[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Spaceplayfield -> POI -> Type : U miss BA_Admin (Look to trading stations) BA_Alien is there

2. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx will look into it.

Gonna be a bit of a problem though, i guess. Just changed that lately to include the missing AsteroidVoxels:
    Before that fix, there were BA-Alien, ... (POI Types), but then not all the prefabs, so i changed that.

Atm i don't know if i can fix that easily. I'm in touch with the devs to hopefully get direct access to EPB file format to extract all kinds of information: Type, Name, GroupName, ...
    Asked them again about it last weekend, but got no info back yet. They're kind of stressed out atm with 6.0, as you can guess, so i won't bother them anymore for the time beeing.

Only if i get this information, i would be able to split prefabs into all kinds of necessary types/lists. As for now, the only option is to switch between GroupName and Filename. And not all prefabs have groupnames, and filenames don't work reliably in all fields. So there's alyways missing items for now. I can't even add them manually, as prefabs get reimported automatically on every start, so all manually added items will be deleted, if not found in groupname.

But i will try to create a workaround. :)

One workaround would be to create a prefab with groupname or filename set to 'BA_Alien' and store it in prefabs folder.

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Have done this for now and works :)

jmcburn likes this.
  4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.30.4)
    Hotfix

FIXES:

• fixed: Either only POITypes (BA_Alien, ...) OR Prefabs were selectable as Fixed POIs 'Type'. Please let me know, if there are still items missing now.

As this is also the first build after a huge merge from the 'Experimental branch' back to 'Master':
    Please check if something is broken now, that worked before in v1.30.3. There were some conflicts during the merge process, so there's a small chance, that an already fixed bug got back into this build.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0M25VdFgwX1lxVEU/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

5. Idrona

Idrona Ensign

Got a false positive from my F-Secure anti virus when using this (from EPD.exe), so I reported it to F-Secure support and it is now confirmed clean and added to all F-Secures databases as clean software. Keep up the good work , and thanks for doing it! :)

oojimaflip and jmcburn like this.
  6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thank you very much, It's unfortunately a common problem with code obfuscators like 'ConfuserEx', which i use. :)

/jmc

Idrona likes this.
  7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.30.7)
    Hotfix

FIXES:

• fixed: In all 'Position' properties you could only enter integer numbers instead of floats. Rotation should be the only 'x/y/z' property, where only ints are allowed.
    • fixed: removed 'unique' from FixedResources to allow multiple ores of same type on different locations on playfield.
    Had to change some code in the input validators, please look out for any bugs related to lists when adding new or editing existing items. If something comes up, let me know.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0YjhqTU1GbG45bkE/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hey,

Maybe an idea. A button to easy remove all those backup save files? =)

jmcburn likes this.
  9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx, good idea, was on my list already, forgot about it. :D

Taelyn likes this.
  10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Idrona and Taelyn like this.
  11. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

anyone know if Creature Spawning is broke...? My stuff refuses to spawn, like ever, no matter what I do my creatures never spawn.

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Hi,
    just tested and 'copied' Akua through EPD. Seems to work.

Did you follow those instructions and did you take into account, that all 'predators' only spawn after an initial timeperiod of 24h in-game hours?
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/empyrion-playfield-designer-v1-31-1.9789/page-13#post-123342

You can test with the 'ents' command to check if there are any creatures near you.

You can send me you playfield, if you want, i'll check it.

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  13. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.32.0) experimental
    with full Alpha 6 RC4 support

CHANGES:
    • refactored EPD and split up into dlls for future enhancements. No visual change, but please test, if something is broken now. Found some bugs and fixed them right away, but still possible, that i missed something.
      This remodelling of EPDs core code is necessary to develop EPD into a full fledged sector/orbit/playfield designer in the (hopefully near) future.
    • Added 'MapMarker' POI Property
    • removed 'Any' listitem from CreatureSpawning's BiomeList, as this might be causing problems on creature spawning. Not 100% sure yet, though.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0MEtTOGJNUUlLa3c/view?usp=sharing

Started work on the Sectormodule:
    Early pre-pre-alpha screenshot: Not much to see though yet. Just some imported sector.yaml into the zoom and pan map control :D

upload_2017-5-29_21-10-22.png

/jmc

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Alexandra, Idrona and Taelyn like this.
  14. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Need access :D

15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

sry, retry now. :D

Taelyn likes this.
  16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Idrona and Taelyn like this.
  17. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

- Added “mute” audio track to have possibility of a playfield without any background music

Isnt this not missing in your tool?

jmcburn likes this.
  18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Good point,

thought about it, but was'nt really sure about. There were some points about it, that made me hesitate to integrate it right away.

• Why not just leave out the property in first place?
    • Normally i get some info from the devs about it, if they change something, that concerns me and EPD, so i figured, i maybe misread the meaning of that line.
    • And it isn't listed in any of the original playfields.

But i will include it in next version anyway now, as i think, it can be only meant that way.

Thx,

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Taelyn likes this.
  20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Your a legend burnsy, invaluable info we planet builders thank you very much for.

jmcburn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.