Sector creation issues.

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by diegolavega77, Jul 28, 2017.

1. diegolavega77

diegolavega77 Ensign

So after adding planets to my sector about 5 times, i start getting a issue as i add the 6th, where the game accepts my sector.yaml command and launches the game normaly, but no new world is there, after this i tried to redo the sector.yaml file, and none of the worlds were showing up this time with the same commands, but the game still launched with no worlds.

I have been working on this for 2 whole days.
    Please help ;-;

2. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Can you please post your before/after sector yaml (as a spoilers). Maybe something will stand out.

3. diegolavega77

diegolavega77 Ensign

So after redoing again, i was able to get the first planet working and the second is not working (Andromeda) . Here are the added parameters to the file (Sorry its my first post and i dont know how to work with spoilers.)

- Coordinates: [49, -1, 190]
    Color: 0.37, 1, 0.04
    Icon: Pentagon
    OrbitLine: True
    Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mordica Orbit, SpaceAsteroidFieldRingAkua]
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mordica, Mordica]

- Coordinates: [300, 0, -190]
    Color: 0.37, 0.01, 1
    Icon: Star
    Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Dalos Orbit, SpaceAsteroidFieldRingAkua]
    - ['0, 0, 0', Dalos, Dalos]
    - Coordinates: [-140, 0, 300]
    Color: 0.3, 0.06, 0.40
    Icon: Star
    Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Andromeda Orbit, SpaceEmptyNingues]
    - ['0, 0, 0', Andromeda, Andromeda]

They are all in the correct syntax, everything like that, but only mordica is shown on the sector map.

Playfields are in the file aswell.

4. Jaqknife

Jaqknife Ensign

5. diegolavega77

diegolavega77 Ensign

that would be the same as i was thinking, thanks for the info and the advice, i will check to see if its fixed!

Edit: After downloading the tool and looking for some info on it, i believe it only changes what a new game would be if im not mistaken? (Changing the base games folder and not the save) Is there a way to change the saves on this tool, and if so, how because when you click load it loads the base game i believe.

Edit2: After moving around the coordinates to something way closer you were right, they were too far to be seen, so that is fixed, but i would still like your assistance on behalf of editing the save file and not the base file with the tool!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. Jaqknife

Jaqknife Ensign

the sectors file is in 2 locations. in the base game directory \steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Sectors

and also in the saves directory. If you are talking about a dedicated server then it would be in that servers saves directory.

EDIT: changing the sectors file in the saves directory for the server will update the servers map when you restart it.

EDIT2: I think I misread your post. to edit the sectors file with the tool in the saves directory go to settings in the tool and point it to the directory that has the saves sector file insted of the main game file. Also be sure to backup any working sectors file. I usually name mine after the date like sectors-7-28.yaml

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  7. diegolavega77

diegolavega77 Ensign

Thank you for the info! indeed the edit 2 was what i meant, thank you so much for the support.

8. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

@diegolavega77 - do yourself a solid and just get EPG. It has saved me an enormous amount of work. The learning curve is a little steep, but once you figure it out you'll be making sector yaml files in minutes, rather than days.

EDIT: and welcome to the forum.

diegolavega77 likes this.