changing content of debugmenu: how?

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by mid endian, Feb 13, 2017.

1. mid endian

mid endian Commander

is it possible to add in a POI base I can spawn into the game? reseting planets is an all our nothing affair. I'd like to use debug menu to spawn in an alien base while game is running, using debugmenu. can we even edit in this way?

2. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

I know from experience that if you copy the POIs epb file to your blueprints folder and use the console command spawnanyblueprint then none of the POIs containers have any contents and the turrets don't fire.

The mob spawners work though.

3. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

Add a new planet to your server and have it reset every 12 or 24 hours. This will give your members fresh poi to assault everday.

You can find pre-made planets all over the forums. Just throw one into your appropriate folder and badaboom!

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Short answer: nope, unfortunately.

Long answer is to edit yamls and start new games or reset those playfields in your saved game. All of which are destructive to any prior progress in those playfields.

I kind of wish at some point the "Spawn" button on the debugmenu acts like the POI spawner, so we can wander somewhere, spawn in a POI, and pop, there it is, hole dug, ground cleared, and acting exactly as it should be. Someday maybe.

mid endian likes this.