Resources

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Maybe inventory full?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That reminds me... I've had one time now when I was Mining an Iron Meteorite & suddenly I had Iron Ores poppin out for a couple seconds to my surprise till I stopped & pushed 'I', thus confirming my Inventory had gotten full, but I still had 2 empty Hotbar Slots. I quickly jammed a Ore Stack onto one of those empty Hotbar Slots then panicked rushed to grab up those loose Ores cause this Meteor was on a Mountainside. I can only hope I found & got them all. Is it intended for the T2 Drill Auto-Pickup to refuse to use Empty Hotbar Slots?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Frigidman likes this.
  3. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

Yes and No Hummel. I experienced the Full Inventoy thing and it works again if i manually slot something into the hotbar.
    But the thing i reported happened with free slots. As i said i dropped the stack tried to drill and nothing happened to the inventory. Then later on the full amount i drilled appeared there. Prolly a lag issue - i don't know. I had the same thing with the 1.3 update too (yesterday or the day before i think). But just for 1 Emp session. After relogging/joining later on the drill worked fine with every material.

When i wrote my first post i had very weird issues and i did a complete clean install. So its hard to say if this or the patch armada did something. The game "feels" a bit better now but there are still strange issues. In pre- alpha you could identify a bug quite well. With the alpa its somehow strange to determine if its a server issue or the client or what the hell^^

4. jetmar

jetmar Ensign

I would like to see more forms of energy generation, more varied such as solar energy, fusion reactors for example

Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

@mechanic drill (1.6.1):

After numerous updates its the same problem with lots of ore and the use of an external auto-klicker tool to pick it up and avoid bleeding finger. Unfortunatly you guys are feedback resistant in this point. Are there at least good reasons for going on with it?

7. bpdenverco

bpdenverco Ensign

so from reading, tell me if I am wrong. But when resource get below on fixed resource meteorites will start to fall. Is this total resource or just one gets below..etc now as a server owner, can we reset the resource without affecting current gameplay. I have seen some comments about folks starting on a planet, and their are just no. Resource...???

8. bpdenverco

bpdenverco Ensign

The T2 Drill will auto pick up, if that's what you are talking about

9. Tyrax Lightning

I think that typically means the new person looks on the Map & sees no remaining Ore Veins cause they've all been dug up, & it can be a major pain in the ass trying to hoof it all over the Planet trying to find fallen Resource Meteors.

Malekh and Dionysos like this.
  10. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

I was referring to the T1 drill and the way you gather resources. The t2 should be a replacement for the misconception of the t1 version while providing the same visual effects. Beside that even the t2 has less functions then the autoklicker/macro version some players are using. Whole books have been written about resource gathering. Since no big change happened i just wondered if the devs dont want to "kill their darlings" or ih there's a valid reason to not solve the single pick upfor mass pick up issue. - Not a game breaker but now and then one gets pissed about it.

11. bpdenverco

bpdenverco Ensign

True

12. shadow250

shadow250 Lieutenant

i think they should put the meteorites falling back in singleplayer. maybe in the new options screen as a difficulty setting.

13. Tyrax Lightning

Word from Hummel in another Thread is that they were removed temporarily pending working on such a thing & will be back later. :)

14. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

Got a love-hate relationship with deposits. Even on settings making them very common but small, player still often needs to explore to find at least all basic ores. But every deposit is huge - at least in comparison with amount of ores needed for basic necessities - hundreds or over one thousand per deposit, even when said deposits were to be tiny?

The shape of deposits could also be a bit more varied for the future. Smaller, surface deposits offering just a hundred or so ores, deeper, bigger deposits both in current roughly spherical shape and as actual veins (with it being marked as a vein on the map) would be far more interesting.

Other than that, on Omicron, a supposedly wasteland planet there are whole forests of orange fruit trees and quite a few big lakes. Maybe making them slightly smaller on average but more common (and with seaweeds growing in bigger number of pools) would help. As for drop rates, personally I'd like them to drop a bit more often when mining a vein, but in smaller quantities but I am also fine with how it is right now, even if it does look weird at time when I mine what seems like a whole wall of some metal vein and get just some single "ore piece" tumble out.

Promethium cells are not only more effective than hydrogen ones but easier to procure in big amounts once the ore deposit is found. It'd be somewhat balanced with changes to deposit sizes, but I still wouldn't mind hydrogen to matter more (as right now it's just simply worse, just a bonus in hydrogen/oxygen generators which wouldn't be worth on its own the promethium cells necessary to extract it).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  15. Powerlines2000

Powerlines2000 Ensign

16. 3DogBrew

3DogBrew Ensign

Maybe this belongs in the GUI discussion, but I would really like to see an inventory list. Especially if it's crafted into the "terminal interface" we already have. It's probably on the road map and I just didn't see it, but I'd like to know I'm running out of full oxygen cylinders before I'm really out without needing to click on every Oxygen tank in the base or CV.

17. Tyrax Lightning

I think ya can push P to access the Control Panel of a Creation & see how much Oxygen ya got left there or in the Statistics Button info. Keep in mind that each Oxygen Tank holds 150 Oxygen. With that said, imho it would be good to be able to monitor your remaining Oxygen left in all your O2 Tanks at a glance while breathing outta those dudes while in a Cockpit flying around.

18. Azirahael

Azirahael Lieutenant

Yeah. I'd reverse it. Make hydrogen cells low tier and easy to get hold of, and promethium high tier.
    Sure, you can dig it out of the ground easily enough, but make processing it/fuel packs high tier.

Cavadus likes this.
  19. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

I am not sure if it'd work right. Promethium is pred0minantly used for power - since it'd be as easily acquirable as now, making it higher tier resource makes little sense and just creates artificial bottleneck with the resource being semi-useless in the beginning and yet still far more diverse than hydrogen once the cells can be made. Not a good idea.

That's why my idea of balancing hydrogen in comparison with it - hydrogen which while renewable, relies on power and on some facilities to be made at all and which currently is worse than promethium as it cannot be used to fuel some facilities and its worse when it does. To make it viable it either would have to be even easier to acquire and plentiful than promethium (which would be bad as it is already, even on hard preset, easy to get plenty of that once a single node is found) or to make it a higher quality resource than it is.

20. Cavadus

Cavadus Commander

Would much prefer hydrogen was the initial game fuel and possibly used for (a unified) tool charge.

EDIT: It always seemed super silly to me to have hydrogen tanks be more difficult to obtain than promethium while simultaneously being crappier in performance in every measurable way. Promethium packs should require a large constructor and be found in space and on moons. An advanced constructor should be required for large promethium packs.

I think this would require some energy balancing as well. Make hydrogen fuel packs last as long as current regular promethium packs, or perhaps slightly less, and regular promethium packs halfway between hydrogen and large promethium packs.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    xenjay, Azirahael and Tyrax Lightning like this.