Share your Map / Scenario

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Kaeser, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Hi guys, a new idea that may be worth sharing, the possibility of sharing maps or scenarios you may have created and others can enjoy.

The idea is very simple but may need some work to implement as the tools we have are nor yet the best but allow already a good deal.

So what I propose here is not only sharing new planets but along with it all structures you may have created in the planet, it may be a underground base, a dungeon to explore or like in my case a race track.

In order for other people to be able to load your map it's necessary for you to share a few files from your save game and as an image is always better then a 1000 words here's what you need to do to load my race track....

2. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Omicron Race Track 66

So all you have to do to have my race track for test is first of all download and unzip the attached file ORT_66.zip, it will be used later.

Then.

1st Start a new game and call it Omicron Race Track 66 or for short ORT_66, I did this in version 4.4.2 734 but should work in any later version.

2nd Select Game Mode Survival - This Is Important Otherwise It Won’t Work

3rd Select seed 666666, hence the name, Omicron Race Track 66, that is 6 times 6,

Edit:
    You can have planets with different seeds in the same game as long as you hard code them in the file....

So basicaly just uncoment the Seed line and replace 123456 by 666666
    SeaLevel: 29
    PvP: False
    #Seed: 123456 <----------
    #UseFixed: False

4th Select Omicron as starting planet - This Is Important Otherwise It Won’t Work

Difficulty is up to you, is not relevant.

As the game starts you will have a lake surrounded by a mountain, turn to your right and try to land on top of the mountain where the snow starts, the view is great and you will have a SV waiting after the change.

Once you’ve landed close the game, and move the unzipped folders content into your save game located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\ORT_66\

When asked if you want to replace the files confirm yes and load the game again.

Once in, take the heli and go for a spin to see the city then land on the pit box pick one of the HV, and try the race track.

Hope you guys like it, and please came back to me and tell me what you guys think of the idea.

ORT 1.jpg

ORT 2.jpg

ORT 3.jpg

ORT 5.jpg

ORT 7.jpg

ORT 8.jpg

I would like to tank all the people I have used the blueprints from to build this map and will do so in due time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Fascinating idea... :)

Jenniphurr and Kaeser like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Amazing idea. I haven't created a new planet in a while but this sounds like fun.

5. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

This is simply amazing, and I will DEFINITELY use it, and let you know how it works!

How would you like to be credited? I'm going to make a billboard to show you as a sponsor.

--Brian

6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Lol no need, just post here what you build, I'd love to see what you do.

Ho and some tips, it's always best to build in survival because that way it can be used by servers and SP games, to do that use console commands finishbp to get the blueprints and itemmenu to get the stuff to build.

To be able to align structures the best is to use setposition and setrotation from the console menu, to know the current location of the build use DI

The best way to build under the structures is to use godmode

And you can also excavate and do underground structures but to be able to share that you need to include in the zip file also the files inside the folder "Areas" that you find inside the planet folder.

In my case it would be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\ORT_66\Playfields\Omicron\Areas\

One last tip, as the game file system may change and every major patch has the potential of ruining everything, blueprint all your builds in the game and take a picture of it with the DI window open so in case you need to restart from scratch you know exactly where to place everything...

Best luck...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Jenniphurr and Dietrich like this.
  7. Haro

Haro Commander

Kaeser, wanna make a race on my track on our Server? Hit me on Galaxy9.de server

Jenniphurr likes this.
  8. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Sure will, but only after offices closing time I'm afraid....

Jenniphurr likes this.
  9. Haro

Haro Commander

Our actual Race Course with tunnel

20161207203026_1.jpg

Mess at race end :)

20161207203441_1.jpg

10. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Mate that is huge stuff...

PS: Babylon 5, used to see the series but never thought there were so many ships in it damn....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    JDaremo Fireheart and Jenniphurr like this.
  11. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

wow man that is pretty awesome! I haven't seen this track yet

I'd love to use it for some events on our server.

Jenniphurr likes this.
  12. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Yea sure, it should probably still work in todays patch version.

To be honest I should have created a workshop scenario out of it already....

Just a shame we still can't have area files in scenarios....

13. martian101

martian101 Lieutenant

Awesome....

And this was even before workshop scenarios were a thing right?

14. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is some really fun stuff at work here!

JDaremo Fireheart and Kaeser like this.
  15. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

Some great ideas, @Kaeser & @Haro
    I may end up building a track on my Omicron . . . or create a custom planet just for it when v8.0 hits

Kaeser likes this.