Howto: Blueprints and Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Emiri2008 likes this.
  2. Frederick Taer

Frederick Taer Lieutenant

How to get thumbnail to steam for your pre-5.3 blueprint.

Problem is: all blueprint pictures always were .png

And from this build the game started to save them as .jpg

So, to upload an old blueprint you have to open old thumbnail, crop it to 800px*450px and save it in the same place with the same name, but as .jpg. Then "update" the blueprint to steam.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    This is also covered in the guide. Added a quicklink.

4. LtWarhound

LtWarhound Ensign

I was just lamenting the lack of Workshop yesterday, very nice! I uploaded a SV blueprint, added screenshots, description, all looks good.

Except the tag. Right now there are over 330 workshop items, but only 3 of them have tags. Right now, trying to find a blueprint for an SV (for example) means scrolling through hundreds of blueprints that aren't SVs. I can't find a way to manually update the tag on my workshop item, and the research I did suggests the tag is set by the game when uploading.

If so, please ask the devs about getting this fixed ASAP. Its really critical for using the workshop.

TK85 and Yolofessional like this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Unfortunately, the tagging is done automatically by steam (at least it says so). Users have no way of setting a tag manually. The 3 tagged vessels were tagged by a dev testing this very special "issue". We will have a look what can be done here.

feartechnition likes this.
  6. RageMojo

RageMojo Ensign

Something is sporadic about the tags. I uploaded 5 blueprints on the 2nd and after about 48 hours 3 of them tagged correctly as SV's. the other two are still listed as "blueprint" only. I took a new pic and updated the two remaining BP's on the 6th, it will be the 10th in moments and still no tags.

7. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    We are tagging manually at the moment, because Steam offers no automated approach. As the count of bp in the workshop is increasing more and more, bear with us when we can't keep up to this high demand.

BP tagging will be changed in an upcoming patch ;-)

8. RageMojo

RageMojo Ensign

Thanks good to know.

Also FYI, you closed a thread on Steam about SP games having other peoples structures in game. I am telling you i was not mistaken, over-tired, intoxicated or pulling anyone's leg. The only reason i even noticed the PvP tag in the map was because i was extremely confused that another players name was on all the alien towers. When i changed the playfield to PvE that players name disappeared. I have never played MP, i have only played SP and i have never even changed games in over 200 hours. i want you to know because it was incredibly confusing and i rebooted the game several times, and almost quit the game out of frustration. I didnt want to start a war with some other person when i was still a noob, trying to play SP only, and didnt know what was going on enough to start something with them.

9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Please try the following steps to help us investigate this issue:

1. Use the Steam repair tool (right-click on your game in the steam library -> properties -> local files -> check files for errors)
    2. If this does not help, send me an email and include the following data
    2a. A DETAILED description of your issue with ANYTHING you can remember.
    2b: Output_log.txt (to be found here: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion_Data ) Please note: do NOT proceed playing when the issue happens. Quit the game and save the file at first!
    2c: DXdiag.txt (Windows-Button -> Type in 'dxdiag' & hit return -> "Save all information" )
    2d: If the error happens only IN a game (resumed savegame), please ZIP your savegame, upload to a cloud saving place & include a link to download (Savegames can be found here: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Send everyting to [email protected] (with [email protected] on CC).

SUBJECT: [your issue]

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

10. RageMojo

RageMojo Ensign

It hasnt happened since i changed the playfields. But i if i can get the time this weekend i will save my games, then uninstall the game and reinstall and start a fresh new game and see if i get it to happen again. If i do, i will follow your steps as well as take screen shots and video.

11. Ehta

Ehta Commander

I tried looking for information on how to manually edit steam workshop tags. Is it still moderators and devs only or? :D As a quick fix, I'm adding (HV) (SV) (CV) after title of every ship I've created so far...

12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Not possible to manually tag the workship items - it's still us trying to add the tags.

13. 0utKa5T

0utKa5T Ensign

can some one advise please, i have only just loaded my server since the update and found all my blueprints missing, in fact the whole save game folder was gone, now since creating a new game with a new ship and such i can see the blueprints folder, however, when i copy the blueprints from my backup folder into the game folder and try to use the blueprint in game i get an error, so i tried doing the thumbnail thing to reduce the size and change it to jpg, copied it over again and still the same problem, am i missing something? do i now have to upload the files to workshop and download them again for this to work?

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Never Mind i figured it out :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  14. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Any updates on this? I've uploaded quite a few blueprints that haven't seen the light of day since there are no tags. Lots of creators out there with amazing designs!

15. Countmarq

Countmarq Ensign

I follow the howto guide on getting the blueprints but they still don't show up in my blueprint on my game? Anyone have an idea on why?

16. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

my hard drive has died and i am wanting to retrieve blueprints that i "published" from empyrion servers- i thought published meant i had uploaded them to an empyrion server as thats why pre alpha empyrion staffers were advising us to get our blueprints uploaded as all game files would be wiped.
    but as i see no notes on this i'm guessing it only meant that i was having blue print data stored in a folder in MY pc that would not be wiped by the new alpha build yes?

gee i hops its the case i can retrieve them from online empyrion and if someone is able to answer this please i'd be grateful. and Alpha is really ace by the way, well done.

17. Furian

Furian Captain

when you blueprint a build it's stored locally on your own pc. to be able to retrieve your blueprints is if you (to my knowledge) have published the blueprint to the steam workshop.
    if you have done that all you need to do is:
    go to your own steam workshop and press the big green button :) then it will download to your PC.

18. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

ahhh,
    Ahhh, i see. oh man thank you for the info, bit clueless here though i am quite certain i published them to workshop so going to try that now.

thanks again!

Furian likes this.
  19. Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers Ensign

I have Subscribed to a few blueprints on steam but they are not downloading what do i need to do .

20. Furian

Furian Captain

sorry to say that you might need to delete the game ATTENTION!!! backup your saves before you do so!! located inside steamapps/common/empyrion/saves!!

then when you have deleted the game, make sure the entire empyrion folder have been removed. then reboot your pc. reinstall the game and then re subscribe to the blueprints. should work, did for me when I suddenly couldn't get the BP's from the workshop.