[MOD] PermaDeath

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by joemorin73, May 18, 2017.

1. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

This is a request from @zamirathe

Is the game too easy? Has death lost meaning? Perhaps you need a little PermaDeath.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqvXBFJCQ8T0jZYG-yiR2mkB69x7wQ

Notes:
    • When a player dies, they are wiped.
    • Player is kicked from server, then wiped.
    • All skills and ownership are reset.
    • !MODS will display the mod.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Dietrich, Exacute and Taelyn like this.
  2. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Message to @EleonGameStudios c/o @Hummel-o-War
    Unlike the other mods, I do encourage Eleon to include this mod into Empyrion. I believe you can provide better options and a wipe that does not require a disconnection.

Exacute likes this.
  3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

LOL freeeeeking brutal dude ! Luv it !
    Asked them to add to game also.

4. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

This is the only mod I absolutely believe should be a part of the game. They have the ability to wipe a player without forcing a reconnecting.

If they do consider it, there are some additional options they should consider.
    • A medbay option might be nice. Spawn at a medbay or you are fresh starting.
    • Ability to disable "Spawn in area".
    • Possibly destroy or set public all your original equipment/structures. (Going to need to add this as an option for the mod.)

Ichaft and rainyday like this.
  5. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

@joemorin73
    Finally had a chance to test it and received an error in the log on death. Now cannot reconnect at all. It is stuck on PERMADEATH: Please reconnect.

Code:
    20-23:39:41.790 17_39 -LOG- Server kicking player CId=8, EId=32, 76561198149989480/=/'SilverFox': PERMADEATH: Please reconnect.
    20-23:39:41.790 17_39 -LOG- PD: Object reference not set to an instance of an object:   at EmpyrionModBase.MainModule.PlayersFolder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at EmpyrionModBase.MainModule.RemovePlayer (Int32 playerID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at EmpyrionModBase.MainModule.PD_PlayerDeathEvent (System.Object sender, EmpyrionModBase.PlayerDeathEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at EmpyrionModBase.MainModule.RaisePlayerDeathReceived (EmpyrionModBase.PlayerDeathEventArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at EmpyrionModBase.MainModule.Game_Event (CmdId eventId, UInt16 seqNr, System.Object data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    20-23:39:42.688 17_39 -LOG- [CM] Player 76561198149989480/'SilverFox' logged off
    20-23:39:42.688 17_39 -LOG- Client 8/'SilverFox' disconnected from Tir, now empty -> delayed unload enqueued
    20-23:39:42.688 17_39 -LOG- [CM] Player CId=8, EId=32, 76561198149989480/=/'SilverFox' disconnected

6. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Seems odd. Appears the mod is having an issue determining the root folder.

7. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Did you figure out the root folder issue? I definitely want to give this mod a try. Adds to the suspense and caution of survival on hard settings.

8. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

Not sure if you were waiting for me to respond so I waited a few days. I ended up removing the mod and it allowed him to reconnect. It had not wiped his folder so he was able to respawn at current location. Which is okay for now as we are working out the balance of this world.

I was going back through the logs to see if I could see anything else, particularly where you are setting the root folder property, and I ran across this at the start of the log. I think I ignored it the first time since it says Mod1 and I didn't see it was loaded as part of PD. Maybe it will be of some use?

Code:
    20-22:17:06.908 16_17 -LOG- Loaded mod Mod1 from PD
    20-22:17:06.909 16_17 -LOG- API: Mod Network Relay is Starting
    20-22:17:06.932 16_17 -LOG- API: Mod Network Relay has been initialized
    20-22:17:06.936 16_17 -LOG- PermaDeath by joemorin73
    20-22:17:06.944 16_17 -ERR- Error on executing Game_Start in mod Mod1
    20-22:17:06.948 16_17 -EXC- YamlDotNet.Core.YamlException: (Line: 2, Col: 3, Idx: 17) - (Line: 2, Col: 3, Idx: 17): Exception during deserialization ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Property 'Srv_Description' not found on type 'EmpyrionModBase.Dedicated.ServerNode'.
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.TypeInspectors.TypeInspectorSkeleton.GetProperty (System.Type type, System.Object container, System.String name, Boolean ignoreUnmatched) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.Deserializer+TypeDescriptorProxy.GetProperty (System.Type type, System.Object container, System.String name, Boolean ignoreUnmatched) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.NodeDeserializers.ObjectNodeDeserializer.YamlDotNet.Serialization.INodeDeserializer.Deserialize (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, System.Func`3 nestedObjectDeserializer, System.Object& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, YamlDotNet.Serialization.Utilities.SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, YamlDotNet.Serialization.Utilities.SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.AliasValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, YamlDotNet.Serialization.Utilities.SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer+<DeserializeValue>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader r, System.Type t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at YamlDotNet.Serialization.NodeDeserializers.ObjectNodeDeserializer.YamlDotNet.Serialization.INodeDeserializer.Deserialize (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, System.Func`3 nestedObjectDeserializer, System.Object& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Please let me know if there is anything I did or should do. All I did was put the mod files into a folder named PD in the mods folder. Nothing in the config file so I left it alone. Just looked, server description per EAH is "Private home run server." I can try again on a new game if you need it.

9. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I see the error that 'Srv_Description' is missing from your dedicated.yaml file. You should probably correct this issue. I will post a "debug" version of the PD shortly to help track down the problem. Hopefully it will help us track down to issue.

10. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil Lieutenant

I'm new to mods and am trying to get this one working. I got another mod to work and found out the folder required a certain name for it to work. Can this be put into a folder with any name as long as it is inside of the Mods folder?

EDIT: Verified it's not working. Not sure if the issue is folder name or if it needs updated for 8.x?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  11. ZotaOTT[RU]

ZotaOTT[RU] Guest

Where is the instruction for the mod?
    Where it will be more interesting if the mod will not delete and erase !!! And just reset the experience and send it to the starter planet.