Raidable bank POI !

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Furious Hellfire, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

An idea from an older game I used to play.

A POI bank, set to autoregenerate, guarded well inside with a vault containing maybe 5,000 credits.

The first bank of Akua ?

this would be an awesome addon POI for any server !

I am going to start building a basic bank for my own which will just be a player spawned base with public access doors except for vault.
    Some regular non hostile alien dudes in main hall and behind counters, and then if you go past the staff access point you run into a variety of armed hostiles.
    With an office somewhere in the building containg a code for the vault door, if your able to make it there alive !

Ok guys the idea is there, I would LOVE to see anyones attempt at this idea.
    Mull it over, build on it, let it inspire you.

Its about time we had some criminal activity in this no holds barred galaxy of survival !

2. Furious Hellfire

Furthering this idea in a chat with a friend just now, a non destructible bank on a pvp world, that would announce in server if someone was robbing it.
    This would allow servers to make a police faction :D using sv cruisers to track down who robbed bank before they escape orbit in a cv XD

Planet in question would not allow CV entry ( call this restricted bank airspace)

3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hey @Furious Hellfire

really a coincidence but I also wanted to create dedicated Mission pages for us (HWS). So that post of you just hit the nail ;)
    With 6.0 it is already 2 weeks running with mostly success (the people who are brave enough - you can only succeed in the robbery with 4 people - GTA 5 Heist style ;))

Just short info and an image walk through:

1. the "old" Bank as an entry
    NewGame_12_2017-06-25_15-11-03.png

NewGame_12_2017-06-25_15-10-49.png

NewGame_12_2017-06-25_15-10-56.png

2. Your idea as a normal POI in a playfield is good but could cause maybe some problems with lots of players, so I moved it to dedicated instance with portals.
    Continuing: I have also combined the PDA into the whole Heist mission. So it is supported and teach you a bit what you need to do as a successful gangsta (like in GTA 5)

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-27-36.png

3. Entering the show place (nicely done by @Hopskotch )

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-32-38.png

4. Now depending on your Origin you have different options. Pirates have a possibility to use a shortcut via the backdoor ATM (they get the door code via the PDA):

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-32-50.png

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-33-04.png

5. However this will trigger the Special Spider Squad Forces (SSSF) (with a signal sensor. But the exchange for them is a bigger reward)

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-32-28.png

6. Along your robbery way you will find some civilists ... scared and willing to hand over all their hard earned money of course:

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-41-18.png

7. If you then triggered the security system properly you are able to get the big reward (you have to activate 2 lever in different rooms / stages):

HWS 6_2017-06-25_15-42-57.png
    (This is for HWS translated 3 Reputation Poins for each Origin). And the final big reward is coming via the PDA reward trigger at the end with 50k credits or more as a Pirate (if you escaped).
    Of course if you do this mission successfully you will be set as guilty (HWS feature) etc.

So yeah - a lot more is possible actually but for the first try already quite cool.

Hope it helped / motivates :)

RexXxuS

4. Furious Hellfire

You sir are a legend ! this is awesome, the special spider squad forces made me howl XD
    The idea of setting the traders in a way they can be robbed was brilliant !

This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see, people doing what they can with that they have.
    Great ideas there.

Setting up as as instance is of course the best way to do it.

I did build my bank today and used replaceblock to have the admin core via server and not me.

I have had it robbed 2 times by a couple of guys in my server, it was pretty fun to watch :D
    They had fun !

I still like the idea of a police chase in sv's :D think that could somehow fit in?

Thanks for for your response. Well thought out bank robbery idea there.

5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Awesome dude !

6. Hopskotch

Hopskotch Lieutenant

Legends from survivors of the POI say it's HARD! But super fun. Thanks to the cool new features this was all possible.