GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Amen to that brother, I am with you 110%. I have Aspergers + ADD/ADHD.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Wow, i'm not real different. For me it's Asperger + OCD & Mom had wondered before if I had ADD for awhile till it turned out to be OCD instead. Though, my Focus & Concentration abilities can be considered unreliable quality at best...

For the Topic: Any hope of sooner rather then later ability to choose the order our Vehicle stuff in the Vehicle Hotbar can be Re-Sorted into? :) (Example, if we could decide if we have HV Vehicle Hotbar Slot 1 containing our Mining Drills, or our Gatling Guns...)

3. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I love the Custom power feature!

[​IMG]

At first, I didn't like this new interface much... it was just too different. Unlike most people, it took UNTIL TODAY for me to try this feature........ I didn't even know what this was until now.
    [​IMG]

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. wizzlepig

wizzlepig Ensign

I am not sure where to put this in the feedback section, but the way save games work is really awful. Everyone is doing all kinds of file-backup to work around it. If I save a game at 1:01pm, and then load it, the save disappears. That's just plain terrible. Alternately, I can make a ton of extra saves and also work around it. Still bad. Is there a reason save games are implemented this way?

Mortlath, Atola and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Atola

Atola Commander

I had to quit EVE because of the endless clicking. I LOVE that game. I just couldn't play it anymore. It physically HURT me to play the game.
    The endless HOLD down a button to go forward is WAY better than endless clicking. BUT it still is not good for my hand. I did a gathering run yesterday picking plants and I had to quit that activity.

PLEASE CONSIDER BODY MECHANICS IN YOUR GAME DESIGN!

Because its easy and common to implement a constant forward moment option I can only imagine that it is not implemented because of some esoteric reasons. Why don't you publish those reasons and we can come up with cleaver solutions for the issues RATHER THAN PHYSICALLY HURTING ME.

6. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

On your ship, place the forward thrusters into a separate group. If you are going to fly in space for a while, you can turn them off, then just coast. You can take your hands off the kbd, sip coffee, watch TV, and coast. You can also bring up the map, or do other chores in game, all the while coasting towards your objective.

DuLux and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

8. Atola

Atola Commander

As of the last patch, this does not work anymore.
    In any case it only solves 10% of the time i need it.

9. Atola

Atola Commander

That looks really interesting, but i stand or walk 90% of the time i'm playing. If i still sat most of the time I think Id give it a try.

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It is really tough, you can literally sit or walk on it. I had one I used on a job, it's made of heavy duty 5 mm plastic resin and there is a 4 mm steel bar in it to prevent any kind of bending or torsion.

11. vxsote

vxsote Commander

The difference of the icon in inventory between 130mm (standard) and 135mm (homing) missiles is too subtle. I've grabbed the wrong missile a few times (and I'm not colorblind - it might be worse for those who are) and always have to double check I'm getting the right thing. I suggest at least a more obvious color difference (an orange stripe, perhaps?) and possibly a shape difference or other symbology on the icon.

oojimaflip and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Excellent! Finally I solution to one of my problems!

13. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I wish! Now it seems that this ability is broken in the latest release. Let's hope they get it back working soon.

14. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

While not strictly game UI related, I do wonder why EGS minimises when I ALT TAB to another application (I run it "full screen window mode"

If you think in terms of youtubers / streamers and even us normies with two screens who may need to respond to something while keeping the game running, it would be great if EGS did not minimise.

15. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

for incase you guys missed it you can now switch off autobrake and coast even without switching the thrusters off

16. Yama

Yama Lieutenant

IMO if a HV is equipped with a harvesting box you should see its contents on the front page of the control panel.
    Also, I'd really like to be able to hotkey both the basic functions and the custom ones while in the cockpit.

17. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Sort button PLZ!

18. wagfeliz

wagfeliz Commander

It should copy some ideas from space engineers and other games UI, like :
    * ctrl+click = move 10 itens ( implemented ), shift+click = move 100 itens, ctrl+shift+clock = move 1000 itens.
    * stack button : ex you have 100 iron in one spot and 50 in another, you click on this btn it stacks all in 150 iron.
    * trash button should be in another place, I trashed an armor item once because I was in a worry and didnt notice I trown the item in the wrong box.

19. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

First suggestion already exists ;)

20. wagfeliz

wagfeliz Commander

What do you mean ???
    About the first suggestion, only the ctrl+click = 10 exists, there is no 100 or 1000 or all feature.