Hover Vessels

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

The irony is that the first version I playtested was 1/3 bigger with 8 furnaces.

ETA: Devs, we REALLY need the hard turret limits addressed.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I think it is almost impossible to exceed 16 m/s^2 in all 4 directions whatever the configurations I try, with artillery and a few weapons... The new "atmospheric" thruster added to the HV is quite useless given its size and weight / performance ratio. Even "shaving" on a lot of weapons and devices, I will not get good performances out of HVs. Serious let down.

4. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

Spacemoth.
    Based on Seamoth from Subnautica and designed to be quickly avaliable as fast means of transport on planets at start and be useful enough through modifications and upgrades later. That is why it has basically no devices except engines and oxygen and is avaliable at level 3 with 10 minute build time and minimal resources.

20170710121342_1.jpg 20170710121459_1.jpg 20170710121403_1.jpg

You can manually add upgrades later as needed, and it is designed to have obvious spots for such to more easily upgrade it.

20170710121442_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    ldog, Tyrax Lightning, rucky and 5 others like this.
  6. Trig

Trig Captain

Here's a lazer dozer. Built it to try out the new drills, works pretty well since lazer drills don't have to physically touch the ground to excavate. It's more intended for creating sloped ramps, levelling out areas, or digging trenches than doing deep excavations. Has spots for two closed passenger seats and two drill turrets.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973578081
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Want to test the awesome laser drills?

Well, why not try out the new...

RAIDO CORPORATION SCARAB
    >> Steam Workshop

Scarab is a powerful miner armed with the new hi-tech laser drills. Comes with your basic survival equipment like oxygen station, mobile constructor and gatling gun. The new drills together with powerful set of thrusters and good maneouverability makes mining missions a breeze with the 'Scarab'!

20170712055649_1.jpg
    20170712060006_1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not at level 20 yet...? Well you can test the...

RAIDO CORPORATION SCARAB 'LITE'

>> Steam Workshop

Cheap, lightweight and effective miner with no-nonsense approach. Unlockable at level 10 so get mining as soon as possible! Just over 300 iron. Can easily be upgraded with the T2 laser drills later on.

20170712055111_1.jpg
    20170712055256_1.jpg

8. Korusho

Korusho Ensign

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947634746

This is my Ore Buddy MKII, a modestly armored and retrofitted enclosed mining tug based partially on the early mining HV available in the stock blueprints. It includes almost all necessary objects any infantry would want in the field, and even has a new updated laser drill using sister, link included on the page. The upgraded version is vastly superior, but requires more advanced materials, while the Ore Buddy MKII can be created using materials found on most starter words and some mild deconstructing work of enemy bases for that delicious sathium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both versions just got updated. MKII to not require Neodymium and the laser variant to include two rocket launchers on production, sitting on her top backside.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    rainyday, Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Agreed. I've been disregarding their existence. :/

Honestly, I think the only thing that could possibly use the things right now would be Racing HVs... & even them, maybe only in moderation stuck on top of thingies & serving as Forward Thrust. >_<

Holy hell, sweet work! :D

Now I wish I could test my new recent Hover War Tank build against that dude! (Opportunity to test vs Slam is woefully short on availability anymore. :()

For the Topic: My first ever HV Submission to the Devs comes forth!!!

Front View:
    [​IMG]

Right View:
    [​IMG]

Rear View:
    [​IMG]

Left View:
    [​IMG]

Top View:
    [​IMG]

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]

Factory Spawn Resource Cost:
    [​IMG]

Bet we all'd love a Prefab with actual performance. :D

I'd understand if ya would wanna kick my Name off it while Tweaking for Implementation into the game. :p

Oh, almost forgot the BP, derp... >_<

Attached Files:

rainyday, rucky and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Why did you put so many jump boosters and docking pads ?

11. Tyrax Lightning

So many Landing Pads cause they're not just for the HV to rest on or Dock with, but also so the ground 'skates' along them instead of finding contact on the Hover Boosters or the Hover Engines themselves... like sorta protective devices. Landing Pads have weak HPs, but long long ago it used to be possible to see how much Armor Landing Pads had, & they had a high Armor Rating then. I can't shake the feeling their High Armor Stat is still a thing. (Though not recommended to use as a Substitute for the likes of Combat Steel...)

So many Hover Boosters partially cause they're covering up Devices that's otherwise be Exposed, (Hate having to resort to that instead of being able to manage a Hardened Steel Floor completely, but when Portablizing to keep things kinda small sized, sacrifices have to be made...) & partially cause it takes a stupid number of Hover Boosters to enable a HV to be able to jump even moderately high... which still has at least one use still worth keeping them for: In the event this HV might accidentally get Nose-Dipped into the Water & end up IN it instead of the desired above it, best practice for this HV will be to drive it to as close to the Water Surface as can be managed, orient the HV diagonal-up-forward, then hold still & Hover Boost up to the Water Surface top. If need be, also Drive Forward at the peak of the Jump to try to finish getting the front Hover Engines to 'grip' the top of the Water Surface & 'climb' the HV back to on top of the Water where it belongs.

I really hope someday Hover Boosting regains its ability to Boost Up & Drive Forward at the same time... having Driving Forward negate the Hover Boost screws up its usefulness hard. :/

rucky and Kassonnade like this.
  12. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

This sounds like sprint + jetpack again... for vehicles.

13. NOLOS

NOLOS Lieutenant

THE-CAR.jpg просто машина THE-CAR.jpg

Attached Files:

binhthuy71 likes this.
  14. NOLOS

NOLOS Lieutenant

M 44 hamerhed Mass effect 2 M-44-hamerhed.jpg M-44-hamerhed.jpg

Attached Files:

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  15. NOLOS

NOLOS Lieutenant

NOLOS автомобиля

Attached Files:

16. NOLOS

NOLOS Lieutenant

BUR.jpg БУР М 1

Attached Files:

• BUR.epb
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Kieve, Tyrax Lightning, ldog and 3 others like this.
  18. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

Some really interesting designs here. I'm more utilitarian with my HVs and have spent alot of time fiddling with my drills and haven't made any HVs that aren't drills.

This is my Drill Bike:

[​IMG]

It is a very simple and extremely cheap drill but still functional. As you can see it is assymetrical which was necessary for balance purposes. As is it is quite stable and enjoyable to scoot around even though the lack of side thrusters makes it a bit more challenging than "normal" HVs.

Drilling works just as with every other compact drill, point towards ground and drill away. With the two thrusters at the rear it can easily climb out of vertical holes.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119866762

A step up is my affordable closed cabin drill, named Buzz Aldrill:

[​IMG]

As I already mentioned I fiddled around alot with my drilling vessels and wanted to make an affordable variant of my drill designs. At this point I actually poked around in the Steam Workshop and found things like the Ladybug and the DrillSergeant which are quite nice but found their drill placement to be a bit wasteful and inefficient for ore mining so I scaled back my primary mining vessel design and spread out the drills even more than I did before.

[​IMG]

Buzz Aldrill has more spacing between the drills to use them to full effect. The entire vessel is very short and has no blocks sticking out of the cross section that could get stuck on terrain. To make this possible I borrowed the Hover Booster placement from the DrillSergeant because otherwise I would have had to lengthen the design which I wanted to avoid.

As you can see in the second picture it also features two M and two S thrusters facing forward so that you can easily reverse out of any hole you have dug. Since I absolutely do not like sluggish vehicles I gladly mine the slight surcharge over the popular mining HVs to have it fit my needs. And since I already have the Drill Bike it is alot easier to get the ores for a full size drilling HV (six drills closed cabin) in the first place. :)

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119867266

19. Tyrax Lightning

Nice. Practical > Pretty every time. :)

Another thing about the Drill Bike is it can help ya Mine ores to Upgrade to the Buzz Aldrill, then when its job is done it's real fast to Multitool its Parts off it then throw them into the Factory to help in building Buzz Aldrill & getting it popped out faster. :D

20. Pyston

Pyston Captain

FiveHorse, Siege Inc., Faith and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.