Custom Planets List

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Vexray, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Over the course of the next few weeks, My server is undergoing a large expansion. Ive been in the process of building quality custom planets now ever since I was introduced to it by another one of our members here. I wanted to share a few screenshots and potentially planets with other players who may want to include these into their servers as well.

Lumia - Scarab Homeworld Conquered by Lorien Federation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mios 1.0 - The Melting Planet (Pre-Cataclysm)

[​IMG]

Mios 2.0 - Cold Inferno (Post-Cataclysm)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vulca - Ancient Savannah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aeris - The Shattered Marsh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dalos - Wasteland of the Lorien Federation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are just a few of the planets we have on the server currently and if time permits, we will be hosting over 20 fully 100% custom planets. If anyone is interested in using some contact me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. TK85

TK85 Captain

Cool these planets!
    I could share them with me? Not for serverI have no one, it is for solo play it!

3. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Update 7-27-16 ::::

Ive added more planets and will now release the collective pack of my playfields for testing. REMEMBER: These planets are considered "Alpha" stage and are AS-IS, they are stable, they work like any other playfield however due to the lack of any real information, I may have missed a plant or two here and there in generation, Creatures are mostly default. Please leave feedback so i can attempt to fine tune these appropriate to the needs of our players =D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ovus - Coral Reefs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Vyrdis - Methane Giant

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mordica - Arctic Glaciers

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Andromeda - Misty Shores

Sorry for the wait and I hope you guys enjoy! =D

Attached Files:

Krenios, Cavadus and futontorpedo like this.
  4. futontorpedo

futontorpedo Commander

Awesome! Can't wait to try these out. Think you could post the Sectors.yaml section for these planets?

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow that is beautiful .. I wonder how do people do this.

6. Vexray

Vexray Captain

I will post a modified sector file with these planets in the near future, Once i finish the rest of the planned planets i will release one on my pinned topic in the hangar bay =)

futontorpedo and banksman45 like this.
  7. Ocenica

Ocenica Ensign

This is my 2nd day playing this game... You can make planets that other people can play on? Mind blown!

futontorpedo likes this.
  8. Talk2Rider

Talk2Rider Lieutenant

Yes, and you can build new alien structures on them as well. This is going to be a lot of fun! I've just stuck my toe in the water in the last few days, but I already have 36 planets in my current game...not counting all the related moons and orbit playfields. Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to have a server -- you can add it all to your normal single player game. Can you break your game? Definitely. But if you do it carefully and follow the rules, it is really not difficult. Check out the Hangar Bay discussions to find out more. Then get busy building planets and trying out the ones others have made. We have some really talented folks in there.

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I've wanted this type of planet in Space Engineers or a Star Citizen space sim type of game for so long but thanks you to guys I did it in Empyrion. My new mostly water planet. I call it water world. I know Empryion has the beach like planet but this has more water. I took the desert planet and turn the sea level all the way up.
    Screenshot (179).png Screenshot (180).png Screenshot (188).png Screenshot (192).png

It would not be right if I created a water planet and didn't do this. lol StarGate Atlantis fan boy.
    Screenshot (210).png

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I had no idea your SVs can function like Subs. All this game needs now are alien sea life .lol Screenshot (197).png Screenshot (198).png

Talk2Rider likes this.
  11. Talk2Rider

Talk2Rider Lieutenant

Love it! Very nicely done.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

thanks.. Being able to do this adds so much to the game. I just can't wait until the devs add larger planets then I bet we will really see
    crazy planets.

13. Ashern

Ashern Ensign

What folder do I put the planet files in?

14. Westworld

Westworld Commander

Hi Vexray, I have tried out some of your planets, and in general I must say: fine work !
    These planets function well and other than the same small issues I have seen with other peoples planets, and my own... A job well done.

Kudos to you!

15. Deadpool

Deadpool Ensign

how do you apply these planets to a server? my friend has a private server we play on and we cant seem to get them to work

16. Sugada

Sugada Ensign

I'm having the same issue. I didn't try before 4.0 update but when I try now I cant get it to work.
    Here is the only change I made to the server folder.

When I follow the instructions to add a new planet using an existing playfield Desert, the server but it doesnt add the new planet. Has anyone tried adding any new planets since the new update when they could before?

Here is my modified sectors.yaml:

- Coordinates: [ 5, 0, -5 ]
    Color: "0.15, 0.3, 0.04"
    Icon: "Circle"
    Playfields:
    - [ "0, 0, 0", "Seymour Orbit", SpaceAsteroidsField ]
    - [ "0, 0, 0", Seymour, Desert]
    - [ "-6500, 5000, 6500", Seymour Moon, Moon]

Nothing else has changed and as I said, my server still runs. Just no Seymour planet

17. Sugada

Sugada Ensign

UPDATE! It seems there are different folders that impacts these changes. If I understand this correctly, if your starting a fresh new server then the Playfields and Sectors yaml files are stored here: X:\EmpyrionServer\Content where your playfields and Sector folders are.

If your wanted to modify a current server you are already hosting, then those files are located here: X:\EmpyrionServer\Saves\Games\NewGame\

I found this to be my confusion from the how to videos and hopefully I resolved my own issue.

18. djsvendee

djsvendee Ensign

Will there be an update with the new 5.0 parameters, new POIs? really like the planets

19. - MonK -

- MonK - Ensign

It is working with the 5.1 experimental ?