Macros with Strike.TE?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Dionysos, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

I got a Mad Catz Strike TE keyb for x mas. I never had a macro thing before and managed to programm a loop of death :p So it looks like i didnt get the crappy short instruction right.

Just to get an idea how things might work. Does anyone knows how i do something like:

- Press key eg start mining tool
    - press reload button after time x
    - continiue mining meteoroid

Does it make sense to use the same start and stop button for this cycle or better smth else? Is the shipped software decent enough or are there way better alternatives out there?

Another useful thing would be:

- defining one key to put all guns to "not fire on other factions" - and to turn it on again if it turns out they're not that friendly.

2. Van

Van Commander

I don't know about the MadCatz software, but I wrote a script for my Logitech keyboard that toggles my left click on/off so I don't have to hold it while manually mining. It's possible to do an auto reload after a time, but i didn't do that. I also made one to spam click for crafting so I don't wear out my mouse/finger making stacks of ingots.

I've written macros to do things like switching weapons in Elite: Dangerous using VoiceAttack, but I'm not sure you could do it in Empyrion because there aren't many keybinding options. I could wire a VoiceAttack script to open the control panel, select each weapon, & turn off "other factions", but it would only work in that ship & only if the control panel had the same groups open/closed as the macro was programmed for.

We need more keybinding options in Empyrion before things like this will be easy, so hopefully the devs recognize this & eventually accommodate us! :D