General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

In SP, this is indeed the case... in MP, it's always a good idea to have a House/Base on a PvE Planet ya can always have as a Fallback Point if nothing else, to avoid getting completely defeated into outright full blown Game Over.

2. Bezerker

Bezerker Ensign

But why would you have a base for that? A CV can do the same and wont attract drone waves while your gone.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

1: CVs are what ya fly into PvP Zones in & what ya can potentially lose... 2: CVs are Fuel Hogs while Bases are Fuel Efficient, 3: In MP Play, Drone Bases tend to be quickly Raided, Looted, & Destroyed pronto. It's very rare for them to just be left there to continue harassing Planet Occupants. They're Player Prey for cryin out loud.

Bezerker likes this.
  4. Darksun

Darksun Ensign

I would dearly love the ability to disable the jetpack automatically turning off when it detects you are near a vessel.

It has proved a pain over the last few weeks so I was already short tempered with it and just now had it turn off like 8 times in 10 seconds while trying to build.

5. DeadSchism

DeadSchism Lieutenant

I do realize my graphics hardware is pretty low quality and I do expect some issues with that but it does maintain on average, 30-35 fps in "normal lighting conditions. It does drop to 25-30 on vessels with 40+ lights and even lower if those lights are 2.0 intensity or higher. My current graphics settings in game require no screenshot however lol. It's set to the lowest possible preset the game provides. My main concern is the microstutter that doesnt seem to be affecting graphics in any way. It will completely stop "proccessing" the game for .1-.2 seconds every 3-5 seconds and it gets incredibly annoying after a couple minutes of having smooth play then a stutter... then more smooth play and a stutter. I've been thinking about upgrading this PC but I'm still torn between getting an intel skylake core, or waiting to see this new architecture AMD comes out with and see if it lives up to the hype.

@Tyrax Lightning
    I was seriously considering getting that CPU when I built this but had to set aside some money for another problem that came up and it took the GPU right out of the equasion lol. Had to go cheap and get the APU version. I know the APU cost more than the CPU but it cost alot less than the then newly released R9 FuryX cards lol.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Ahh, budget concerns... thou art a heartless bastard.

Totally fair a reason. :)

7. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

@DeadSchism
    Does it "completely stop proccessing the game for .1-.2 seconds every 3-5 seconds" only when moving / flying or also when standing still?

8. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I agree. Why is there a brake keybind if the ship automatically applies the opposite thruster when you let off.

9. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

You can swim. Leave your hands empty.

10. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I've never had any issues with over turning; however, there is a turning speed difference between the keys and the mouse which I find annoying. Have you tried changing the scroll speed of your mouse? I find that I can't get the mouse to turn as fast or faster with the mouse so I have to use the arrow keys to turn quickly.

11. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I don't see anything wrong with constructors producing while you're offline or gone. The machines go through an automated process anyway when you are there. As long as they have fuel, materials, and a queue they should run. I think it would be nice to add a little RPG aspect to the game. Maybe add player skills. Once can be tech which gives the ability to repair devices which would break down over X amount of use.

12. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I think many of these things will come with time. Right now I think they are just getting things stable. Once the planets become more stable and things they will get bigger. There is actually a setting to make them bigger, but right now they say not to change it. I see people doing more and more different biome things on there own servers and custom planets so it probably more of a "make sure there's not quirks" before adding or making things bigger. The dynamic water would be nice. I've actually played around with a few custom bases where I can just dig under the water and I can breath because the water doesn't flow down in the hole. I agree completely so hopefully these are all issues that we may think are going to be addressed so it's good you bring it up in case they don't think about it.

13. Tyrax Lightning

I've long wondered the same.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  14. The_Mechanic

The_Mechanic Ensign

turn off your front thrusters and it will drift...............

15. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

but then you can't fire those thrusters to stop... I suspect the ships auto-stop so we can get out as there is a mechanic that prevents us from leaping from a moving ship. With proper inertia, we'd never be able to come to a complete stop.

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  16. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

but, but, but.... we already have a Brake keybind? I r terrible confuzzled, dafuq is this?

17. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

good point... does the brake key even work?

18. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

never tested it! :D lol

not sure if we can test it... have to turn off forward thrusters to drift, can't brake. Forward thrusters on and then releasing forward key would result in the same braking force being applied from the front thrusters, negating any effect of "Braking"

*smh*

19. Tyrax Lightning

I tried screwing around with the Keybind in a SP Creative Mode test & never saw it do a damn thing at all whatsoever as best as I could tell... this was in a Planet & I never tried disengaging Forward Thrusters though.

20. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

Ships do have inertia. When you notice the opposite thrusters fire when you let off the forward movement key so the ship stops. If you kill the power in space while still holding forward the ship will continue to go forward.