Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil Captain

I've not tried a CV in battle yet so I have no experience in being one-shotted. Planning to build a CV in my current game and take on the space drones. But from what you are saying it sounds like we need to have available some armor blocks to protect critical areas.

2. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

Yeah, I have found that many objects cause secondary explosions. So having small fuel tanks next to the window on the bridge makes for an instant convertible. Also thrusts explodes and will cause the objects behind them to go pop. I know there are changes on the way but I am having a fun time with the practical change right now =)

3. Flip

Flip Captain

Thanks. Its not as bad as you would think, but could be better if you take out the extra stuff for the more Hollister feel.
    Unfortunately this will continue to be a problem until they fix the armor blocks so they are actually stronger than tissue paper and address the issue of splash damage going straight through solid objects. Most weapons should have a hard time going straight through 2 meters of armor in one shot let alone 4 to 6 meters.

4. Rannoc McMaulin

Here is my ugly yet durable small CV, MS Anubis. Its a corvette class designed to take a beating and not be too hard to make in survival.

Feature List
    - 2.4kt
    - 2 RCS
    - 2 Generators
    - 4 Reg Thrusters Forward
    - 2 Reg Thrusters all other directions
    - Double hull armor
    - Thrusters are mounted outside and away from other components
    - 3 Pulse Lasers and 2 Rocket Launchers front mounted and armored
    - Can side drift and shoot at the same time
    - Weapons array acts like reinforced armor in front
    - 2 3x3 gardens, Fridge and Processor
    - 10 Fuel Tanks shielded
    - 2 Constructors, 1 O2 Tank, O2 Station and Med Station
    - Side observation decks that are isolated from the rest of the ship
    - No Bridge, 3rd person flight only
    - Specialized hanger for a Heavy Fighter (BP included)
    Hvy-Fighter.png MS-Anubis.png

Attached Files:

D1True, Pr0gr4mm3r and Flip like this.
  5. Eridani

Eridani Ensign

Eridani Industries is proud to announce its first capital vessel : The Libelula (Dragonfly) class Ship Builder!

This ship has been made purposely to give a helping hand to those brave souls that want to make Capital ships in Survival mode (the ship has no use in creative besides providing atrezzo around your space shipyard). The ship is basically a tool to make bigger capital ships.

FEATURES:
    - She stores a large supply of oxygen and has easily accessible oxygen stations in the inside and the outside.
    - Has a small hydroponics area to produce food supply and several fridges at strategic points of the ship, plus several food processors.
    - A small hangar bay for a shuttle to ferry material from planets.
    - lots of storage, and they are placed strategically to move items from hangar to cargo bay if you have a helping buddy
    - Many large constructors in the inside and the outside, including the new advanced constructors.
    - Minimal consumption, and a very large energy storage.
    - Small , cheap and easy to build in survival (specially if you check the advanced construction video).
    - 2 minigun turrets for self-defense against unexpected drones (optional, this ship IS NOT meant for combat, is not as resistant as my other designs to heavy damage)

BUILDING IT IN SURVIVAL: spawn it in creative and have it in check fit to see how is has been built. then go to your creative saved game and start building it starting in the engineering section , build the backbone of the ship then use the 'N' key to set the plane in the backbone. Make sure you have enough blocks and interior blocks.
    The ship has some deco, flares, and optional structures that can be skipped to save resources for your other CV designs. the large constructors can be all be advanced or none at all, and can be specialized for specific pieces. The ship has functional maneuverability, I could have made it more efficient, but i prioritized to make it cheap to build (and this includes the thrusters)

Hope it helps !! ^_^

Eridani
    2015-10-02_17-53-38.png 2015-10-02_17-46-18.png 2015-10-02_17-50-10.png

Attached Files:

6. toast

toast Commander

This is more of a proof of concept than a ship meant for production. It's essentially an empyrion version of the U.S.S. Defiant; all engines and guns.

Slapped it together in about 30 minutes while taking a break from my through-deck carrier.

Attached Files:

7. [OTG] NetBlaise

[OTG] NetBlaise Ensign

Cool ship.. I gotta have it.. The one issue atm is the center. I would connect the left and right to the center and make it one block high or something. Put the Pilot in there. The core has a lot of protection from left and right any way.. I'm going to add a cat walk or some sort of small hallway from both sides to the center. For some reason this ship looks bad as*.. Looks like a big bot/head in the middle with shoulder pads on, lol....

8. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

The problem is its hard to see from anywhere except very front of ship and if you use V its hard to aim because ships direction isnt same as cameras direction while it turns.

Also the general shape was that of an eye not head with shoulders lol. Thats why its called the way it is.

9. Vetteman

Vetteman Ensign

Hammer

This is my first attempt at a CV class ship.
    Mid sized, fully self contained.

Statistics:
    65.6 kt 85 x 41
    6 large generators.
    96 forward directional thrusters, Will reach max speed in about 10 seconds. 43% power at cruise.
    400 RCS, Not a fighter, but will turn decent.
    432 plant plots in the nose section for growing all food needed for crew.
    14 Crew, 2 pilots, 8 gunners, 4 fighter pilots.
    4 outer layers of armor.
    Engines recessed within armor, vent ports for thrust/exhaust.
    No windows by design.

Designed to take a beating.
    Entire nose can be removed and ship will still be 100%.

Hammer01.png Hammer02.png

Attached Files:

10. Rannoc McMaulin

400 RCS??? Try reducing that down to ~60. I am sure you are hitting the soft cap and the extra are just dead weight at 5t a pop. That should shave off ~13kt from your total weight and I am betting it will feel more nimble.

11. Baneus

Baneus Commander

My first attempt at a CV in Survival. I thought about creating a monster like some of the others I've seen here, but mining up that much ore didn't sound like fun :)

I give you the Perseus, Personal Carrier CV

Basics
    7 Fuel Tanks
    4 Generators
    6 RCS
    32 Directional Thrusters ( I may have gotten a bit carried away here)
    2 Large Thrusters
    1 Gravity Generator

Armed with
    4 Pulse Lasers
    4 Minigun Turrets
    1 Rocket Turret

Amenities
    1 Advanced Constructor
    3 Fridges
    4 Cargo Boxes
    1 Small Garden

Weight 2.81Kt
    The Perseus is designed for Survival mode. Fully fuelled she'll idle for 7 hours. Flight time at full burn is 44 minutes. She handles like a SV in combat (better for manoeuvrability, I think, but the weapons are a pain to aim in third person (which is the easiest way to fly her)). The landing bays are designed to accommodate my SV Fighter/Explorer from http://empyriononline.com/threads/small-vessel.1501/page-9#post-21235

EDIT. The yellow striped section is the core block, right in the centre of the ship.

Double Edit: Build time was three(ish) hours and paint time was about another half an hour. I took the Research Station first, so I could have somewhere close to go back to when I was running low on O2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Krenios, Pr0gr4mm3r and Arturius1967 like this.
  12. HoneyfnBadger

HoneyfnBadger Ensign

Made a decent sized carrier with a pretty large hanger bay and about 80 + turrets. All hail the symmetry tool. Ps. I am sure there is room for more turrets hue.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Texmaster likes this.
  13. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

Looks a bit similar to confederation ships from Star Wars. I dont think you can use all this cannons isnt it 9 max at the same time, not turrets.

14. Flip

Flip Captain

I don't think it has enough turrets. It could use a few more.

15. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

i think it has too much turrets xD so it is, a 1hit ship! ....:eek:

16. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

hint for some other players ;) for the balance of your Capital Vessels ... install not too much turrets!
    look at this one for inspiration
    MTVB Sierenna
    Serial Key: CR1
    Serial number: 193

2015-10-07_00002.jpg

Groza, Bender, Times05 and 2 others like this.
  17. HoneyfnBadger

HoneyfnBadger Ensign

True, we really need weapon groups like x-3 terran conflict, where you can pool a number of weapons into a group where they don't even have to be the same weapon. The first idea for the ship was somewhat like the rebel alliance symbol but the current blocks don't support round shapes too well.

Would like to be able to do the Bentus from Homeworld 2.

loudboomaker and Flip like this.
  18. HoneyfnBadger

HoneyfnBadger Ensign

I find your lack of turrets... disturbing....

Flip likes this.
  19. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

I guess Borg have best ship designs after all...

Mac, Sevilavechious and Lealu like this.
  20. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

too much turrets are not useful for an really rpg. :eek: so i build all my ships only in rpg and functional design types.

when i look backwards to your ship, i can say, when i hit 1 turret of yours, you complete ship will be destroyed - 1Hit because
    the explosion effects. so a server will be lag or shutdown too at the same time. find the balance ;) this is my hint. the design of
    your ship is really nice but the defence are bad for you own.

Rannoc McMaulin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.