Hello From Earth - Well, NY At Least

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CobraWolf, Sep 13, 2016.

1. CobraWolf

CobraWolf Ensign

Hello all! Yes, I am a Geek! Have been for quite some time. Birth, I believe.

Anyway - wanted to drop here, say heya. Kind of a courtesy thing. Who am I you ask? (Even if you didn't, here it comes)

I am a dad - 3 younglings, 8 and under. Husband - over 11 years. I work in IT currently as a Consultant, specializing it servers, storage and networking. I game. Across all platforms and genres. I listen to music - same as gaming, across all genres. I like peanut butter, Pepsi and pizza. I can be found on all sorts of social media, which I'll drop in my profile.

As for Empyrion - well, I was GOING to pick up No Man's Sky - I was deterred by a good buddy who pre-ordered it on Steam, played it for 3 days, and went back to something else. He recommended this - and here I is. And 3 copies I spread around as well. I think this game has TONS of potential, and I really like what I see so far. In any ways I can contribute, be it here on the forums, reporting bugs as detailed as possible, or just being stupidly creative and uploading wacky content to the Workshop - I will do what I can. Yes, I run a small dedicated server. It's currently private, but that may change.

So, that's it in a nut shell. I leave anything out - let's see...gaming, music, food, family...yep. That's all I've got for now. Look forward to virtually talking with as many of you all as possible.

-Cobra (Dave)

Nookriot and Krenios like this.
  2. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Welcome Cobra !

3. Automated

Automated Lieutenant

Nice intro Dave. I too fall into the married with kids category. I'm glad us older guys *cough over 40 here cough* still love gaming. I'm now raising 2 young gamers to follow in my footsteps..although they prefer playing minecraft or FPS shooters (insert CS:GO). I'm trying to get them to join me in Empyrion though. Maybe one day Dad will be cool enough to game with!

4. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

I'm not sure we will ever be cool enough! and I recongnise the family and age description (although over I only just scrape into the 40 something club for a couple more months....!