Removing of pois, ect

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Argent Hawkins, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Argent Hawkins

Argent Hawkins Lieutenant

I am trying to make a Planet for server admins only, so we can do events.

I need to remove all poi's and drones from planets, so I can run events with out being bothered by enemy's unless I add them.

My problem is when I remove them from my planet playfield that I have made then it crash the game. Any help here would be so much appreciated.

Also what is this plant below.
    NewGame_2_2017-03-15_12-39-47.png

2. N99024

N99024 Captain

The only way I know is to blow them up. They may have a structure ID though, try using the debug info and if they have an ID use the destroy command with it. Otherwise just get a vessel with a lot of artillery turrets and kill them that way.

3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

If he is setting this up, to then copy off to use directly in servers (not a spawned playfield)... then he could do this using the console in godmode with "destroy {ID}" ... going around to every POI to find out their ID.

A bit of a process... and not something that will work if he was wanting to make a playfield "template" that spawns in clean and new each time (since its the spawning part thats causing the issue here).

4. Argent Hawkins

If I destroy each one they still show up on map as being there even if not building left and I kind of like to not have that showing up on map.
    If I was to replace them with something else like a village in playfields would that work ?

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You could replace them with the civil structures, since those dont come with enemy spawners, turrets.

However you will still have an issue with the "Drone Base" entry. Which I think is the required one, that may be crashing if you remove it.

Its odd the POI still remain on the map after you destroy. Even after you reload the server?

6. Argent Hawkins

btw whats that plant name called above ?

Also is it safe to remove all the resource from playlist as I don't wish players to get ore they can't pick up so easy, when they are there for event only.

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I don't know the answers to those, someone else will chime in though soon enough.

8. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Can you not just make a yaml and list no POIs?

9. Argent Hawkins

Right now I am doing this in Single mod. The server not up yet but is ready.

10. foster353

foster353 Ensign

Have you tried to open the yaml file for that planet and leave the entries for the POI but change the min-max to 0,0?

That should fix you up. You probably broke the yaml when you removed the POI but no big deal. Just use a stock one and change it up to what you want.

joemorin73 likes this.
  11. Argent Hawkins

The plant above btw is called ""Plant01Red"" took me some time to work it out. It looks to much like a weed . lol

It's not broke, I allways keep back ups incase. There is only one enemy poi apart from Dronebase and its called Type: BA_Alien Prefab: BA_MiningComplex if I remove that then it will crash. Also seem random POIs turn up that is not on the playfield, must be one of the default setup that is not in playfields.

The playfield a copy of Omicron but with a lot of changes. Higher water to so as you have more lakes and rivers.

Thank you btw your comment have help me with the min - max as I did not know that.

12. Argent Hawkins

I just made a POI but as a TSP_BigHoop for the planet. I used this page http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Create_and_insert_customized_POIs and follow what it said but can't seem to get it on planet. I copy into the playfield as it said and close game then restart game but it don't show. I am right in I save name as TSP_BigHoop then in blueprints I doble click on BP and put this name TSP BigHoop in and on playfield I put TSP_BigHoop. I done this right ?

13. steenhole

steenhole Lieutenant

You have a couple of possible issues based on your description--

1--There are spaces in your group name. You may want to try changing it to something like tspbighoop . You will need a fresh copy of your bp to do that, since the groupname is stored in the bp and unchangeable .

2--The groupname is case sensitive.

3--You could have an issue with not erasing your old playfield. You need to remove the folder for the playfield (e.g. akua or whatever the name of your field is) in the saves directory. You must also erase the copy of the field folder in the template directory. After that restart your server.

If you haven't done three yet, start with that first.

If you're already doing all that, then you likely have a yaml error.

14. Argent Hawkins

I got it sorted. I work out what I did wrong. Useing TSP_Oscutune as an example.

It should be save BP as TSP_Oscutune then the group name sould be saved as TS_Oscutune then put TS_Oscutune in the playfield.

15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I got a set of default YAMLs for each of the default planets with no POIs at all on them, bare planets they are, if you still need them let me know I will upload em to dropbox in the morning if so.

16. Argent Hawkins

Yes please

17. arg821

arg821 Commander

Yes you can make a playfield that contains no resource deposits, and no POIs if you wish. You will get a drone base, but you can set that to have 0 drones, so its no threat to anyone. Just adjust the entries in the playfield.yaml

If you do have a playfield with a heap of POIs that you want to delete quickly, just go to the playfield, and in game, open the console and type 'ents'. It will give you a list of entities on that playfield. You can then just delete them quickly by typing 'delete 305001' then up-arrow (which brings up the last command entered) and backspace by one, and replacing the last number to '2', rinse repeat and very quickly you have deleted 20+ POIs .....

Andy.

18. Argent Hawkins

@piddlefoot if you have posted it then I don't see a drop down, if that is the case can you point me right way. If you have not posted it is still a yes please.