Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.

[READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - Gameplay FAQ
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for BUILDERS
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for MP & CUSTOMIZATION & SCENARIO

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:

- Issues with SCENARIO "Dawn of Galaxy": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-dawn-of-the-galaxy.12058/
    - Issues with SCENARIO "Invaders vs. Defenders": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-invaders-vs-defenders.12060/
    - Issues with TUTORIAL: http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-tutorial.12059/

-----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
  2. TNTBOY479

TNTBOY479 Lieutenant

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: Is on a private server
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, has some planets added

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Turrets
    Summary: Turrets shake around while driving

Description: When driving around the turrets keep shaking and spazzing to go back to idle positions even without anything to lock on to.
    Steps to Reproduce: Drive a vehicle with turrets on it.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Happens with all turrets ive tried. Will also still happen for a few seconds after turrets are turned off.
    Server also has Weapon Limit disabled.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. rucky

rucky Captain

Copied from Experimental 6.5:

Bug Report: Crash @incomplete structures still exists.
    Not as harsh as before, but it still crashes when in Devices Window and f.e. clicking on the yellow SOMETHING missing.
    The same red line as posted above still occurs in the console when this crash happens.

4. sl0p0ke64

sl0p0ke64 Ensign

I believe I found an issue, since when does an unpowered Thruster generate heat.

5. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

6. morticus195

morticus195 Ensign

Noticed after the update, Guns on my Cap ship Flap up and down like mad, also the T2 Drills on the HV no longer show any beams.
    Using the default Multiplayer, and the CAP ship is actually the Stock blueprint CV_Prefab_Tier3

7. Mestiff

Mestiff Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Crash

Type: Gamestart

Summary: Empyriondedicated Crash when launched ingame

Description: When the server should start, Empyriondedicated stop working immediatly. EAC is Off. Dedicated server seems to work when launched manually.

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you attach your log file to your report please ?

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

10. Hummel-o-War

Please also add the LOGfiles that read like "Client_AsPf_555547.log" . These are the "Coop Server" Logfiles and utmost important in this case! If you are unsure, zip and add the full logs folder

11. Mestiff

Mestiff Lieutenant

Here's the only Log files i have. I uninstall - reinstall the game before testing again.

Attached Files:

12. Hummel-o-War

Ok, i can not see a log for the COOP server, so it might have never started. Did you try the steps in the first post of this thread?

13. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

The only program on the computer that, and it works and no. Given that only games on the computer of about 50 pieces, think yourself in the computer business or still in the game. Prior to this editing and adaptation tormented, now I do not do anything, I wait, I do not know what kind of lever you turn and the game starts to run, but I do not change anything either, the magic probably. Until the last update, the game with anti-cheat did not start with a week, yesterday a new update was launched and again it stopped running. Deleted, reinstalled, administrator, in the antivirus exception, cache check, adaptation is the result of one, the game is started and works stably, BUT when starting with the antichite EAS gives an error and constantly to different addresses, in space engineers once such was about two years ago and decided For five minutes of adaptation, after that such problems no longer existed, not with space engineers with other programs. Please find what kind of magic lever you turn on that in itself starts to work. I'm waiting for when it works, space engineers on twisted that the game except as in a basket, does not deserve another, they have ruined and are being crushed to the end. Please do your game before do and DO NOT overdo it as well as space engineers.
    PS Turn on the tools for the capital ships on the planets, not when you do not understand what kind of nonsense, all technology shoots everywhere and capital ships can not, the planet and the host can be dug. It would be better to increase the weight of guns and blocks in dozens, and where hundreds of times that would require more engines for all vehicles for more guns. The range of guns, too, the base is obliged to shoot farthest from all, it is stationary and there is no recoil on the hull, then a capital one and, at the end, the hover and fighter planes do not have a stationary base, and at the shot the impact on the vehicle should be affected, in this case the range Flight of the projectile. Although it does not matter, just sort it out, Please what kind of anti-cheat EAS does not allow you to run the game, the files before it dropped

http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...violation-0xc0000005.11617/page-6#post-144927

14. Mestiff

Mestiff Lieutenant

Yup, i checked which files were in admin and only empyriondedicated is. I ask steam to verify the files and even after the uninstall-reinstall, no changes. I tried to deactivate the antivirus too but empyriondedicated just crash without having the time to open its window. Finaly a folder is created in the save/games folder with the name of the game (new_game, new_game0...) with the "dedicated" inside and nothing else.

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

I also had the same issue in windows 7-64bit ultimate & fixed it.
    Try this:

Go into your EGS directory here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Right click on EmpyrionDedicated.exe & in properties click on the compatibility tab.
    Un-tick 'Run as Admin' the click apply.
    Now delete all the exe's in that folder then in steam right click on empyrion in your game library & find the Verify cache option.
    Click that then after its done load the game up & try again starting a local coop game. You should be now prompted by windows to let the empyriondedicated.exe run as admin with a yes or no option.

If that doesn't work I would ask what is your UAC (user account control) set to in windows 7 ?

Like this pic click on it to enlarge:
    admin1.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  16. Udo

Udo Ensign

Hangadoor cuts through small/hover vessel.

I've tested this with different vessels.

[​IMG]

Jacoviz likes this.
  17. Patrick Stower

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: HWS EU

SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: (Always)

Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global )

Summary: When switching off Forward Thrusters the ship can no longer coast with no reduction of speed.

Description: A ship has always been able to coast to save fuel and do things. This has always been done by turning off the forward thrusters. Now the ship gradually slows down instead of maintaining a constant velocity. This facility can often be used to avoid enemy ships after a warp and during a battle.

Steps to Reproduce: Switch off forward thrusters when at any speed and the ship will no longer maintain the speed.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

18. Atola

Atola Commander

In space with my CV I could not reproduce.
    On planet I did notice in Alpah 6.4 that you slowed down when using a SV on a planet. Some resistance there due to air resistance is to be expected.

19. 68plex

68plex Captain

Apart from much improved climbing ability (Sweet!) I'm having a hard time seeing the handling improvements for the motorcycle. Every time I crest a hill, the bike spins out and faces backwards and coasts like that before I can regain control and turn it around. And when you're cutting laterally across a slope, the bike doesn't seem to want to turn to the downhill direction until after fighting it for a while. I don't feel that this is a straight up bug, so I skipped the template this time. But I wanted to bring attention to it, because the bike is still very ponderous to use.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also experienced the player walking animation while riding.

20. Atola

Atola Commander

The player walking animation seems to happen most when your moving while mounting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.