Hi To All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by leo1954au, Feb 14, 2017.

1. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

been playing empyrion for about 3 weeks now and love the game I even got it to run using my oculus rift and a program called Tridef 3D game looks great in 3D, The only thing that seemed strange to me was the concrete blocks have more HP 600 to steel 500 but anyway as I said love the game

2. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, thats why I start building all my bases with concrete (and usually don't bother to upgrade them later on). And I don't mind because that way I don't have to use any iron on my bases that I could be using on my ships.

Welcome aboard, been playing month and a half now with 280+ hours - and still brimming with ideas that needs to be built and stuff that needs to be done and places that need to be explored. Doing all that in 3D sounds awesome too!

3. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Yes I built my base with the concrete block too.

4. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Dang it Leo! I'm trying to wait to get a 3D rig so I can see where it's going. now I'm all tempted again.

I can resist anything, except temptation.

Concrete is a by-product of all mining, so we end up hip deep in rock dust after a while. I consider concrete to be a pest, it's free! And yeah, absolutely the default building material.

5. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

@leo1954au - Welcome to the game... and all it's strangeness.

6. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Ballard don't be confused with 3D and VR, 3D looks great but VR is another level

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Ah, if only I could see in 3d.

Oh and welcome!

Concrete is tougher than basic steel on purpose. Think of steel blocks as mostly hollow. Its just paneling... and basic steel is pretty flimsy. Armored, and Combat steels are much MUCH more tougher though than concrete.

Just dont use wood as the shell of your base lol!

8. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I'm just laughing here. In an early game I found that wood is so easy to make. I put a base together using wood blocks. Then a drone showed up. I got it pretty quickly with my pistol, but half my base was shot away, including my large constructor.

I now have prerequisites to building my base: Concrete, cannon defenses, and an assault rifle. Plus its no rush making your first base, it is better to scout around until you find a good spot.