[TOOL] EAH | Empyrion Admin Helper v1.61.x

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Another smal update mostly important for those using the "Structure-Load from Update" function.

2. Michael Lovelace

Michael Lovelace Lieutenant

I could really use some help setting this up on my server, looks like a great tool

3. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

A update for the nex EXP-Version comes very soon (the old will not work with it!). Latest tonight :).

4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

A New EXP Version is up.
    Please keep in mind: You need to Stop the server, then start the tool, then start the server so that the tool works after an update (because he needs to copy the Mod to the Server while the Server is stopped. Allways when you install a tool update!)

I will start with putting the Patch Notes up, even though the real Version comes with 6.0 but we are close and too many changes already in the tool ;)
    One Info upfront: The Timetable changed and has now SubTasks. Therefore you need to build your Backup/Wipe Tasks new (they might apear as tasks in the timetable that you did not set.... please delete them and add them as subtasks to the restart task.).
    If you put in one restart task and select it again it will give you more information on the bootom of the window.

See more infos and a Timetable Example in the patch notes

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    jmcburn likes this.
  5. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Is the CB:Survival command broken for 6.0 atm? Also noticed it isnt reporting players online or updating player list correctly.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Download the EXP version they made. Just tried it on my 6.0 part 3 server with the version that came out today. Everything works fine. Commands, player list. No issues at all

7. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I did download it and its currently what I am running. No one else reported any issues so Im wondering if its just an isolated incident? We actually have a few weird issues.

1) Players never actually show up correctly in the list or show online even though they are clearly online.
    2) Survival.XML does not work. Survival check box to activate is missing from config menus as well. Type in CB:SURVIVAL command and nothing happens but text telling you to stay warm.
    3) Sometimes chats wont show up either. We can see them type in game, and 1 out of every 10 chats doesnt show up in the tool.

Any ideas?

Some Notes:

Last maintenance on the server was 3 weeks ago. Everything cleaned, ram and hdd's checked with tools, booted and ran fine. Ran memtestX86 again just to verify (all 64 GB Passed 3 passes).

Cpus 1 and 2 are fine and pass stress tests. all 16 cores are good @ 3.06 Ghz

HDD Scan turned up nothing on either drive.

Virus scans are run weekly on the system.

We JUST updated this machine to experimental dedi and latest 1.35.01 EXP 6.0 Admin Helper with all fresh configs. We are currently not running process lasso or any other software that could potentially cause problems.

There were 6 of us on the server at the time of the screen shot 30 mins into testing.

Also: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Zv6-e2OQQYY2xhS2RHZDhfRzA/view?usp=sharing Current Screenshot of the issue.

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

No clue. never had those issues.

Best is wait till @Jascha wakes up :)

Looking to the screenshot its not the latest EXP version from EAH you are running. Telnet window got removed in the latest version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6u9hJyTzGlsa1gwWlFXTHZBUHc/view

Download this one. Its there latest that Jascha released today

If that doesnt fix everything or atleast partly then u have to w8 till they wake up :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
    Jascha likes this.
  9. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Ok thank you. I work a lot of hours lol so I figured I would double check because the file i found had the same name as the zip I have already. Usually something simple hahahaha but I havent followed closely enough apparently.

Taelyn likes this.
  10. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks guys for solving it in my dreams ;). The Version should be the issue since many many things changed.
    This 2 Version thing is bad... have to think about it how to do it next time.....

Taelyn likes this.
  11. Generin

Generin Ensign

I have problems with this new version... It has connection errors in the EPM log.txt file... Here is what it is today...
    19.04.2017 08:55:09.346 I Now listening on ip 127.0.0.1 with port 12345
    19.04.2017 08:55:13.333 E MDP: Connection closed while writing (Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    19.04.2017 08:55:13.333 E MDP: Connection closed while writing (Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    19.04.2017 08:55:31.113 E MDP: ObjectDisposed: Connection closed while reading (Cannot read from a closed BinaryReader.)
    19.04.2017 08:56:13.073 E MDP: ObjectDisposed: Connection closed while reading (Cannot read from a closed BinaryReader.)
    19.04.2017 08:56:29.585 E MDP: Connection closed while reading (Read failure)

Because of this, really nothing works (no players show up, etc) - which makes sense if it closed the connection...

12. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Those Errors are "normal" when the server stops. Does not look strange.
    What date does the EPM.dll have?

13. Michael Lovelace

Michael Lovelace Lieutenant

What does this error mean, I still cant get this working, lol
    This is what i get with the FTP old way NOT CHECKED
    Error while downloading file dedicated.yaml from ftp server. Timed out trying to read data from a socket stream!

This is what i get with it checked.
    Error while downloading file dedicated.yaml from ftp Server. the underlying connection was closed. The server committed a protocol violation.

14. Generin

Generin Ensign

Thank you... For some reason it didnt copy the new EPM.dll from the new patch. I manually copied it over and it seems to be working now...

Thanks again.

15. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey guys. Due to a couple of busy days infront of me and also the next EXP comming very soon, I uploaded a new Version for the comming EXP. Don't use it with the current EXP (might not work at all)! Its just preperation for you.

Besides the new functions we got, a couple of bugs were fixed. Especially the API-Connection/Player-Online bug.

Hope it works well for you. If you notice any problems, let us know.
    Proper Patch notes will come with 6.0 :).

Taelyn likes this.
  16. EnRKc

EnRKc Ensign

Is EAH working at all for anyone on 6.0.8? Reading above, it sounds like I have the latest version. The date on my EPM.dll is 4/24. Telnet won't connect and no server information loads including playfields and players.

17. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Did you set the config to Alpha_6?

EnRKc likes this.
  18. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yep works perfect. Telent is removed for most part out of EAH. If u have telnet on in the dedicated.yaml and cant connect to telnet with a cmd then its not EAH but your server

EnRKc likes this.
  19. EnRKc

EnRKc Ensign

It is set to Alpha_6. I know the telnet window was removed, but the Telnet power button no longer goes green. It seems like EAH lost contact with the dedicated server when I updated to 6.0.4 or 5. Figured it was just a side effect of going experimental until I stumbled upon this forum. I guess I'll try a total file wipe on my server and try again.

Any issues with Windows updates?

20. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

If you are using Experimental:
    1. Make sure you are using the latest Empyrion Dedicated Server (I believe the current is 6.0.8).
    2. Make sure you are using Emp Admin Helper Full V1.35.01 for Alpha 6 - Experimental.
    You should be fine. BTW, when did you last wipe your server?

EnRKc likes this.