Custom Playfields, POIs Help

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Rogue55x, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Hi all
    First let me say i have been a long time viewer but first time poster, I very much appreciate the community here as you all have been very helpful with sharing information in regards to the game and customizations of it.

Anywho i have a few issues that i am running into and was wondering if anyone can help out, so here we go.

What i'm trying to do:
    I am using the A6 experimental branch as i want a custom system and now with the scenarios this makes it a lot easier to manage and do. I would like to have a custom Origin start within a base on planet which can now be done with custom starter gear.

Issues:
    1. I have a custom base that i am using as the start location, i have added it to its own group and have it randomly placed in the playfield, however when it is placed it is always 1 block above ground. I have it set to flatten the area on spawn. I see that you can offset the ground location but you can only move it up not down currently. I have only had time to try this with one blueprint, so i was wondering if anyone knew if this is a potential issue with the blueprint or is it something i am missing?

2. I would like the starting location to be usable by the people that start there, so i initially had it set to a Admin Core but then some things are not usable by players so i decided to make it a player core set to public which all seems to work. however it initially does not have fuel or power. Is there a way to power it up with fuel right from the start without players putting in fuel.

3. It would be nice to also have a few small public HVs to use at the location, so i know that to be able to do that i would need to specifically place the base in a location so i can then place the HVs which means i need to set a specific Seed to the playfield and set the usefixed: to True. however is it possible to do that and still have random POIs and resources spawn in so that i do not have to specifically place those also?

Sorry i know that's a lot and i didn't mean for this post to be that long, but any help from you fine folks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. mid endian

mid endian Commander

I think part of the problem is putting fixed POIs on a survival planet. creative had no problems with fixed placement but may glitch with a survival game. I've yet to look at the scenario files and verify this.

do you prefer to place all the bases and ships yourself?

3. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

No i would perfer to only have to place the starting base and ships next to it, and have everything else random

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

1 Check the base your trying to spawn does NOT have any thin blocks under it, in the BP grouping make sure its set to -1 and tick the flatten ground box.

2 Use an ADMIN core [ blue ] and set all the things you want players to use to 0000 on the lock code for that device.

3 Not really possible without swapping files in the backround, the game cant auto spawn them where you want, there is no instruction in the YAML to do it either. Its not impossible but its really tricky and you have to create new entries in a YAML file to do it as there is nothing in any YAMLs currently about placing a POI specifically to co-ords for survival.
    If you wanna have a crack at it scroll down the planets YAML to the fixed creative start stuff and have a look at how it works and it layout and see if the penny drops and you can figure it out, if you cant , probably just saved corrupting your game anyway.

So that means your just better off with Admin rights if its a server or SP then Console, Godmode, and itemmenu, should get you sorted, if your HVs are on a BP then put BP into factory, Console , finishbp, and just place the HVs where you want.
    If you go delete your PLY file after placing the HVs the game will drop you in a fresh start.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Rogue55x likes this.
  5. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    1. To set it the into the ground you have to use negative multiples of 2. So -2, -4, -6, -8 etc. will work

2. A6 added the feature that whatever item you place in containers in CREATIVE will also be spawned with the BP according to the patch notes. Did you try to add fuel, oxygen and then saved the BP with them?

Rogue55x likes this.
  6. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Ya I posted this before I really got too into a6 and it seems to resolve these issues. Thank you for the response.

7. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Ya I have played around with trying to do it, I know that you can set ships in a space playfield as all things there are fixed positions, you can do it on a planet however you would need to set a specific seed then select useFixed in the yaml and then place everything on the planet including resources and POIs. So getting the exact position and cords of all that stuff is to much work in my books. Would be cool to set crashed ships and salvageable things to start but oh well maybe someday.

As for the other stuff, I did go the admin core root and works great with the Player container and setting the access code which I found then felt stupid for asking it here as its says it in the game. and the placement issue was that I put -1 and it needs to be even numbers it appears.

Cheers

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I was testing the POIs saving what goes into a placed container yesterday and it was working for me well, if its not for you, check your files and if no error maybe do a bug report.