planet-nomads (KICK START NOW LIVE!)

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by upsetkiller, Jan 21, 2016.

1. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I really like how more and more of these survival and building games are coming out. But it does bring to mind a very depressing element. Fact is I only play these games because I own no land and no resources to develop it and live out a real life survival adventure.

The other day I was building a shelter for my busted truck having to bust through rock to make post holes and the whole time I kept giggling imaging a laser post hole digger or some kind post hole droid....

Our time sucks. The present is lame.

These games are all about being a pioneer and are popular because of a domesticated humanity lacking horizons to explore in the real world.

Azirahael likes this.
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I dunno about the lack of exploring on Earth dude, we do heaps of that and go deeper in the oceans every year find new stuff etc, but Humans have almost stopped all human exploring of the universe, ever since the US shuttle program ended its been downhill for humans and there quest for knowledge, very very sad thing to see the shuttle program end, really it should have been expanded massively to design a proper new generation of re entry vehicles, completely insane to stop it, just took the space tech race back 40 years..........

Satelites drones and robots are just not enough for humans, we are drawn to the unknown, its our final frontier.

Fractalite likes this.
  3. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Well I don't mean just explore but basically settle. There is something incredibly appealing about being a techno pioneer in star trek level technology world.

4. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Just received my Alpha Backer Key, and there is no NDA. I expect to have a video up in the next 72 hours barring any major technical difficulties, either with the game itself or my recording software.

NOTE: So far so good on getting it to capture properly.

5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah they said they're fine with videos as long as you state it is alpha and that it's not the finished game.

I played a bit, haven't figured out anything I want to do for a video though. I mean it takes 2 minutes to build a rover and driving it around doesn't seem like it will be worth watching for more than a minute.

6. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Same here, although some cool first impressions:
    • Started raining while it was cloudy, and very cool. Looking forward to seeing more dynamic weather.
    • Put headlights on the starter build, and watching the lights dim when you accelerate was pretty slick.
    • Seeing things like hinges, rotating blocks, and working suspension is just awesome.
    • Block physics are pretty good, and nothing like making your starter truck drag on the ground because you added too much weight.

7. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah, my first try I didn't set the wheel speed so it was maxing out at like 7 km/h. Once I fixed the speed, I managed to roll sideways down a big hill. LOL

8. Azirahael

Azirahael Lieutenant

Think of it as Space Engineers, Survival, starting with planets and environments and working up to space.
    Rather than the other way around :p

9. Xentor

Xentor Captain

To be true I`m a bit disapointed at this Version.
    Only creative without animals and so...
    Pfffff
    This "bildview" Mechanic is interesting but terrible set. It needs a freecam option while in ths mode to reatch rela all spots (especial all options in the piemenus).
    Till now PN gives me nothing to be true. Empyrion was mutch better when it was at this stage (sorry).
    I guess there can all Closed ALpha Testers agree with me.

10. Azirahael

Azirahael Lieutenant

Uh, in your opinion, sure.

But don't forget, different crew, different priorities.

PN looks better in its first ever release than Empyrion does now.
    better mechanics, animated block rotation that SE only just got now, build vision.

Yep, it's bare bones, but wow, not bad for the first ever release :)

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  11. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

So far I have not found any restrictions with Polar Caps or Green Walls. 1x1 and 3x3 blocks you can mix and match. Real weather with wind, rain and snow. Fantastic weather sounds and background sounds. A real world load and save system. A graphic config page that is better than most finished games. There are a few bugs but Im sure these will get hot patched soon. All in all a great start with the meat of the game. Just now need to add in the veggies and gravey.

12. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I think one is far more polished and the other is far more playable.

(Having grown up with vector graphics and atari 2600 on a 9" black & white TV, I'll take playability over shine any day.)

13. vinurd

vinurd Commander

I have a sea of criticism about the planet of the nomads. But refrain I like Empyrion

14. =TCR= Big_Red

15. =TCR= Big_Red

Some interesting things players are building. I also like how the PN devs are very open even to the point of showing them selfs and there work projects.

16. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

I do like the VLOGS they've been uploading.

Although I haven't purchased the game yet (been mainly keeping an eye on development to see how the MP pans out), it's interesting listening to the devs respond to feedback and discuss the challenges associated with the project. That kind of transparency is refreshing and makes the game more promising IMO.

piddlefoot likes this.
  17. upsetkiller

upsetkiller Commander

which reminds me , i have not seen empyrion devs i believe o.o has there been a public video ?

18. =TCR= Big_Red

Empyrion devs aren't like other devs. Not very friendly. Hummel is friendly. As for fire side chats like DU does or NP does. Forget it. Not even a live feed from the gamescom they attended as invited guests. I don't get it.

19. =TCR= Big_Red

Cobra TV very upset and disappointed with Hello Games. And sorry for those that bought into the game (NMS ).

Flermpick likes this.
  20. NeilF

NeilF Lieutenant

Just discovered "Planet Nomads"... Looks very interesting!