Length of day / night

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by [BB]Drifter, Aug 5, 2017.

1. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

I am very new to this game so please bear with me. We are hosting a dedicated server for friends playing PVE. We all seem to think the nights last an exceptionally long time and days obviously shorter. Is this normal for the planet we are on which I believe is Akua? Can this be altered somewhere in the config or is it more difficult and located elsewhere. I searched but there are 100's of items that come up and the ones I looked at did not seem to answer this. Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

2. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I agree they should make the night shorter somehow. You can stop time using the debugmenu (open console with ` and type "debugmenu". close the console and press ESC, you'll see a new icon on the top to the right). Remember that day/night cycles around the planet. So if you stop it, one side will always be light, and one side always dark.

3. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

Thank you for the reply. It would be nice but after reading some posts I see that it's not quite as easy as just a simple edit that would stop there. Given the planetary rotation it would only make sense that it's a part of the natural environment that should be expected. I've learned a lot already about this game and maybe a planet with faster rotational speed would be a better choice. I don't have the skill set for that as yet.

I'm going to try the debug menu to see what I can do with it. Still looking for some good guides right now. Time will tell I guess... :)

4. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

You can place a bunch of T2 work lights on the ground where you need light and you can pick them up again later.

5. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Also can try putting SV lights around your ship and max the light output on the devices tab in the ship control panel.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Also, you are aware of the night vision goggles? Put them anywhere in your inventory and press "L" twice. They are not common to find, but I think I have about 7 pairs now after a but of exploration. The abandoned mine on Akua you will very likely find at least one pair.