Change "old style" multiplayer server modifcation to a scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by chrawler, Aug 15, 2017.

1. chrawler

chrawler Ensign

We're running a small dedicated server setup, where I sometimes add and change playfields and sectors.
    With the possibility to add scenarios, I want to move our universe into a scenario and I already prepared it for me. But here is the problem: With the current game.dat I can't the game is ignoring any scenario file. When I rename our savegame and start a new game it works as expected. I considered to use this game.dat file as replacement for the other game but then I will loose all the faction memberships of all players and structures.

Is it somehow possible to convert this game.dat to accept the actual scenario folder?

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Does the new game have all the planet of the old game but just more or is it a complete set of new planets ?

I don't know if you will get it to work if you don't include all of the old planets, adding stuff to an existing game is possible but you need to be careful because it doesn't take much to break it as you can see.

You may have more luck in the multiplayer thread, more server operators visit that thread, one of them may know what you have done wrong, Im not sure what specifically the issue is.

3. chrawler

chrawler Ensign

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I moved all my modified playfields and the sector.yaml to a separate scenario folder. It uses the "old planets".
    For testing I removed the playfield and Template of a specific modified planet from the save game, but in the log it searches still in the content\playfield folder. As said when game.dat is missing, with the same configuration, it is doing all fine.

I tried this already, it seems that the game.dat holds the originally path. I opened it already with a hex editor but I couldn't see where it could be changed.