Finally getting around to Greetings & Salutations from Our Grid!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Our Grid, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Greetings & Salutations from the Our Grid Server Community!

A couple of years ago, my long term online friends and I decided we had finally had enough of player “issues” ruining our game time. Most of us are adults with smaller windows of game time due to jobs, wives, kids and lives. We just couldn’t tolerate Paid subscriptions to games full of rude or cheating players; who would Pay to be annoyed? We switched to titles with standalone server options and have never looked back.

That was how our community was established and it has remained a fairly small group with cut and dry rules. Have Fun; don’t ruin someone else’s playtime, and rules of engagement are very strict (be they PvP, PvE, PvPvE, and Coop, etc.). Also, we have never had required play times, so our members could play when they were able and their position and cyber-goods in game were always secure.

We back things up, maintain a password, host our own voice comms, group up and play, laughing until we cry sometimes as we have a beer (or other preferred beverage as folk like us sometimes do). In the rare instance we draw a bad apple; we send it back to the barrel, forthwith. All in all, we have a nice time and have had occasion to play with some great people, in some cases for more than 20 years and counting! We play a few different titles as the available new or updated content lures us.

You will usually find me interested in the details of a game or dreaming up ideas that might be fun to pursue. I make an effort to help others and would like to have each person feel that interacting with me was a “value added” experience. My career in the geothermal power generation industry is technical and demanding, so the games give me a chance to “un-plug” from the, well, other “Grid” I guess, which is sort of how we came up with the name, because this is Our Grid!

[​IMG]