[TOOL] EAH | Empyrion Admin Helper v1.61.x

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. xcom_kill

xcom_kill Lieutenant

Thank you. Try one of these days :)

2. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

After looking at this for a while, I went ahead and started a new server game with this last weekend. This is a private server on our LAN and only 2 people on it. We have been having issues with getting disconnected from the server. We had some issues before with our experimental server before using this tool, but with this tool today has been horrible. While my husband has been able to stay connected consistently, I am getting kicked every 15 minutes. The other day it was right reverse with me staying on and him getting kicked constantly. I'm at my wits end as to why these disconnects are happening. For a very small private server, even the lower end laptop we are using to host the server should not have these issues. If we had more people I would say yes, but when I got kicked today every 15 minutes and I was the only one on the server, I cannot think of any other reason. I will continue to do more testing, if I can actually play.

3. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Do you have a log saying why you are being kicked?

4. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

Yes I do.

Same time from the dedicated log.
    I do also want to note that if I started any crafting or building just before I got kicked, the resources are used to make the items or place the block, but the end result is not there. I think the most I've seen this happen is about 20 seconds. We just spawn the items back in but since this didn't happen until I started using the admin helper, I am posting here in case it is a bug with the helper.

Edit: To fix my typos and add attachments of the two logs.

Attached Files:

5. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

This doesn't appear the EAH tool to me. BTW, does it matter who connects to the server first vs who gets the disconnections?

6. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

No, not that we have recorded. Another note I forgot to add is that when we get the disconnect we are forced to quit, except it hangs at the background of the main menu. I've let it sit 30 minutes before but it doesn't close down. We have to do an end task through the task manager. That I know is empyrion itself but if it helps any there it is.

7. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey, sorry to hear that. But I think this is the wrong thread. The tool does not cause such disconnects.
    Remember that the game and also the server needs quite some ram and cpu. So to host it on a slow device is already critical. Please check the taskmanager to see how the laptop is doing.

Even thouhg its the wrong topic here, just a few questions:
    Are you hosting and playing the game on the same laptop?
    How many ram and what CPU does it have?
    Can you send a screenshot of the taskmanager processes section.

Thank you

8. Viper338

Viper338 Ensign

WARNING: This tool appears to be infected with a VIRUS, which ESET NOD32 has picked up on and which I had received an alert from my cloud provider that my server that ran this tool appears to be part of a botnet

9. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks for the Info. Please see this arcticle for more Infos: .
    Its a false alarm.
    If you read the alarm-message carefully you would see that the software is just flagged for "confuser", which is a code protection (which is obviously meant to be as you can imagine), nothing more.
    The tool also does also not cause your server to be in a any botnet. This might be due to bad security on the server or maybe a open hacked telnet port?

10. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Could it be heuristic? Since EAH uses telnet to communicate to Empyrion, is it flagging the telnet as botnet like activity?

11. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

So around work this week, we were able to get a few hours play time in so I could run some more testing. I have yet to run the server without the tool to test there but that is on my to-do list for this weekend. One thing we found out last night is the prevalence of disconnects is higher if you used god mode at all. I only got kicked once for the 2 hours I was on but didn't use the command. Hubby used it a couple of times and he got kicked 4x during those 2 hours. Still need to run more testing.

To answer your question though, the laptop has an i3 and 6gb of ram. This is an older laptop that I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on, installed TeamViewer, TeamSpeak, and Notepad++. It is our dedicated lan game server now using steamcmd and only ever has one game server up at a time. Even with both of us connected to the server it was only running at 50% memory usage and didn't go over that except once to 51%. CPU would spike a couple of times, but for the most part didn't go above 70% when under heavy load while we were flying around. If not under heavy load it hovered around 18-20%. This isn't meant to be a server for more than for a few friends (usually it just hubby and myself) so it does it's job mostly. I ran a performance monitor report for the 2 hours we played and as expected the playfield exe used the most cpu but that is how I got the numbers above.

For the screenshots you requested, I have several and adding them here.

Unless the tests come back with reduced results without the tool loaded, I probably won't respond again after this. You are right that the tool is taking up way less cpu and memory than the game, which I would expect. We just don't remember this many disconnects even running experimental prior to this.

12. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

jmcburn likes this.
  13. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Latest Patch Notes - 28.03.2017 - v1.35.0:

Hey everyone,

ready for 6.0 @Jascha worked very hard on EAH and implemented really great features / improvements / fixes.
    The focus as he said is mainly the client / server progress. The first step is done in giving the Slave tool a lot more connections to the master tool and ease the work with it.

Other than that especially the AM, CSW and timetable could boost the fun of your players if used properly.

At least it gives you a very good foundation for all the cool features you have to take care of in 6.0 for your players.

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Patch Notes Emp Admin Helper
    • Added: Master/Slave update. Slave has much more power and uses API and shared DB with Master
    • Added: Player: Set Experience (over API)
    • Added: Timetable: Start Job manually
    • Added: Timetable: Toogle Allow/Deny. Parameter: Playfields seperated by #
    • Added: AM:Fuel:All --> Takes all fuel from Player inventory
    • Added: Player Statistics: To Slow. Now button to load extra statistics later
    • Added: Translation: Ownly on tooltip-Show
    • Added: Structure: Touch: All selected
    • Added: Playfields: To slow: Now button to load extra statistics later
    • Added: Better Threading and complete overhaul of tool core
    • Added: New Databas Tables
    • Added: Timetable: Stop/Restart/Wipe/Backup --> Use Parameter 2 to execute shell after Server stopped and wait for end of it (max 5 min)
    • Added: Offlinejob: Automatic functions to set faction, warp,.... when he gets online (also for structures).
    • Added: Less modal windows
    • Added: Performance boost (still some coming)
    • Added: Alpha 6.0 first preperations
    • Fixed: CSW Update: Shold work very well now
    • Fixed: Player Details: Faction rights wrong
    • Fixed: Emergency Warp on login
    • Fixed: Player Logs: Missing faction warnings
    • Fixed: Backup DB of Tool

---

To get the EAH tool just visit the website: https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download
    There you can download + see the patch notes + ask for help + read the documentation
    Tip: if you need help with the tool or have a suggestion please do this via the forum.

jmcburn likes this.
  14. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Just a smal hint.

This Version is not working with 6.0 even though i prepared everything. But it needs different DLL's, therefore I left 6.0 out for now.
    The "ready for 6.0" might be a bit missunderstandable. Sorry for that.

15. thegrazzman

thegrazzman Lieutenant

So, I have this loaded up on a 6 and did not know this before hand. Is this why I am not seeing any players in the player list???

Capture.PNG

16. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Exactly... the Mod does not work. I try to upload today or omorrow a 6.0 verison too.

17. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Please see our Download page for those who want to run the tool with Alpha 6.0. I added a special download for Alpha 6.0.
    Keep in mind that things like Items, etc are not adapted and will be done later in the real Version. Everything else should be fine.

18. thegrazzman

thegrazzman Lieutenant

The Alpha 6.0 is working great. Thanks for the fast work.

Is their a way to load POIs into the Deposits system AFTER they have been ravished? Akua is pretty much destroyed and I want to use this to keep they new.

If not, does any one know if I can back up the current server, load a fresh server, map all the POIs, then reload the old server??

Also seems the Set Deposit From Location is not working in the 6.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  19. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Sadly not yet. But for the future we try to see if there is another aproach to this problem.

Thats a bit difficult if you have oterh structures on that playfield. Would not really work. But you could use the tool.
    Just do what you said: Make a backup via tool. Then create the same world again and copy the shared folder and the Playfield folder into that backup. Then go to structures-> right mouse button-> "Load from backup" and select those pois and get them back into the game. Its manual work, but its possible. Easiest and safest is, if the playfield is loaded... That gives me an idea on how to do it automatically via tool... lets see ;).

Oh thanks for the info. Will check that

20. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

There is a new Alpha 6 Experimental Version to download. Please use this one from now on, to work with the current EXP-Branch.
    There were also some changes in the tool, but Patch-Notes come when Alpha 6.0 goes live (or shortly before) and we release a new real Tool-Version.

Taelyn likes this.