Planets and the solar system.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JayCo, Jul 14, 2015.

1. [WG] Mr Fun

[WG] Mr Fun Member

So can we get the web removed? :p
    6f0d9f8d8b8db4730cb6bd1d997c83f4.png

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Space Spider Alien Race confirmed...? :p

[WG] Mr Fun likes this.
  3. [WG] Mr Fun

[WG] Mr Fun Member

Haha just about. I'm currently adding 2 more orbits now. should be done shortly.

4. 2metragluposti

BIGGER planets - are they coming?

Last time I checked, we still don't have "ball" planets, but I'm more interested in sheer size of planets anyway.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Last I heard, is Incoming, but ETA currently unknown.

I also wonder if the Size Boost will also provide deeper Undergrounds for Planets too?

6. Ehta

Ehta Active Member

Hello there, sorry for long silence. Got myself again employed so been quite busy :D
    Now, you're absolutely spot on with three first points, so let me elongate a tad bit more on the question you had.

There's plenty of research, which seems to currently indicate (most of it made by NASA, so it's easy to find and English as well) that planets without satellites are not able to sustain proper magnetic field and are very prone to catastrophic changes in axial tilt. So to our current knowledge planets without proper magnetic fields are very void of life, because of cosmic radiation killing almost anything. This can however be combated with super thick atmosphere (like in Venus) or life hiding deep inside planets crust. But more importantly the radical and relatively fast changes on axial tilt of the planet resets seasons and even location of major oceans, which fastens the pace water escapes to the space and effectively leads into mass extinction events on very short schedule. So complicated life has very little time to develop before it would need to be on a level that it understands major tilt swap is coming and has enough time to hide or run. However truth is that it's all just educated guesses, since we can't yet prove if Mars has had any advanced lifeforms before Hellas collision event tore away half of the planet and we can't yet even prove if Hellas was originally satellite of Mars or not :)

medicineman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. VISION305

VISION305 Active Member

Multiple star systems more planets and larger planets. Ability to modify what planets are starter planets when you play single player.

honestly think your current planet tech is not so good. Should strongly consider investing in real procedural tech. I would sign up first for a kick starter if needed.