CV size limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenophon, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Xenophon

Xenophon Active Member

Is there a hard limit for amount of blocks used in CV and would game lag if it were built of too many blocks? Im thinking about making a really big CV but not if fps drop to 2 because of that.

2. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Astra likes this.
  3. Sols

Sols New Member

thats kinda a shame as it would making a 1:1 remake of the death star imposable to do then :(

4. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Moderator
    Staff Member

The block size limit is only temporally. It will be changed in the future.

But, do you really want to build a planetoid alike object, with 160.000 m diameter out of 2 m blocks ?
    You already need 80.000 blocks just for one line, from the one side to the another ;)

Have fun, I think you would need years for this :D

You guys should try to build a 500 m long capital ship first, and finish it completly with interior.
    This is already an titan work, which takes week(s). ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Rannoc McMaulin likes this.
  5. Xenophon

Xenophon Active Member

Once they add way to use blueprints in survival we will just need to get resources for it and then it will build itself, but yes youll probably need to empty a few systems of iron just to build the shell of something that big.

Also you can make borg sphere ship first which isnt planetoid sized but is still a sphere so it would look like death star. Place core in middle and watch as it takes centuries for enemy to penetrate hull.

6. Astra

Astra Active Member

I wonder if their will be away to set a build limit when we finally have dedicated servers? I like his ideas of enormous build, but I would not like them in my server, if I was paying for it.

Hm also then brings up the point, when we do have dedicated servers, will we be able to replenish a planet that has used up resources? And if so, how to protect builds in depleted areas?

7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Well-Known Member

I can build just massive structures in Empyrion with no lag, there is a grid length and height limit at the moment soon to be extended past 500, but even with a dozen HuGe ships there is no lag, and that's flying around at 100 odd m/s, it is totally different to SE in this respect.

8. talilon

talilon Member

I'm suddenly experiencing extreme lag on my CV. FPS 6-7. Any ideas?
    I've already tried turning the CV off and removing the RCSs no change. There aren't a lot of lights on it.

9. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Well-Known Member

Actually, it's slightly longer than 250, I have a capship that is 257 blocks long.

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Well-Known Member

Theres been new blocks added, not optimized, also new game rules and stuff in the backround we don't see, file changes, ect, so every now and then we get an update that brings our frame rate down, usually in a couple of updates it will rectify itself as they sort through the issues, I think we can expect it to drop a bit more as they work on the Galaxy procedural generator, which will take time away from optimizations for a while.
    That's pretty much there next biggest feature in the game and is a crapload of work, then we will probably see other mechanics added, like automated droids and mining attachments for our SV's, force fields, weapons improvements, a tracking system for targeting, all the detailed features, but there so restricted for optimizations until the big main features are in its not worth much time right now. We need to be patient little pre-alpha Ewoks !.

talilon likes this.