Mod Requests

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Jascha, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. InfiniteChaos

InfiniteChaos Ensign

Short list: (in no particular order)
    1. Ability to craft NPC spawners with given recipe of materials. (materials required to be changed on a server by server basis)
    2. Ability to craft any item (except admin cores) of the creative item menu with any given recipe. (materials required to be changed on a server by server basis)
    3. Ability to change any existing material list for constructed items to different values. (materials required to be changed on a server by server basis)
    4. Ability to show offline protection area ghosted on your screen (much like the toggle option of structural integrity shows for bases)
    5. Ability to change power requirements of all blocks/items that use power/fuel
    6. Ability to link item power usage to base power generation (O2, H2, H2O generators)
    7. Ability to change the slots a cargo container can hold (ideally used in conjunction with #3 above)
    8. Ability to change mass values of blocks and block shapes (after this is patched to correct default values by devs. currently a half-block of combat steel has 1k hp, but a slope that visually shows less area has 2k hp - etc.)
    9. Advanced blocks of existing blocks (for instance, use 10x combat steel blocks to have 10x hp per new block at current values, but uses 10x combat steel to make 1 block and is 10x heavier) This would need to dynamically scale with whatever the server admin sets for #3 and #8 above.
    10. Two sun and three sun solar systems. (with correct dawn/dusk mechanics

My wishlist includes things like shields, solar power, wind, and hydro-electric power generation, cargo sorting and automation mechanics, blueprint repair, and turret style wide-swath salvage drill - but those all should be implemented by the devs to the base game and only modded upon by mods.

Iluminator likes this.
  2. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Multi select of block groups to texture, color, rotate, copy, delete or other editing operations.

Iluminator and Nebulawolf like this.
  3. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Allied npcs that can be used for offensive and defensive operations. Training and leveling them to increase their skills and abilities would be also helpful. Perhaps have different classes of npc allies that bring different skillsets and items like shields, group healing, stealth, etc.

4. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Inventory sort button.

5. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

-Moved to Hangar Bay-

Thanks a lot for the feedback, but as you noticed. Keep the suggestions to "Modding" not things that should be done in game.
    As mentioned in the beginning this is "future music" as we call it. Nothing to worry about yet. Its just to get the feeling of where to go. But the main game is main priority.

ButtonPusher likes this.
  6. N99024

N99024 Captain

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

1) How about different types of thrusters? or modding the current ones to act differently under certain conditions. something like Atmosphere thrusters that have a better thrusting output but are completely limited to atmosphere use only.

2) Modding weapon values or adding new weapon(s) To basically create a super weapon variant? (ie a Artillery turret that can do 3k damage but only fires a round every minute and has a 10k health pool)

kinda ran out of ideas.

7. saadow

saadow Lieutenant

I have a friend who works with mods, but he's very busy, so I figured I'd swing by here, drop a request, and see what people come up with:

I need the following features:

The ability to detect and change player attributes based on origin
    -I'd like to change model height, camera location, and allow/disallow certain block groups to be used, or give access to block groups that otherwise would be denied

Add new block groups and skill trees, if only by copying a current skill tree.
    -I'd like to basically copy the block groups and tech tree for capital ships, in the size of small vessel blocks. I'd like to add another block group for very small vessels, that are even smaller.

I've included a flow-chart to explain what I'm looking for:

upload_2017-3-16_15-53-29.png

Bonus: If we could have a way to shrink assets for the earth planet so players with the alien origin would be travelling through a smaller area, this would definitely fit what I'm looking for.

Other ideas: Perhaps dividing the damage human/earth origin weapons do to other origins by, say, 10, so it takes a lot more to damage the enemy. Lethality of normal weapons is pretty spot on so the alien origins likely don't need adjustment. Maybe earth origin players have 100 health instead of 500? Just throwing spaghetti at the wall. Thanks for reading!

8. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

In a nutshell? The ability to edit block textures and the color palette.

For right now though, if you are able to get me some basic information, I would love you forever. I've been asking, begging, and pleading for the game's block-texture specs pretty much since 0.4 rolled out (and ruined them) and I'd be thrilled if I could get cracking on some new ones. But without knowing certain particulars, I'm firing blind into a dark room at an invisible target.

So if you're able to dig into the game files enough, please tell me:
    • Dimensions of the block-texture sheet (px)
    • Whether it has alpha-channel information
    • If the associated Normal-map is using an alpha-channel
    • If there is a Specular/gloss map for those textures, and if it has an alpha-channel
    Bonus points if they could be extracted intact from the game for editing / personal examination. I don't know if that'd be breaking any forum or TOS rules to share them (I hope not), but I tried ripping the textures myself and they were corrupted / pixellated beyond all use, I couldn't learn anything useful from them.

steenhole and ButtonPusher like this.
  9. Riebart

Riebart Ensign

A little late to the party, but I think you just found my thread over on the Steam Community forums. I think I have a tool that accomplishes model import (from polygonal meshes right now) in a functional way. See it's thread: http://empyriononline.com/threads/empyrion-model-import-tool.10280/

I'm looking for feedback and ideas on ways to improve it, and it's all open source on GitHub (see the thread for info).

10. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

i have teased and joked about such things at the devs before about wanting a "tow-truck" with a tractor beam to pull home SVs that get stuck in water or get banged up and can't fly, or to pull out HV miners that get stuck in holes xD

11. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

Cpt_Beefheart and Frigidman, i see both sides of that coin, I just think that some mods could and possibly would be integrated into the game and thus giving a better overall experience. I don't mind having to mod a game but also don't mind when devs "adopt" community content, even mods, and thus make the game better for all players. Hopefully things go smoothly and won't be complicated by unnecessary things such as modded game bug reports and raging LOL, yeah, we don't need any of that nonsense, we just want more game content and to mess around and have fun. Even testing is kinda fun, so that's why I'm here. ;)

12. steenhole

steenhole Lieutenant

A mod that permits the adjustment of turret behavior of alien guns, so the difficulty of different playfields could be easily scaled.

1: Tracking speed.
    2: Rate of Fire.
    3: Damage.
    4: Range.

Adjustments to turret value could be done globally in a playfield (e.g. set difficulty to 20), or by adding variables to a base or ship bp.

If the mod accomplished any of these adjustments, it would be valuable to content creation at mid to late game.

ButtonPusher likes this.
  13. steenhole

steenhole Lieutenant

A mod to control loot distribution--

1) Ideal--During design, put loot into a container in a POI, bp it. Poi has that loot in it when raided.

2) Create loot tables that can be assigned at the playfield level.

3) Doubtful value, but would allow better RP and a little more control of the game economy--Adjust the global loot tables.

Keith Hovey likes this.
  14. Nebulawolf

Nebulawolf Ensign

Please, please format of and access to textures for starters. While its great to be able to change colours of the textures, it would be fantastic to change or add new textures to the palette. Modding textures is an easy start and can make a huge addition to any game/sim etc. Normally creates a huge, massive, enormous, ginormous, gargantuan, really really big mod community straight up.

Sofianinho, saadow and banksman45 like this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

OH YES!!!!! YESS AND YESS!! Please give us a way to add more textures to the texture gun or just mod in some more textures. I love the idea of the texture gun but we need way more textures!! I haven't read a response on the DEVs from this. I guess it's not a huge deal to them right now but for builders its a major deal.

Iluminator likes this.
  16. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

great Ideas you all have :).
    Hey,

FYI About this point: In one of the coming Alpha's there might be a way to do that even over API (might not be the exact thing you wish, but editing of blocks and containers is something we have on our list)

17. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Already possible.

18. LaID

LaID Ensign

I tryied to do that but i only can do if the bp has an admin core (alien or player) im doing something wrong? or is the only way now?

19. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

POI must have those cores to to spawn with yaml file

20. LaID

LaID Ensign

I can spawn POIS with yaml files that not have an admin alien core, just alien core as random or fixed, is the same... but in this POIs i cant edit the loot container, only in admin (alien or player) cores