GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

I like this ... ESPECIALLY #4.... Would be a rather "easy" implemtation, using the integrety view method we allready have o_O

have a button on mah mouse, that i coded to tick left-click 100 times when clicked.... Means, when i click that button, and hold "shift" at the same time.... I get bombarded with complaints from the constructor for being over burdened o_O .... joke...
    Using that mouse macro thing, REALLY helps, when making those large numbers :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've suggested it before & i'll suggest it again that maybe a new Control could be added to enable holding down Left Ctrl to Increment stuff in Units of 100, to go with the holding Left Shift to Increment in Units of 10 we already have.

Dull Spoon and Frigidman like this.
  3. Domo

Domo Ensign

I think it would be better if you could open you inventory with TAB and the consolo with ^ as default.
    You can change the keybindings yourself, but I still think it would be better if those were on default, since those are nowdays the comon-keys for those options.
    [/not very important]

4. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I wish the windows were movable on 3 x Double Wide displays (7680 X 1080) the UI is very uncomfortable.

5. Tyrax Lightning

I kinda like the sound of this.

Now that I think about it, Default Binds-wise, is the '`' Key busy? (I last remember this tending to be a Default Console Hotkey... though it's been a long time for me in this regard & my Memory may be rusty on it.)

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Default for console usually has always been the tilde key ~`

As for inventory, I never like the default games use (which is usually "i" which is on the other side of the fricken keyboard), so I usually bind it closer depending if the game has be use it a LOT or NOT. This game uses it a lot, so I made it my thumb-button on my mouse lol. TAB to me for inventory is awkward, I don't know of any game I have where tab was used for inventory ? Its usually something like for an in-game menu, interface menu for actions, a menu key, or a key to show scores.

7. Dull Spoon

Dull Spoon Lieutenant

Just purchased the game, and I've been enjoying it so far. The only thing in the GUI giving me problems was when my base was attacked at night. The drones started hitting me and the entire screen dimmed and suddenly it was extremely difficult to find the drones in the dark to return fire. Please remove the screen dimming when the player takes damage!

Oh and I really hate the lag on selecting tool belt items. Oh wait, I just had the rocket launcher selected, but now I'm going to use that healing pack - KABOOM! Oh right, the delay. Ugh.

Not sure if this goes under GUI or general game play, but can we remove clip reloads from tools like the Drill, Remove n Repair, etc, until the current clip is empty? It's real easy to sometimes mix up the Use key, like for picking up ore, and the reload key which dumps the current clip and replaces it with a fresh one. I've goofed and done this a couple of times. Early in the game when resources are tight, this mistake really hurts.

Gatt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Loden1111

Loden1111 Ensign

Getting from the cockpit view to the turret control interface is clunky. A single key enabling a jump to turret view and control would be preferable.

Thanks in advance!

9. Loden1111

Loden1111 Ensign

Removing from the build queue can be done by turning off the constructor and then right clicking the item. The number of items decreases incrementally.

10. Majkys93

Majkys93 Ensign

Unlocking Template from Tech Tree just by Double-Click on it!

Flermpick likes this.
  11. Necra

Necra Commander

If we could get the toolbar to be the primnary pickup point and inventory secondary it would make me happy. When im minging I usually play music and have a set goal in mind if im not already completly trying to empty a node. Even if I move my ore to my bar it still goes to my inventory or drops to the ground.

Flermpick likes this.
  12. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

After seeing another tutorial frustrated person in the german thread some thoughts on the tutorial:

- a good strategy might have been to say: hey we want a great way to introducing new players to the game so we do something like an internship for social scientist students and the like. After x month they have to gather data and present solutions to our goal. (of course we pay them propperly after a succesful steam sale because we're no pr**ks)

Currently the tutorial is - due to a lot work for a small team - outdated. And on the other side not very informative about the game. Its rather an introduction about key bulding elements and it goes like: "hey thers this thing, put it on the ground".

As seasoned gamer i remember textbooks. Then there were shorter manuals and today we have nothing and FAQ like: "hey the light is off? - then push the button where light switch is written on".
    This results in clueless people and lots of wrong ideas about game mechanics. I'm not saying everything was great or that manuals had always propper information eg harpoon textbooks or ikea - yikes! But at least one had the feeling companies tried to care for the customers in terms of providing information.

I think if u do a tutorial you have to care for it. And - when having the intention to build a great game - why not doing something innovative with the introduction? I also had to listen to people who think the techtree is a way of introducing game elements. Well if theres a stormy weekend i'll take my time to collect the threads where it doesnt seem to go like this and rub it into their faces.

Like in real life education and thinking about how people learn is a very underestimated topic. And from my experience with IT guys i have to say their thinking about it is way to technocratic. So if you dont have the time to do it get someone who can and if not, then why have a tut anyway. The current hing feels halfhearted and thats always a bad thing.

13. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

14. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

Firstn let us deactivate throttle decay in the options menu, so we don't have to ride the WASD keys.

15. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

Second, allow us an option to toggle group activation with the numbered keys. Maybe with a checkbox that sends the group to the next open slot.

That way we can easily turn off thrusters, turrets, gravity, etc quickly without having to navigate through menus which causes our ship to slow down because it disables the WASD keys, which can cause a serious loss of initiative in a combat situation.

16. phat420man

phat420man Ensign

or how about just an "autopilot" key that keeps forward momentum

17. Dull Spoon

Dull Spoon Lieutenant

Having a real problem lately with the mouse wheel not working with scroll bars in the inventory or constructor screens. I suspect it may even be a problem with Steam if the game's input events filter through it. There was a time when restarting the game WOULDN'T help, but restarting Steam WOULD, but now it's just completely broken. And you can't even click on the scrollbar itself, above or below the "handle" to make screen jump up /down a "page", because that's broken now too. You can only grab and drag the handle. This makes all inventory or constructor screens very tedious to use. I noticed I can still use the mousewheel on the hotbar, but that's about it.

18. Enigmius1

Enigmius1 Ensign

I have to repeat this because I feel it's not only necessary, but seems like a fairly straightforward feature to add, and that's allowing us to add items to constructor queues 100 at a time. With Alpha 4.0, the auto-miners, and the increased material requirements for a lot of blocks, queuing things like ore -> ingots/powder, rock dust -> concrete, and oft-used building materials 10 at a time is just not going to work anymore. I had 8.5 stacks of promethium ore from my last mining excursion and had to click close to 900 times to queue it all up for processing. I've been typing and using a mouse for many years and I don't have issues with fatigue/strain while doing anything except queuing stuff in Empyrion.

Really need to see this feature implemented with a certain urgency because the tasks have simply outgrown the UI. Please and thank you :D

19. Tyrax Lightning

Here here. It really is among the biggest fun killers currently in the game. :(

20. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Yes we need a "repeat x times" and a "repeat forever" button, also"autosort"