Facet Starlight | Default Map | No Wipes | PvP+PvE | No offline Protection

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by IceEye, Feb 1, 2017.

1. IceEye

IceEye Ensign

Facet Starlight is a small server that offers a fun, fair PvP experience. Wipes will only ever happen on an as-needed bases. So feel free to build where ever you feel most comfortable. But i encourage you to build on PvP worlds and in PvP sectors, if too many people sit around on the PvE planets, we may tweak the rules. I have disabled offline protection, however In its place there is a certain policy to keep the server interesting.

IP At the bottom: Please at least read about our Return to Zero Policy.

In order to make sure PvP on Facet Starlight is fun and fair for everyone, we have a few rules that are very important.

The Return to Zero Policy:

The most important rule on Facet Starlight is the Return to Zero Policy. The rule is quite simple, it is absolutely forbidden to completely destroy any player or faction's base to absolutely nothing. More Elaborate explanation:

Raiding and looting players and factions is 100% permitted and encouraged. however, excessive destruction and greifing is not. If a structure is built in such a way that total destruction is the only way to loot it, then that's fine. Otherwise, only destroy what you need to get the loot. (Note: structures without cores do not decay on Facet Starlight) This rule is highly subjective and can be very situational but is also very simple, so here is an easy checklist to go though when you're raiding:

Is this good sportsmanship?

Will this person be able to survive on this planet after this?

Will they have any means to escape this planet other than a Fresh Start?

If the answer to any of those is no, than you are violating The Return to Zero Policy. The core of the policy is good sportmanship. Destroying everything someone owns isn't very fun, specifically when they are offline. It often results in players simply leaving the server rather than rebuilding and engaging in interesting faction wars. The Policy keeps the overall atmosphere friendly and fun rather than hostile and frustrating.

Rules (Bannable):
    • No hacks
    • No exploits
    • No greifing on PvE planets
    • No Ammo Draining turrets (ie kiting turrets around until they are out of ammo)
    • No spamming chat (this actually annoys me more than hacks and exploits)
    Other Rules (Discouraged, but not bannable)
    • Don't mine 100% of ore deposits, leave some for autominers. It helps you too, and if we run out we have to wipe.
    • Keep personal insults to a minimum
    • No excessive goading
    • Don't be annoying and immature (this is bannable in extreme cases)
    • Respect Admins

IP: FacetStarlight.com

Alternate: 70.72.44.226

Attached Files:

2. IceEye

IceEye Ensign

There is no password but it may prompt you for one, simply leave it blank and press OK.