Custom Planets that are updated every Large Update. DEDICATED SERVERS.For Beginners.

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by piddlefoot, Nov 14, 2016.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I would suggest you have possibly made an error somewhere.

Did you swap out the folders with the correct ones in the correct folder.

Which would be the DEDICATED folder and Not the Empyrion Galactic Survival folder ?
    That's the most obvious thing I can think of without seeing your PC file set up.

Started a new game ?

2. Sixara™

Sixara™ Ensign

It was the folders as you listed in the instructions for our dedicated server. I replaced the config in the save folder as well and all the planets appeared on the map. Playfields and Starting planets are listed now. Thank you for this resource! :)

3. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

Looks like a lot of hours went in to this - thanks so much, Piddlefoot!

Will merge this with the solar system on my server - looking forward to future updates :D

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Theres no major changes yet for map terrain in 6.0, that said, there have been changes in a couple of previous updates that have not gone into this project yet, so at 6.0 I will update all the YAML files to be compliant with the 6.0 version.

Also , on a few planets there still seems to be a bit of a lag issue for mid ranged PC so I have lowered density slightly of grass, the thing people least notice, thinned a few forests and taken some underwater assets out to lessen the amount being rendered every second.

5. TSmith62

TSmith62 Ensign

This still not working in SP?

Looks great, have played some modded servers, but from time to time i get the itch to conqeour something alone, or at least try to..

Thanks in Advance

6. Narfle

Narfle Ensign

The screenshots in post 8 are incredible.

7. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    So basically you could save your whole project as a "scenario" now, correct?
    This will make it even easier to play in single player and probably multiplayer server soon.

Have you added weather effects to your 50 planets yet?

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Correct and the scenario Im building has dozens of custom planets, its separate from this set of planets which will not be supported after this update, in moving to scenarios I merged those planets to the new scenario so there will be a lot more planets in this set after 6.0 and also on ALL the starter planets Ive set up separate Instances for 3 POIs so that no starter planet can ever have no POIs for new players.

Its much easier to install with scenarios and you never have to worry about the game over writing some of your files.

The new scenario is an adventure exploration scenario, see if you can find the Lost City and its secrets to the promised system of glory, explore the stargated planets and walk from one to another see what it brings, theres a proper story to go with it but its 4 pages so I aint typing that out right now !~

ALL of my planets have had ALL there YAMLs upated 4.0 , 5.0 , and 6.0 to include ALL latest features, that's half the reason I set this thread up, to try and prevent a lot of the bugs we see online from non-updated YAML files.
    Vexrays planet set had a lot of issues the YAMLs were very old, he hadn't updated for a very long time and no longer plays Empyrion so I updated ALL of his planets also as they are popular and I will update his thread in next few days with his updated planet set 6.0 YAMLs.

Pantera and rainyday like this.
  9. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Did you make the new POIs all yourself? Or did you adjust the bases people put online and on Steam (adding spawn pads and alien cores) ?

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Some are new POIs and some are workshop converted to POIs.

Have had to hold off on uploading vexrays planet set until 6.0 official release because so much is changing daily in the YAMLs and I would like the vexray set to be as up to date as possible when released as they wont get an update until 7.0 unless theres a serious bug.

11. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

Will this work on an experimental server?

12. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

is anyone else's poi's not shooting?

13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

You might find some POIs not working because of the big changes to some of the YAML files , they were created on 5.5, you seem to be running them on version 6> , it may also throw COQs at anytime , in the Exploration scenario Im building they are all working and tested.

All of these planets plus a couple of dozen more rolled into one scenario, '' The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration'' scenario which also includes Vexrays set of planets.