[Guide] Mergestructs, Setposition, Setrotation

Discussion in 'Knowledge & Info' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Maloverci

Maloverci Commander

have u tried to rotate it with the command setrotation ID y and then + or - and the degree ... like setrotation ID y-1 then it will rotate 1 degree

2. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Ensign

I did, but that only works with the y. If I try setrotation ID z-180 or any other number it just sets it all to 0. using setrotation 0,0,180 works in that it puts it how I want it, but the moment I try mergestructs ID ID it puts it back to the 0,0,0 rotation.

3. Maloverci

Maloverci Commander

Yes u can only Rotate in the y.
    If u use wrong commands it will set the structure to 0,0,0
    The best way is first to mergestructs id id ( this command will bring the structure to 90 degree postion to the motherstructure, then rotate und set the position.
    At last mergestructs id id -ex (this command only combines the structure to one)

4. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Ensign

I was realllly hoping that would work. I tried to rotate it after doing the first mergstruct, and when I did the final merge -ex it did stay on the bottom but it looks like all the blocks exploded or turned inside out

5. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Yeap, I can confirm, mergestructs borks stuff when you use Z axis rotations.
    I have reported the issue a few times, and will continue to report everytime a new version drops and it isn't fixed.
    We might be waiting a while....

6. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I think it would be easier to just give us a tool that we can use to easily move a construct. Something similar to the multitool rotate feature. Point the tool at the entity and click. It goes in to an edit mode that has either a wire frame or translucent image similar to building blocks before they are placed. You can then use your mouse wheel to rotate in either direction along with being able to move the object and change it's height.

7. Faith

Faith Captain

I have a question: Is there a possibility to change the center of a structure, from who the blocks to its max reach are counted?

Explanation: i did a pretty large scale spacestation with nearly maximized size (kinda 240x126x240 blocks) in singleplayer creative mode.
    To get some help, i took the blueprint and spawned it on a creative server to work on it with my friends.
    And there it was, the center changed! At one side i can built 5 more blocks, but these are missing on the other side, so that i can't finish blocks that are already there. ( i can add some pictures too, if necessary)

Would be nice to know if it is possible, and what made it change in the first place.
    I mean for SV and CV its kinda usefull, but for bases?

8. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

It's broken. I don't know the numbers 'cause I've never tested it myself, but once you get over a certain size blueprints start to spawn rather oddly.
    What has probably happened to your spacestation is those 5 or so blocks have been removed from one side and rudely reassembled on the other side. It's annoying. It's stopped me from building anything larger than about 200 blocks wide/long and 150 blocks high. Worse with bases but CVs can be problematic at max size.
    TL;DR sorry, but your spacestation is broken, the blueprint is broken and AFAIK the only way to fix it is to shrink the design and re-blueprint.:(

9. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I really wish 2 things for this command as it has a lot of potential:
    1) The ability to use it in space (you can't do the -ex final part)
    2) The ability to use mergestructs for CV cores (currently I use BA cores, mergestructs them together, then switch it to a CV core, but that's just a hassle that most ppl don't even know how to do)

10. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

I wish humble would make a admin guide with all this in it

11. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

So still only for bases?

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Maybe this topic is outdated soon... have a look a the latest news with Alpha 7.0 teaser info ;-)

SilvRav likes this.
  13. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

But i need it NOW ;) or maybe give us the release date then i can delay our CV combat this weekend :p

14. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

It's still not outdated even with the new creative changes. We need a way to merge multiple CV blueprints together in space.
    1) Make mergestructs usable on CVs
    2) Make mergestructs work in space

Still waiting a month later...

Thundercraft and oojimaflip like this.
  15. Tyrantinlk

Tyrantinlk Ensign

I cannot get it to work! Keeps sayin no structure with "ID" found.

EDIT: Ok, Helpful tip for thoes that don't know how to get the ID of the structure. Press th " ` " key then type di. once you have doen that it will pop up a window in game. go to the structure and it will tell you the ID of the structure in that window!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Old thread, I know, but I have a serious question that puzzles me and many other players. I did a little research regarding altering ship default orientation and it seems to be a problem for many, including me, that can not be solved by means of replacing blocks or using the commands mentioned here. The ship's default orientation is the one showing during spawn, while it is shown inside the spawn box and can not be altered, ie by the use of some kind of rotation like we can do with the deco blocks for example.

Is there going to be a way to change that in the future? What are the plans of EGS regarding this issue?

17. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I'm keen on using this as I would like to build the control-tower/cockpit of a ship, separately create the body and separate from that create the essential guts of the machine.
    However its only for bases. I wonder if there's any plan to extend this power to building ships. For design-dysfunctional people like me it would be very helpful.

I always end up with an ugly mess since in order to make small changes, you have to remove so many blocks to accomodate the change.

18. lastbravehart

lastbravehart Ensign

I and am sure many other players find this difficult to do.
    Would it be possible to achieve this automatically by creating a certain block lets call it a merge block. You attach this to the area you want the buildings to align and when you move the blueprint your spawning close to it, it automatically attaches. this would also allow it to be carried out in Multiplayer because it cant be messed up & it can even have a setting or limit to how many items can be merged on a multiplayer server.

19. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Does this no longer work at all?? I got an error then a quit and mail. I tried it in orbit with 2 base starters and a few cubes.

After I closed the window, it tossed me out with a quit and mail.

error.jpg

Gamers Cafe likes this.
  20. Gamers Cafe

Gamers Cafe Ensign

`
    I am getting the same thing when i try and join structures in Alpha 12 as well.. I have used this command so many times on streams before and it has always worked, but can't get it working in A12.

*** Update When i close the program and came back the next day it seems to have joined even though it claims to have failed when i originally typed the message, try closing the program and relogging.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Germanicus likes this.