Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nimmirraj, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Nimmirraj

Nimmirraj Ensign

Hello all. I'm Nimmirraj. I purchased this game during the Winter Sale 2015-2016 and clocked about 150 hours - recently I saw the update 5.0 and started playing again - clocked another 100 or so in the last 2 weeks. Currently I'm playing single player but may branch out to Multiplayer in the future.

Story time! Created a new SP game - I had just created a basic HV (No Armor) for faster travel to POIs. I had visited and dismantled several POIs and stored all the loot in cargo boxes and was going to travel to my initial base when I logged on again. When I logged on again, within 10 seconds my HV just exploded due to a drone sitting on my login location - I managed to survive the hit and kill the drone with my pistol, but when I looked at my HV I saw all my cargo boxes were just GONE - along with all the materials and salvaged goods. Just brutal - I love this game.

What was your "I love this game" moment?

2. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

My favorite was when I was streaming a trip to Ningues back when the game had just come out. My SV got nuked pretty hard (shooting through terrain bug), so I trekked across the planet surviving only on Pixie Stalks as I suffocated, then got the required parts, and trekked back. After all of that, I ended up having to trek back a 2nd time...

...and built a single thruster SV to fly home to Omicron. Was super hilarious because 1/2 the time I was in the crazy vision you get while dying, then flying home on one thruster. Had to shut the ship off to properly "land" near my home base. It was essentially Kerbal Space Program meets Empyrion.

Nimmirraj likes this.