Does anyone know a list of all the music playable in the .yaml?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Christianholmes, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I cannot seem to find a list of all the different music we can set for POIs in the playfield.yaml

I'm working on a program to put random POIs on your planets to make your own custom single/multiplayer scenarios more fun since you won't know where everything is. For example, I made a custom trader who sells Epic weapons. The program will randomly add him to one planet in your game and you won't know where until you've explored. It will add any POI you create/download to one/some/all of your planets (even just temperate/desert/etc). It works with any scenario so finding that trader in "Universal Voodoo 2" will keep you busy!

Anyway, I want to have an option to add music, but I can't find a list of the song names (such as "DarkSoundscape" etc.)

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

What I did was open every Yaml in the default game for every playfield and just copy and pasted all of them to a separate notepad spreadsheet so now I just cut the one I want for the planet Im doing or POI or whatever it is.

So at the top of the YAML you have a line that just says Music it works slightly different to the POI music so it has a different command line.

This is off the Alian playfield.

Music: Vanguard

Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: moonstone

Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: JungleDepths

So you can get 2 songs just from this file, go through the others and do the same.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  3. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Gotcha. Are the music files hardcoded? I guess I can understand that, but would be nice if they gave us a list.

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I think the music is hardcoded yes, probably to stop people causing bugs from overly big music files or something, not sure, or maybe its got to do with copyrights, dunno.

5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

This sounds like a very reverse engineered kind of way to find all the music that is never referenced at all in the yaml files? What would I have to do for find those ones? Surely this is a 5 minute question for the developers?

6. ZzzSmileYzzZ

ZzzSmileYzzZ Lieutenant