Creative mode and other stuff.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spag, Mar 21, 2017.

1. spag

spag Lieutenant

Would it be possible to put an option to have a flat plane to build your base with a bit larger space than the block limit in creative mode.Also the ability to use building block(wood,concrete,etc...)apart from the core so you can put your core after and wherever you want in creative mode.And why do we need the core when we have a generator and fuel tanks to power our base and vessels.
    Other stuff:In the resume game window would it be possible to have the seed number that you have chosen in it.:confused:

2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

You can always build your base in space (the one issue might be using the connection feature to have separate sub-buildings). The lore purpose of the core is as the central controller for the base/ship, so that's why it's necessary. And you can always relocate the core after you've built a structure.

3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

The first thing I remove when making a base (heck even on ships) in creative mode, is the core. It always goes in much later when I have a better idea where I want it to be.

I have asked for a nuke-n-pave tool for creative mode, to clear a large area of land to be flat. As building in space something that is on the limits of SI, is almost impossible to figure out (while in space). Plus, its hard to walk around normally on a base in space without putting grav gens down, but then its still not the same feel as on land.

4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

All fair points; in particular I had forgotten about trying to do SI in space.

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I did fully construct that one new drone base in space though .... so building in space does have its merits.

6. john.73738

john.73738 Lieutenant

What I found building in space was that I build the foundation with the truss blocks and make it at least 3 blocks high, and build on top of that. It is a waste of blocks but when I place it on uneven ground I don't have problems with the SI. Then when the base is placed I remove the truss blocks and fill in with what ever blocks I used on the base.

Works for me.