Will You pull some spoiled brat stunt at some point too?
    Such a commitment, that adults behave like babies with the lamest moves...
    Damn right, I don't understand it, and damn sure I don't respect it...
    Not that I care about his blueprints, or the workshop in general, but the blueprint stunt is still the lamest move possible, the one I don't expect from an adult...

And yes, game or not, thrusters shouldn't work under layers of steel, and neither PvP nor design can be arguments about it...
    And yes, many designs will become obsolete, mostly the ones built by "artists"...
    Guess there's a reason that other game is called Space Engineers, and not Space Artists...

Hey devs, BTW if I don't get manual doors with the next update, I'm preparing such a childish spectacle, Your heads will spin...:D:D:D

12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Getting myself all worked up trying to figure out if grow plots suffer when in certain positions relative to big thrusters... This is the kind of "test" I wish we had some directions in order to know what to do instead of blindly trying stuff. All the hours we spend building / thinking are not always "pure fun" and I'm quite aware that "hours spent in game" is something others take as an indication about the quality of a game. I'm having problems positioning the big blue CV thrusters and stuff around them ; objects go all over the place and repeatedly refuse to go where I point the mouse. I wonder how players can build anything with these big devices in survival without cheating... it's time consuming for very simple tasks.

13. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

In survival you get used to building with your drone.

Large thrusters are frustrating since you have to pay attention to which corner is the base one. It gets really frustrating when you forget to shut off the symmetry tool.

Kassonnade likes this.
  14. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I never use the drone...

This reminds me of (one of the?) first Splinter Cell game where we had to wear the night goggles almost all the time on every mission, thus playing 90% of the game in black and white... Too bad for the "nice next gen graphics" but it surely didn't put much stress on the GPU !

I play with relatively high mouse sensitivity, and when I use the drone I have to turn that down a lot or else the camera swings way too much. I build in "survival" with godmode on, in space, this keeps the camera parallel to the horizon and I can test with plants actually growing / dying. I hate creative mode with the jetpack.

15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

16. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Do you do that in public too? Be careful, some people are far less tolerant than I am and may feel disinclined to agree with your sentiments.
    Noted. Thanks. I think I'll add this gem to my tattoo collection.
    Nope, too old to take myself seriously, too young to care.
    No. No worries here; I'm not a fan of drama so I won't be announcing my departure, as for my blueprints; they'll stay on the workshop as there doesn't seem any point in trying to retract them when they've been out in the wild.
    I can see the moment your heart breaks, it's saddening. In my experience most Adults aren't any better than children.
    Indeed.
    Not mine, just in case you are worried.
    Sarcasm fail. Try harder.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  17. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Yes I do... And as long as I don't curse somebody's mom or something, I don't care about his tollegance, feelings, fragile soul, etc.
    I'm honest jerk, and I'll tell somebody what I think in his face, and I expect the same from him, I can handle it...
    If he can't, he should be careful about his reactions...
    Good...
    Good...
    Good...
    My heart is not so fragile, this drama only makes me laugh, brings kindergarden memories... Yes, and I still don't owe them any respect...
    Good... Not that I worry about it...
    Don't think so... Don't need to...

18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

19. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

What?
    We have a polite enough conversation, and nobody"s hurt I believe...:D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  20. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Yeah, sorry I let the side down Rainy, I could have avoided that.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.