Hover Vessels

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That is just ... insane! :eek: Great work!

Ehta likes this.
  2. Mysh

Mysh Captain

Triblade, Desus, Aurex and 3 others like this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Polaris Space Industries PHT-5 "Stingray"

Stingray is fast and agile light assault hover tank. Armed with two fixed and two turret mounted gatling guns for close encounters - and a heavy artillery turret for long range, more armoured targets.

While not designed for prolonged firefights, Stingray is still able to withstand light weapon fire with ease.

Stingray is able to traverse any terrain with ease and has excellent maneuverability and jump capability.

Also available as a more budget friendly option without the artillery turret.

Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849752581
    Steam Workshop (no turret version) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849752683

[​IMG]
    Stingray has lots of thruster power and responsive controls so its able to move at a swift pace no matter how rugged the terrain.

[​IMG]
    Armed with artillery cannon, two minigun turrets and two fixed gatling guns - Stingray is able to fight against most opponents. And trees! Gatling guns are excellent at clearing a path.

[​IMG]
    Inside are the vital equipments and still some room for more if the customer so chooses. For example passenger seats or mobile constructor can easily be fitted.

4. Ehta

Ehta Commander

Alrighty boys (and a lady), I've made a smaller version of my Behemoth to make it actually almost buildable in survival. This time I tried to make it look and behave like proper front end loader, so without further ado I'll present you:

"Pillari" front end loader / bull dozer mix

This is what you need when you want to go from "here" to "there" and there's a mountain in between, or huge forest, or some poor chap on a loincloth! Huge blade on the front with all the devices for drilling & killing will take you there! Cockpit sits comfortably between armored sides and front blade so there's little to no need to worry about natives while you harvest anything valuable from the planet!

[​IMG]

Download link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850408332

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FiveHorse, Siege Inc. and rainyday like this.
  5. Cute_Demon

Cute_Demon Commander

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Siege Inc. likes this.
  6. Werekoala

Werekoala Ensign

Any fans of the old OGRE/GEV games might recognize this; a GEV (transport version).

[​IMG]

Aurex, Siege Inc. and rainyday like this.
  7. Werekoala

Werekoala Ensign

Combat variant with a bit more punch and no passenger seats.

Each model has a full suite of gear for field operations - o2 station, fridge, cargo and ammo boxes, and a constructor.

[​IMG]

Siege Inc. likes this.
  8. Werekoala

Werekoala Ensign

For those pesky bases - a Bulldog Main Battle Tank. Arty, two mini-gun turrets, and forward firing miniguns. [​IMG]

Aurex likes this.
  9. Werekoala

Werekoala Ensign

And finally - because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm trying to make an Ogre. Yes, it's a HV, and yes - so far at least - seems to work and be a legal design.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

rainyday likes this.
  10. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Just uploaded my first workshop submission.

I call it the Armadillo. A small HV meant for harvesting meteors and ore nodes.
    It is loaded with a constructor, front firing gatling gun to take out predators, 2 full harvest containers, 2 small normal containers, fridge to store meats, 4 fuel tanks, 2 air tanks, and more!

I also made a CV transport to accompany the Armadillo. I will refine it and most likely put it on the workshop as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861837277

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    frank walls and Siege Inc. like this.
  11. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864370779

HV-01 Omni-Tank

Designed to use resources that are readily available and/or easy to aquire, the Omni-tank comes standard with all necesary survival equipment (mobile constructor, O2 station*, 2 ammunition boxes, 2 cargo bays) plus three Gatling Guns.

Basic fuel tanks for cheaper/sooner availablity.

Plenty of room to fit 3 turrets of personal choice**.

* Oxygen Station accessed thru a shutter door on the bottom of the tank at the rear. All others thru the control panel.
    ** turrents not included.

Omnitank1.jpg Omnitank2.jpg Omnitank3.jpg

My first entry into the hovercraft turned out a LOT better than I expected.

I wanted a forest-based camo paint job, current colors are the closest I could come to that.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  12. frank walls

frank walls Commander

Just joined, and figured I'd share some of my builds on here. I'll have to post up the blueprints later, but for now here's a link to my Steam Workshop.

[​IMG]
    This is the Centurion Heavy Assault HV. Lots of firepower and layers of hardened steel. 12 RCS modules are required to make this guy manueverable. This version has a digital camo paint job. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862321049

13. Bezerker

Bezerker Ensign

Before the turret and drill update in 5.3 I uploaded a HV to the workshop that I used to tunnel into bases and mine ore with but felt it was somewhat limited in use. Now that patch 5.3 hit I did a revamp of the design and had a lot of fun building and testing this thing.
    I know its not the most fancy design out there but it is extremely functional.

Note to the Dev's: I need armored light blocks as mine tend to get shot off every time I go raid a base.

The Honey Badger MK3
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864636916

20170215183449_1.jpg 20170215183613_1.jpg 20170215183638_1.jpg 20170215183538_1.jpg 20170215183720_1.jpg 20170215183819_1.jpg 20170215184103_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Aurex likes this.
  14. frank walls

frank walls Commander

Here's another HV I built the other day. After passing a few trucks on the freeway I thought it would be cool to make a cargo truck version of an HV. So if you ever wanted to be a sci-fi truck driver here's your chance! Also, while test driving this I thought it would be cool if these were AI controlled, filled with loot, and traveled back and forth between alien POI's. Then they could be raided and looted by players.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863169113

15. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

What, i never posted in the hover thread ?
    Time to do so.

5.4_2017-02-21_15-35-09.png

1. Magnamon : Starter HV normal steel
    2. Drillomon : 1 of 2 versions (normal - hardened) A driller HV hardened steel
    3. Solomon : Single manned hardened steel attack HV
    4. Gorgomon : Multi manned (3 max) hardened steel attack HV

workshop : http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=701939799

Aurex, Banquo, Siege Inc. and 4 others like this.
  16. Banquo

Banquo Commander

The Mole

This is my first crack at a mining vehicle. It's weighted extra in the front just enough so that if you lower the hover height to >1m and tilt the mouse, you can dig down pretty easily. It's also just the right size to fit the Cheyenne XXV CV's Smaller HV hangar! ( You can see the rear of the CV in the bottom picture)

Front NewGame_2017-02-28_05-13-05.png
    Back
    NewGame_2017-02-28_05-13-24.png

Attached Files:

Aurex and rainyday like this.
  17. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Great looking miner!

18. Banquo

Banquo Commander

Aw, shucks! Thanks!

19. Desus

Desus Lieutenant

Nice, I like the camo a lot and it reminds me a lot of the Space Marines Land Raider from Warhammer 40k. Paint it blue give it the Ultra Marines Logo and PURGE THAT XENOS!!!
    Nice, I like the camo a lot and it reminds me a of a Space Marines Land Raider from Warhammer 40k. Paint it blue give it the Ultra Marines Logo and go kill some Xenos:).

20. Desus

Desus Lieutenant

Interesting it some how postet what I deleted xD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.