[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Emp Playfield Generator (EPG) - v1.06.x

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by RexXxuS, Aug 5, 2016.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

EDIT:

This tool is replaced by the following: https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-ewssc-empyrion-web-solar-system-creator-v1-0-0.91548/

--------------------------

Hey creative Worldcreators,

after our EAH tool we decided to go the next big step and create a Playfield Generator Tool. You can use it for free and we hope it will help you too.
    Disclaimer: that is the very first version and contains only the sectors.yaml configuration for now. But of course more is coming later on like planet and orbits customization.
    Also keep in mind that there is no error checks yet. For example giving a planet a very long name don't let the server start, etc.

But let's come to the fun part - what you can already do?
    • Reading and writing of Sector.yaml
    • Editable list of all Data - all axis X, Y, Z.
    • Visual Map of Data (Sector/Orbit)
    • Drag & Drop to move planets / orbits in all axis X, Y, Z
    • Playfields will be automatically connected if in range
    • Show AU distance between planets (see Tooltip when hoovering over lines)
    • Show Playfield Map visibility ingame by textcolor of planet
    So you are welcome to use it and please give us feedback if you like it or make suggestions - even though it is in early stage.
    Thanks and have fun!

Download

Here is a mirror link meanwhile (Plik is a scalable & friendly temporary file upload system ( wetransfer like ) in golang.)

Patch Notes

How-To video:

teaser-1.jpg

teaser-2.jpg

teaser-3.jpg

teaser-4.jpg

teaser-5.jpg

epg-1.05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2019
    Sephrajin, TK85, Apollonius and 18 others like this.
  2. nickt629

nickt629 Lieutenant

Cannot wait to test this!!! Especially with how well emp works!

3. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Thanks for this tool, i m sure that Eleon can approve this !

4. nickt629

nickt629 Lieutenant

update: have tested this out and it works great. 2 great big thumbs up to some awesome programmers

5. Vexray

Vexray Captain

So wait you actually impressed me. Good job on this, and this one doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to use. Kudos, just a little annoying seeing all this "Monetization" going on, things that people are charging for could easily push EGS into better territory if they stopped being greedy..Those of you know who i'm talking about.

6. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks guys for your feedback! We are glad it helps you and we are excited in the coming versions.

About your reputation about our EAH full tool: some call it greedy some call it deserved. If putting over 2000 hours into that tool in our spare time we think that price is fair. Everyone who is blaming can either code it by themself or just don't use it.
    Everyone who blamed us by the way never asked for help or participation.

Anyways that is not the topic of this thread. Enjoy creating universes! More is under way :)

Lhetre likes this.
  7. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Ive spent hundreds of hours on planets and masterfiles for players to create their own planets, I understand wholeheartedly that it takes time, maybe I should charge for the planets I made, im not going to, because I like offering my service to those who want to use them. Either way like you said, thats a topic for another day. Good work on the programs, glad your providing them to the playerbase to use. Now if we can just figure out how you guys are making multiple servers connect and autominers....

8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Patch Notes - 17.08.2016 - v1.01.0:

Hey guys,
    Jascha is back and so the fun goes on!
    We are finalizing everything regarding the sectors.yaml. One important step is to reduce wrong input data so the server starts correctly and don't throw internal errors (if you move the sun for example).
    Also you can choose from biomes you have made in your Content folder now. So keep in mind to make them first in the Content folder to get it suggested in the Dropdown of EPG. (if you made the biomes in the Content folder don't forget to click the "Reload Biome" button).

Patch Notes Emp Playfield Generator
    • Added: Cleanup Backups after 2 days
    • Added: Load Biomes automatically and reload button
    • Added: Partly prevent entering of wrong Data and prevent saving of wrong data
    • Added: Backup Sector yaml in Sectors Folder
    • Added: Config Settings in English
    • Added: Selection of Icons
    • Added: Save on Exit
    • Added: Mark Planets to move multiple
    • Added: Checkbox Start Planet
    • Added: Toggle Distance Line visibility
    • Added: Expander for let area to get Map Fullview
    • Fix: Crash when klick on save button to often
    • Fix: Error when Editing and Sorting
    • Fix: Z-Coordinates
    • Fix: Show coordinates on border

---

To get the free Emp Playfield Generator version just visit the website: http://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download
    There you can download + see the patch notes + ask for help + read the documentation

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    H.P. Strangelove likes this.
  9. Furian

Furian Captain

yeah another awesome tool created by you guys... impressive!

10. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Ok... Just in case anyone else wonders... In single player Creative rearranging the main planets, or adding additional planets will break the game!! Survival will however work fine.

Great tool by the way!! This answered a lot of questions we had about arranging our universe!! Seriously... Great work :) I cant wait to see what you add to this tool next!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  11. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yea pretty awesome Rexxus and Jascha, what are the odds you guys could create a tool that imports 3d models into a map ?

12. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

You're planning on adding planet customization and creation right? That would be AWESOME considering that eleon feels it unnecessary to have documentation somewhere on what you can change and what you cant for private servers -_- . Actually nothing about the sector file or play-fields are documented anywhere from what I can tell. We really should do something about that ourselves as a community because it seems to be a largely ignored topic. We have a few custom planets that are pretty kickass too, but we had to go through so much to make them unique... And I cant tell you how many files we downloaded that were glitchy at best.

13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

zztong likes this.
  14. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Thats awesome.
    Thats awesome :) Im actually dedicating a portion of my website specifically to private server installation and setup documentation (empyrion is going to be the first to document with many more to follow). Trying to get it all in one place so its easily linked and usable. I figure since its paid up for the next 5 years I may as well make use of it lol. Ive searched this forum at least a dozen times and found very little in the way of information for customizing new planets and what can or can not be changed in the originals.

15. Raider160

Raider160 Ensign

I can't seem to get the EPG program to look at my "Dedicated" sectors.yaml in my \\\Saves\Games\Gamename\Sectors folder rather than the one in \\Content\Sectors.

Also, in my case I have additional templates for Biomes, how do I add them to the EPG program.

16. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

at the moment he is just looking at the Sectors.yaml in the Content folder. You could change it by editing the settings.xml.

Where do you save your additional templates? In a different folder? If you added them while the tool was open, just click on reload biomes.

17. Raider160

Raider160 Ensign

Thanks,

I would like to request two features that would make this work awesome for me and maybe others. I have my server hosted on BlueFang, so I really just bring my sectors.yaml via ftp to my local machine for editing. I think it would be great if I could target the sectors.yaml directly for loading ... even if it were just on my desktop. Currently to program is asking for the game location, which as you said it does not need. Secondly, a way to edit (add to) the biomes in the drop down list, so that I can work with my custom templates during the editing. Thanks for the great work thusfar.

18. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thx for the suggestions. We implemented it and will send out a update the next days.

We started with the Biomes but its quite a lot we need to do to release a "secure" Version. Since I'm on vacation soon, it will take a bit longer for the Biomes to be editable... But after vacation we will do our best to get that part done too. :)

19. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

For that we would need to mess around with Unity what would be right now out of our scope... who knows what the future brings though ;)

20. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Patch Notes - 07.09.2016 - v1.02.0:

Hey guys,
    before Jascha is going to vacation this is a little stability / improvement patch. Now the work is going on for biomes / customization of playfields. It will be some work but as soon as the basics were made it can go quick. Stay tuned for more soon.

Patch Notes Emp Playfield Generator
    • Added: Choose diferent folders
    • Added: Catch forbidden characters in playfield
    • Added: More validations
    • Started: Biomes.... this might still take a while

---

To get the free Emp Playfield Generator version just visit the website: http://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download
    There you can download + see the patch notes + ask for help + read the documentation