[HINT] "Copyright" of Workshop Blueprints

Discussion in 'Knowledge & Info' started by Dead8Eye, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

You guys are making me sad, nobody has "stolen" on of my blueprints. :(

(But I did catch someone upload 2 modification to Nuke's "Zip" W/O crediting him for it.)

On subject, what is your opinion about when you try contacting the original author, asking for permission to upload a blueprint. But get no response and the author has not uploaded anything to the workshop since March 10th?

I upgraded a pre-apha blueprint of a classic hover vessel, but have not been able to get a response from the original author.

2. Gray

Gray Commander

personally I think if he specifically doesn't want you to, I wouldn't. for anything else "credit where credit's due" - so if you update someone else's work just give the original creator clearly visible the credit in the description. I don't see much of an issue with that imho.

3. Flix

Flix Lieutenant

Does anyone know who to give credit to for the Titan crashed on the moon? I rebuilt that thing and would like to post it on the workshop and give credit to whoever designed the original for the POI.

4. Gray

Gray Commander

Eleon, it was either done by one of the empyrion devs or contributed by another user (which means copyright etc. belong to eleon in that case).

just name it appropriately (already too many titans in the workshop :p. plus there are two different versions of the wreck ingame - the one with MS Titan on the Hull is V2) and point out in the description: "restored titan of the wreck ingame, all credits belong to the original creator(s)" or sth. - at least that's what I'm gonna do if I ever manage to make the passenger retrofit of the tier1 starter SV public.

5. DeadDigger

DeadDigger Lieutenant

You dont think multinational enough, as example there is no creative commons in Germany as fa as i know Eleon game studios is situated in Mannheim germany sooo yeah basically false legislation i guess

6. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I would add a line naming the original author and link to his entry in the workshop. Then I would also add something like "Dude, I contacted you, you didn't respond, if you object, just tell me, I will take it down asap." (well maybe word it a little more sophiticated) In my eyes total transparency is the best. You tell what you thought and why you decided to do what you did, offer to take it down if he objects.

7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I commented on the original items page, and included a link to the original in the description I posted.
    If he contacts me, I will take it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.