Our Grid has room for a few nice folks (PvE / Coop)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Our Grid, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Well Hello,

The Our Grid Server Community is a small group of friends that play a few titles together (ARK, SE, Grav, Empyrion, Interstellar Rift, Borderlands, Etc). We have a dedicated 3Ghz Xeon box with 32Gb Ram and an SSD, behind a firewalled, fast connection to host our games. Automatic and manual backups are made, the servers are always passworded and we do use some select mods to provide added content (we've added a dozen planets to Empyrion; we have 60 playfields). We host our own Ventrilo voice server as well to keep the typing to a minimum during group adventures and events. The server is actively admin-ed and players care for when gremlins happen.

The players are adult and family folks, with busy lives, wives and the occasional needy child or pet! Our gameplay is at a relaxed pace, focused on chilling after that crazy day at work. If you can't play for several days or have limited time, no problem. We setup our games so your "stuff" should still be there when you get back. We have only one faction, help each other out, gather up when we can, and go see what sort of trouble we can get into, so we call our group PvE / Coop play.

If you think this sort of atmosphere sounds like something that fits your gameplay style, reply here or click my profile and "Start a Conversation" with a little about you and we'll proceed from there.

Cheers. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. dichebach

dichebach Captain

It sounds delightful.

3. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

pm sent!

4. pairdice36

pairdice36 Ensign

Hi, I am looking for an Empyrion server to join.

I sent you a pm, Our Grid.

5. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

So, how do you keep yourselves occupied with 60 playfields? Seems easy to get too spread out? I'm curious how folks handle the entertainment side of things, since the PvE side is a little, IMHO, easy. :)

6. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Replied!

A fair question! Essentially we added 12 orbital systems, so with the moons (sometimes as planets) we have enough variety to keep it interesting.

We do wipe the starter and some other planets as needed to keep them fresh. Most of us have families and such to keep up with so we don't bore as easy / burn through the content, I guess. We dabble in custom POIs but kind of waiting to see where devs take the game before going crazy on it.

To keep us in a reasonable range (from each other) to have fun together, we have a system that aside from the planet has two planetoids and a moon; most of us live among them so you can SV between and there is a station as well - a sort of system within the system if you will.

7. timethatswasted

timethatswasted Ensign

I've been looking for a laid back server to play on. I want to get into the game, but single player is boring and most servers are "meh"

I'd love to come by and check it out.

EDIT: Well I tried to send you a PM, but it was blocked due to "spam like" content? Lol. So here is my PM to you / "spam":

""Your server sounds intriguing, so here is my "application"

I am in my thirties with a wife and a business. I am nowhere near a computer for a good 12 - 15 hours a day, but I fit in my gaming when I can.

I've really wanted to get into the game, but single player is boring alone and I have yet to be on a server where I havent been griefd by the players or Admins in short order while offline.

A server where I can play once in a while with good people is what I am looking for. I am not really competitive, but I do enjoy the friendly skirmish now and then.""

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  8. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Hi there, sending you a PM or "conversation" as it seems to be called here!

9. The_Natural

The_Natural Ensign

Hey, I just read your post about your community and it sounds like something that would be a perfect fit. I appear to not be able to send PM's though, so I figured I just toss this here.

My girlfriend and I travel quite a bit for our work and play games online, and just started playing Emp, and are enjoying it (although we are still very green, we haven't started really doing anything until we can find a server that fits. We had some bad experiences with Ark and SE). We are pretty experienced gamers with a very laid back attitude and we really enjoy building, creating and exploring and making new friends. This game really seems like something we could have a lot of fun with, and are pretty excited about seeing this kind of a community!

Would your server be a good place for a couple of new players to get started? Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  10. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Hello, sent you a PM / Convo

11. grazazel

grazazel Ensign

Hey would be interested, I am 42, I like to play empyrion,space engineers and ark and looking for friendly place to play

12. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Sending you a Private Convo...

13. Croolis Var

Croolis Var Ensign

Got any UK timezone players?

14. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

We have an Aussie and a couple from Sweden right now - not sure if those qualify as an Aye or not! :cool:

It's a pretty quiet server right now (lot gone for holidays)

15. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I've been distracted by other games, work, RL. Are you planning to update to 5.0 pretty soon Grid?

16. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Hello, yes it was done before Christmas! Holidays are pretty quiet around here with many away with family.

17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Cool. Been afflicted with a horrific rhinovirus. But might jump on the server one of these days on a day when you guys are likely to be active and check out how 5.0 has changed things.

18. Smogre

Smogre Ensign

So far, I've dodged that nasty virus but I got the head cold. Nice EVE avatar you have there, dichebach. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm 2 grow pots away from building a CV and getting over to the proper orbit near you guys. Omicron has been good but I'm ready to leave and set up a more permanent place. I also got chat working tonight from this machine and got to talk a bit with Brad.

So what happens when a planet is reset? More pointedly, what happens to my little base of operations? Will it remain? I'll need to figure out if I should pack up my stuff and haul it with me if it goes poof.

19. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Pretty sure when a planet is reset, all the data for that planet gets reset to default values, i.e., EVERYTHING on the planet is deleted, and all player made changes to the planet are "erased." Moreover, the entire planet gets "rewritten" from the procedural generation process.

So, anything you leave on a planet, when it gets reset, it is gone.

Not sure how Grid and Brad, et al. would feel about it; they got a lot of nice stuff setup.

But I for one would be cool if the whole server got reset now that 5.0 is up and running . . . depending on what it looks like Eleon is going to do with the next incremental update, might even be better to wait for the next update. But given 5.0 is such a major watershed update, what with new starting planets, etc., (along with the fact there are now several of us "on tap" to get active on the server) it might not be a bad time to just send everyone back to square one?

20. Smogre

Smogre Ensign

Thanks. I tore everything down minus the shell and hydrogen generator on Omicron.
    I settled on Prima and began building out my base. Hopefully a full reset doesn't happen there, seeing as how I just settled. Then again, I don't know what's impacted and I'm new so whatever.