Oxygen System

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Monteknight

Monteknight Ensign

it works perfectly, maybe add a oxygen system for spaceships and bases (with airlock plz ;) )

Vengesh likes this.
  2. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I love the Oxygen System, many times I loose track of my oxygen and desperately try to make it back, some times I fail some time im gasping for air and making it just in time with half my HP gone. Other times I make it to a dispenser just to fine out it has no oxygen then die fumbling to refuel the oxygen tanks. I would love to see Pressurized CV/BA with airlock and Explosive Decompression. I would loved to see a player blown out of a hull breach and start to suffocate because his helmet was off. I would like to see plants produce O2 (Different plants generate different 02 levels, Some plates produce poisonous fumes)

Issues
    I tend to waist O2 when I get to close to a Dispenser, I wish I would have to activate the dispenser with the action button "T"

Some times I run out of O2 on a oxygen rich world and as I'm suffocating I remove my helmet only to find out I continue to suffocate.

I fined it annoying that I can't have O2 Generation in a BA or CV. I would love to be able to gather and store water at the base for O2/Fresh water creation. That would mean I could have Large Water tanks on a CV or BA's. (Ah running water I could use the toilet and shower although I would still die of O2 Suffocation trying to.)

Proposal
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/oxygen-water-ice-a-new-look.2058/

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  3. vsyeung

vsyeung Lieutenant

x2 on the "water at base" idea. I think that it can potentially open up many more recipes if water can be stored in a large tank - O2 for now, but defnitely some crafting recipes down the road.

4. huhlig

huhlig Captain

One thing I noticed that seems very problematic is that apparently the player cannot hold his breath at all. On the starting planet, (now that it is breathable) I was working on a base and fell into the water. It killed me rather quickly. Players should be able to hold their breaths for 30-45 seconds before taking health damage.

5. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Commander

Agreed - at least for some amount of time. It's like the player character is an idiot who wouldn't close his mouth in a rain storm or something. The moment he hits the water, he starts suffocating.

6. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Yeah, for short spurts on Akua it would be nice to not have to pop your helmet on for what is basically a puddle.

Eviscerator likes this.
  7. Alo

Alo Captain

I agree too. But we'd also need a system to prevent people abusing this on planets where you can't breathe. Take helmet off, don't choke for 30 seconds, put helmet on, take a deep breath, take helmet off again, rinse and repeat.

8. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

That's easily fixed. Just have it flag for a lack of oxygen input instead of the presence of helmet.

9. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

More easyliy by implementing "you loose some amount of suit oxygen each time you remove helmet in a non-oxygen atmosphere"

10. Alo

Alo Captain

I'll trust both your words on it that it's easily implemented :)

And both suggestions would work (for me anyway). It would definately make my "Sprint over water with my jetpack" a lot less frustrating.

11. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

Ha Ha :D.. I don't..

12. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

I never said implementing it would be easy. I just said preventing people from ABUSING it would be easy.

13. Alo

Alo Captain

*sigh*

You said "That's easily fixed". My apoligies for assuming that by this you meant implementing it would be easy. I can't see how I could've deducted that from what you wrote.

Feel free to clarify what you did mean by "that's easily fixed" if you feel the urge to do so, that is.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  14. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Yes this would be nice to be able to hold breath for a few moments without need of helmet in water. And as for planets/moons or open space with no O2 the helmet should be locked on as a safety measure system controlled by a computer in your suit in which the helmet can only be taken off in a O2 filled environment such as on temperate planet or in a pressurized environment such as in walking in a airlock getting ready to enter your base/CV.

A auto locking system for your helmet on/in no O2 planets/Moon or open space would prevent players from abusing the breath hold feature for habitable planets with O2 when swimming.

15. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

To be honest, the fact your character can put his helmet on, or take it off in the first place implies your character understands the concept of breathing to a level that if he submerges his head, he can't breathe. I would also think your character would not be stupid enough to "just take his helmet off" somewhere there isn't a reasonable reason to do so.

HeadHunter likes this.
  16. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Intelligence and wisdom is too different things. Just cause you know how to take your helmet off or put it on doesn't mean you should or should not. As a player you got to know when is a good time to put on or take off helmet.

17. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

The problem is that if you're wearing a space suit, and managing the oxygen in said suit, you do know.

18. Blimy

Blimy Commander

I do agree to the point that there should be a grace period when taking off the helmet. Having said that, time passes faster in the game than in real life so that grace period may already be factored in but passes in the blink of an eye and just means that you won't suffocate immediately. ;)

19. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Welllllll, the first clue would be that I was saying it in response to a post commenting on how it would be abused. It helps to pay attention to context.

Kaloriaa, Alo and Slam Jones like this.
  20. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

It would be nice if oxygen could be made using plants and a O2 collector to collect the O2 the plants is producing. When you build a farm to produce food it should also be used to collect O2 cause of the photosynthesis of the plants. All the free O2 is being wasted here if there was a O2 collector to grab the O2 you can have a alternate way of getting O2.