General Feedback

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 16, 2015.

1. instantrice

instantrice Ensign

I'd like a few minor changes made to make connecting to servers easier:

1. Support DNS names instead of only IP. I use DDNS to have a consistent hostname for my servers so my friends always connect to the same address to play games I host. Now they have to go to their recent list, connect through me/another friend, or ping the hostname to get the current IP.
    2. Add a -connect or -server startup parameter to automatically connect to a game server on launch.
    3. If I manually enter an address for a server, keep that info in the Connect field. Maybe convert to a drop down menu for the last 5-10 unique values I've entered.

2. SyraphX

SyraphX Lieutenant

After playing alot with a friend in the last couple days, here is my very important feedback.

Co-op need serious improvement. There is some very annoying issue right now.

1. Capital ship are terrible for multiplayer.
    Can't move the ship if people are inside, if they aren't using passenger seat, otherwise they get ejected. When using gravity generator, if the ship is moving, our feet should stay glued to the vessel. We should be able to move freely inside the ship even when it's moving. I know this is a technical challenge, but it should be one of the main focus right now for multi player.

2. Keeping track of avatar position when they go offline while being inside a capital ship. when logging out of the game, if we're in a capital ship, our avatar should follow the position inside the ship. Or use clone chamber / passenger seat. Nothing is worse than logging in and being left in space because your friend wanted to play the game and moved your capital vessel.

3. Niewitch

Niewitch Lieutenant

player list with B key should be disabled, and faction list online/offline status, that is used for attack purposes to spy if opponent faction members is offline,or how many there is online, that have been key strategy long time for everyone, and that is absolutely stupid, you should not know that kind of info, you should only see your faction and allied member status, in game observation should be the thing to plan strategies, not lists that show online status of opponent

Bigfeet and Gordholm like this.