Possible Music To Add?

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Mantalex, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Mantalex

Mantalex Ensign

I'm unsure if this falls under this catagory of "Media", but I started getting bothered by the repetitive music in the game. Not at all is the music low quality, just that hearing many times over can be too much. With this,I decided to make music to accompany the game. Originally I had a post on the Empyrion Game Subreddit, but from a suggestion by a redditor I am posting it to here.

This was inspired by https://www.reddit.com/user/SquirrelNutz and by my favorite composer Martin O'Donnell. Please leave a comment on how you felt, positive or negative. I take all criticism seriously and will adjust accordingly. Bear in mind that I am a novice musician and composer.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    zaphodikus and Neil like this.
  2. Neil

Neil Captain

Yes, this music would be great to add to give a bit more variety. But what I'd really like to see is a folder to drop music files into and they get included in the rotation of the background music. Would even be cool if there was a sub-folder to put in music specifically for play during combat!

Taun Hawk and Mantalex like this.
  3. Mantalex

Mantalex Ensign

Yeah actually I was hoping there could be a drop box or maybe a thread opened where people could add music. It would certainly make it cheaper than hiring someone to compose and hire performers to play the music in a studio. Also it could give some upcoming musicians a head start.

4. Neil

Neil Captain

I'm actually talking about a folder on you local drive where the game is that you drop your own music.

5. Zeerog1

Zeerog1 Ensign

Nice! How do you implement those track(s) to the game?

6. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

Preety good,I hope it add to the game

7. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Feels like two songs in one. The shift around the 2-minute mark sounds like it was heavily inspired by Halo 2, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, I greatly prefer the first half to the second.
    But to be fair, I've been itching to put together an Empyrion MV with stuff like this for a couple weeks, and the style has sort of ingrained itself in my mind as "Empyrion" music (psytrance and the like).

8. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I get the impression Mantalex switches the composition but not the beat midway to show off more of his/her stuff. It's not a very smoothe mixover on purpose I guess, and personally preferred the 1st half for space games.

If you want backing trax for your videos, go here http://www.incompetech.com And search for music - you can start with terms like space, and so on, but you can also find most of the Kerbal Space Program tracks are up there for free too. I accidentally favourited them even in my videos though I have never played KSP. Creative Commons attribution, don't forget to attribute in the description.
    Zen Garden is pretty cool, I actually had a online chat with some bloke who makes music in a Steam chat, it was not nearly as good as Stephan's composition. There are free track out there, so do share links and grow and expose their work!