One Custom Texture - For Landscaping

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Scott.Ward, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

As I making a POI, the thought crossed my mind just one custom texture could supply a very big range of textures for landscaping and other things.

Meaning, if you selected this texture from your texture selector menu, the next texture you hit (fire at) become your active texture, even ground textures. It would be nice to blend in some parts of the structure with the landscape.

Anyways, just off in thought.

nexus_absolute and CYGVAN like this.
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Devs were discussing things like this so we can make grass and stuff around the base where we may have levelled and its all rocky texture, haven't heard what there up to, there all just coming back from x-mass break everything should start rolling along pretty soon again.

3. CYGVAN

CYGVAN Ensign

i wonder if this or more have been suggested on the suggestion thread? in thinking about this, it would be pretty cool to have a "terrain" block. one with a contextual menu like the other blocks to choose grass, sand, dirt, rocks, moon dust, purple plasma haze that i haven't seen first hand yet lol etc etc. placeable like other blocks.

combined with your texture tool addition, i think it makes for lots of building fun.