[expired] Fm Reforms a Monster POI

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Frigidman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

For a limited time, my beam channel has some (links expired) VODs of me doing an exercise in lunacy with one of the larger older POI in the game. I dont narrate much at all, a few times I say something, but I'm not very talkative when I'm in the groove of a revamp job.

The task: To reform an out dated POI to all new in-game blocks and standards.
    Warning: Contains spoilers.

Will be available on beam until March 2nd. I have downloaded the VOD's, but a 7gb upload to youtube is not my idea of a fun two weeks ;)

Edit: They have gone now. Keep an eye out for future stream VODs.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    oojimaflip likes this.
  2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Next is the Xenu Fortress revamp, in survival mode. Good luck!

Frigidman likes this.
  3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

ROFL. I'm not that insane =p

Fractalite likes this.
  4. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

As i'm watching ur revamp session (applause for that) , i'm wondering why you don't go for combat steel when you use the replaceblocks command. Secondly, why do you go now change 'm out manually ?

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I always first replaceblocks to standard steel. I find its easier to spot 'old blocks' that were un-converted when all NEW blocks are a smooth steel texture.

Then, I have to go through and change out all blocks that do not convert. The OLD (really old pre-alpha days) angle blocks, have no conversion command that works right. They have to be 'popped out' and replaced by hand to get the right shape in.

Also, I pop out and replace 'shutter windows' because the old ones do not convert, and the old ones have horrible low HP (plus they are an unsupported block no, so they have to all be changed out lol).

Bigfeet likes this.
  6. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Tough job, respect.

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

After I'm done replacing all old blocks to smooth steel, I upgrade the entire thing to hardened steel, and then do a texture/coloring job to touch up and make it all perdy. Plus finish off all the interiors and utilize new blocks and features.

I did spend another 4 hours on this one, but didn't stream it. Contained a lot of spoilers lol.

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Was working on a different orbital, so theres a fourth VOD now up for a bit. Its not that exciting I'm afraid.

9. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Excellent work, they are all great (old) models that need to be saved in 'new format' - now lots of variations could be made and be available in games future :)

Kudos also to LiftPizzas on his update on another cool POI ;)
    It would be really good to have this 'remastered' POIs officially recognised and game implemented in next updates :cool:

10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

;)

11. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

You will never see a video from me of a POI made for the game, he he, I rather see yall jump outa ya skin in shock, while being pepper sprayed by a Zirax, hehe.
    Just made a new Zirax Fortress for the devs, think HL in design with ventilation shafts etc all over place, venture at your own risk !

Hope yall die heaps in it hahaha !

rainyday and Captain Jack II like this.
  12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I looked at it. Tried it.

Eleon needs to change the utterly predictable behavior of NPCs and turrets, for anything to be considered difficult.

13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Its not in the game yet ?
    AI is slowly getting better though, I can imagine the fun there having coding that in Empyrions worlds !

14. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Feels like turrets try to calculate and lead a strafing enemy... which they should do, but they should also account for variances and fire a few shots ahead of, and behind, the predicted path... maybe above and below as well. If we know a turret is tracking us, it's pretty easy to avoid. If they start guessing where we might go next, things get interesting. Flak guns especially, they don't try to hit a target, they just try to get close.