Good Ideas are not Perishable

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Blackhawk, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

That's the point really to get people to quit flaming my post with Ad Hominem Attacks and useless banter

2. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Um...let me guess. They're both clueless idiots who couldn't govern a damn bowl of jello? Wait...no that's something they have in common...(j/k lol)

[​IMG]

No seriously, I'd be careful with that political extremist crap here. That might work on uneducated audiences, but most of the forum-goers here seem to be tech-savvy intellectuals (if not programmers and engineers like myself).

I'm not sure which imaginary party you were trying to attack, but my guess is that it's a good way to get blocked by random people in the forums.

Tyrax Lightning and LiftPizzas like this.
  3. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Getting blocked does no harm to me whatsoever, by all means I'll make a tutorial instructing them how to do so. This discussion has degenerated into an argument and I'd rather see it stop through blocking than continue to blow up notifications

4. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I think this has probably gone far enough.

Tyrax Lightning and Ceabras like this.
  5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

All a load of rubbish you know guys.

Theres heaps of features in Empyrion that other games have, the entire argument is a load of garbage.

I have never seen any of the dves on skype ever shoot down a feature JUST because another game has it. Ever. Since day 1.

What I have seen is 5 developers at eleon openly discuss ALL of these features and whats possible and whats possible now or later and whats not possible and gauge the 20 or so plus closed testers with these things, we have seen many versions of features in the game that never made it to the game due to problems, like a conflict between SP and MP.

Alot of people have chimed into this thread for a bit of a gripe, get some wind off there chest sort of thing, some bugs are frustrating and no game will ever be a perfect fit for everyone, Empyrion though does share Alot of features with other games, and the devs will look at ANY feature people suggest, they have proven that over and over again, to the point of even using alot of players builds for the default core of the game.

6. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Well, I guess I respect your burnt bridges and scorched earth policy when it comes to arguments.

However, wouldn't that invalidate your original argument though? I mean, the only thing worse than having an idea shot down (in my mind at least) is not being able to voice it in the first place.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

I only like voicing my opinion to those who are open minded, not those who jump to Ad Hominem Attacks and Circular Logic Fallacies. Those who seek only to argue for the sake of wasting time clearly feel that trolling is the best course of action. Everything up until the Ad Hominem was fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.