GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. City Builder

City Builder Ensign

would like the ability to mocve items from a storage container directly to my hotbar, like when holding left shift and clicking it moves it to my personal inventory, maybe holding left ctrl and clicking could move it to my hotbar (assuming there is an open slot).

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Tools, Weapons & Such (Motorcycles) Should Go Into First Empty Hotbar Slot!

OK, after picking up my Motorcycles for the 40th time, and having to then open Inventory, shift click again to the Hotbar, I'm convinced this needs to change.

Also, after having your butt shot off by drones, when you're on the run to pick up your effects, and you finally get your pack (with gun and ammo),

That Gun Should Land On The Hotbar!

OK I'm done. ;-)

3. OzGoober

OzGoober Ensign

^^ Pick Up Things! Goto Hotbar! Please!

Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Zedd

Zedd Captain

For flying, an Attitude Indicator and Inclinometer would be awesome!

Also an Altimeter would be nice, but measured from the bottom of the ship, not the core or wherever diatances are measured from currently.

Keep up the great work guys! :D

medicineman, Lhetre, Paffy and 3 others like this.
  5. DuLux

DuLux Captain

It would be wonderful if you added a mappable keyboard shortcut for this button. For example, its brutal to loot the Skillon MK2 fort and of course do many other things.
    And also please add a kb shortcut so I can dump my inventory (minus hotbar) into a cargo box.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  6. Paffy

Paffy Ensign

Looks
    - Looks kinda 90's. Make it modern, sleek, flat and all-white!

Functionality
    - Ability to use keyboard 1-9 keys while hovering an item in the inventory to put it in that slot.
    - Ability to click'n'drag items in inventories/containers with a single click.
    - This is a stretch, but: ability to save inventory sets and switch between them. (Think 1 for building, another for combat).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

- return button on the top left hand corner is too far away, Esc should go the the last inventory screen, not exit the inventory completely ;
    - need a button to send the whole inventory to a container, need also a way to select some items inside the inventory that will stay in the inventory (greyed up, to show they have been selected), e.g. ammo that I need, digging tool I need only from time to time but I keep in my inventory ;
    - bug : if you move even so slightly the mouse while accessing an inventory, the inventory closes ;
    - jetpack should be ON when I load a game ;
    - automatically zoom out when entering a wehicle, and zoom in when you come out of the vehicle (I died a number of times because movement and visibility are so different between these two modes), keep the zoom in/out possibility for both though ;
    - motorcycle should go into the hotbar (motorcycle should be replaced with anything more sci-fi) ;
    - retrieving your stuff after dying should go into the hotbar as it was before dying (this would be really nice to have) ;

Zedd, rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Digitalbean

Digitalbean Ensign

This might have been posted already, but how about using the spacebar to toggle activate in control panel? When I land my CV, I always deactivate the thrusters group and have to re-enable when go to take off. That in itself isn't a problem, but using the spacebar seems like a logical shortcut.

9. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Please tell me you're not talking about the "Windows 8/10" / "Made for Mobile" kind of modern where everything is a flat solid-color rectangle, because that kind of trash is an unholy visual holocaust, an affront to retinas the world over, and whoever decided that was going to be a defining style for the present decade needs to be bound to a stake with razor wire and publicly incinerated.

I'm not joking.
    [​IMG]
    fills me with inconsolable rage, and it has no place on anything with a screen larger than "pocket-sized."

ion_storm, Aurex, Lhetre and 3 others like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Default Function for Spacebar is "Rise Up"... what will ya Rise Up with if your Suggestion is Implemented...? o_O

Amen.

11. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

*shudders*
    Dude, you didn't have to corrupt the forums with that trash! :D

ion_storm, Kieve, Lhetre and 2 others like this.
  12. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

just tossing this out there, not even sure if I like the idea, but what if pressing the space bar with disabled bottom thrusters did in fact bring up the control panel highlighting the fact that the function you just activated won't work and why... like a quick message that says "Hey dummy, you can't rise up because the downward thrusters are disabled." Maybe even an option to enable them with one click.

Zedd, Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Zedd

Zedd Captain

All of this plus:
    - My SV should remember which weapon I was using, not reset back to Rocket Launcher every time I get back in *cries and tears out hair after firing rockets at drones for the billionth time*
    - I should be able to refill my O2 whilst in SV/HV cockpit via Control Panel, not need to get out and use the O2 station manually.
    - Control Panel autogroup should number Ammo Boxes, Fuel Tanks and Oxygen Tanks, e.g. if you have 15 x O2 tanks it should number them 1-15. If possible CP should show which ones are empty and which not.
    - CP autogroup should group Thrusters into two groups 'Thrusters' and 'Front Thrusters' to save everyone a ton of time regrouping them.
    - Waypoints are awesome, can we please have more! At the very least, waypoints to Autominers.
    - Bug: When opening F2 menu while inside another menu, you can't Shift click stuff into the Factory, you need to close and reopen F2 window for the functionality to be restored.
    - When accessing a turret via the CP, the CP does not close automatically!!!
    - CP should have option to command all turrets with less than X% ammo to reload, with X chosen by the player...10%, 25% and 50% would be good options imo.

Thanks! :D

Edit: Can't believe I forgot this - Inventory sort, Constructor sort and Cargo box sort!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

It'd be great to have a way to zoom in on the surrounding while piloting a craft. No need to attach the system to weapons fire (though that would be great too!), just let me see a telescoped area near the reticle. I wouldn't mind including a device in the craft design.

15. Loki_McNeil

Loki_McNeil Ensign

I do not like it. Flat designs are notoriously difficult to get right on Facebook like games, websites and static displays, now you have tried to add it to a display which in combat changes not only from looking at the ground to the sky, but object to object. It interferes with the ease by which one identifies the information, worse yet the new icons do not properly identify their use or their progress status.

The 5.5 GUI was superior in every respect to the current one. Also you should never hid information statuses like the time of day above the mini map or other large displays. Not unless you put a properly dark or light backdrop behind them and the opposite spectrum data. For example placing the time of day into the top of the screen above the mini map, using the surrounding screen or hud color as the type color, makes the game harder to play in a bad way. This type of information should be bright blue as it was, and set apart by half the length of the text itself from the surrounding graphics. At present, I forget that the time of day display exist, and thus have been caught off guard as day turns to night.

Further, the smaller icons you have, do not display themselves well enough, and when not active, should be totally invisible. Either the jump jet is on (seen) or it is off (unseen) and when active, it should have a status bar as long as the health and other bars, as this made usingnit more precise without staring at its tinny icon.

Apple, Microsoft and other designers aren't listening to users who have stated clearly this dissatisfaction with the flat design. I have yet to meet in person, non-apple, Microsoft or company fanatics who like the flat design. Are there times that it is more useful? Yes. But games like this one should not use the flat design, it doesn't look futuristic, it looks cheesy.

If you are dead set on going down this road, I ask that you give us the tools to create or alter the UI, as to restore graphical superiority to the game, and you can even make it a workshop element which we can play with.

ion_storm, Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I will beg to differ on that opinion.

However do not take my conflicting view as being a fanboi of the new UI.

17. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I appreciate being able to actually see the icons. They are simpler, larger, and clearer. Not a fan of the bottom location, but it's better than being too small and too muddy.

18. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Why does the interface with the map and inventory make it so I cant use the keyboard anymore? It's really lame hitting the map and then turning my ship a little bit and then hitting the map again to make sure I'm on course. Only to have to check it again because the map doesn't seem totally accurate to where I am heading all the time.

Anyway, the GUI isn't very good. Frankly it feels like a console game and it always has. You guys can do way better.

Tyrax Lightning, Kieve and ion_storm like this.
  19. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

This "smartphone" type interface is so-o hated worldwide...
    I just don't get it, why everybody still tries to push it so hard...

20. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Check REGISTRY (a page in the invetory) - you can make waypoints (to your own stuff atleast, not sure if all). Helps a lot with navigating so you don't need map.