Moderator tips

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by zaphodikus, Dec 20, 2016.

1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

A thread to get some tips on moderating and how to make the game more fun if you are a Admin or Moderator.

Can I start off with a few questions of my own and then hint at a few tips that have worked for me.
    #1. Is there a way to use the give command to give yourself items?
    give 'iron ingot' 999
    For example would be intuitive, but is not doing anything?
    #2. I'm still trying to come up with advices and rules for PvP matches to ensure that the victor gets something more than just the satisfaction of their skill and a kill.
    random.png
    Hints:
    tip #1. You can help players out by dropping items for them while offline if they are griefed. I have a small BA with a sign and container for ores for this purpose. It's nicer to some folk who want to build their own than get a stock item.
    tip #2. After a playfield reset, players of high enough level will want their stuff back, but not everyone wants to start fresh, so have a stock Tier2 CV from the stock list in your factory queue. I normally queue one up in preparation. but if a player drops off before you can build it, you can:
    a) use the di command to get the entity id
    b) change the item to be in their faction, and thus stop anyone else stealing the loot.
    faction entity <faction> <entityid>
    Faction is the 3 letter faction shortname (case sensitive)
    EntityID is the entity id from a)

Tyrax Lightning and Runeshadow like this.