Share your Unique or fun Seeds!

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by StoneLegion, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bosniachero

bosniachero Ensign

I hope that you guys do not mind I posted a topic about hosting a LIVE preview of various seeds.

Seeds Preview - Live -

First was last Tuesday, and next one will be at same time, for more info please look up the thread.
    I am hoping to see some of yours to if you would like !

2. bosniachero

bosniachero Ensign

New episode of "Seeds preview"- Streamed as promised and I hope that you will like it.

3. swhostettler

swhostettler Commander

seed 1980 is a very good seed with a poi "home base", 2 villages and the abandoned mine very close together with lots of ores and fiber close as well

4. Jebblue

Jebblue Lieutenant

This thread is useless now. Seeds no longer generate random worlds by default. Random POI locations ARE NOT SEEDS. See Minecraft to see how sees works or even this game in Alpha 6 or earlier, back when the devs hadn't lost their minds.

Christianholmes likes this.
  5. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

What are you talking about? Random seeds are still in, procedurally planets are still possible.

This is an alpha test and we are the testers. That's why there is Early Access exists. Right now we're testing fixed maps, so they switched all starter playfields temporarely to fixed maps to get feedback about them, how they work and bug reports. That doesn't mean, it's gonna stay that way.

As the universe maybe already grows in the next few versions, procedurally planets are all coming back. No one's gonna hand craft dozens or even hundreds of planets.

But the fixed maps can look so much better than the random ones. So for special planets there will be fixed maps in the future and for fillers and diversity there will be the random ones.

No need to throw everything overboard. :)

/jmc

6. Tryst

Tryst Captain

Anyone found a good seed for a water planet in the experimental version 7?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Guru

Guru Captain

I saw in the 7.1 notes (??) that they made one of the new crafted planets have a large ocean, so you may want to use that. Other than that, you would be out of luck unless you created one because these new ones are hand-crafted, not randomly generated like back in 6.0.
    If you use custom terrains (ones you make) then every person on the server would have to download those textures prior to them being able to be used.

**EDIT**
    As a side note, you CAN still use the old style maps which may be better for what you are asking

8. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

.. how? I'd love to go back to random maps.

9. Guru

Guru Captain

you just replace the new yaml files with the old ones. Helps to open one new/one old (use Notepad++) and copy the planet info from the old over the new, while keeping the resource and POI info the same

10. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I'd like to give random maps a try as I've not experienced that in Empyrion. Problem is, I first started playing after the release of 7.0, so I do not have access to the old YAML files. Perhaps someone could make such an updated YAML and upload it to share? That, or maybe share the relevant code snippets?

11. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Also:

Could someone share a seed for a starting planet map (either Akua or Omicron) where none of the hostile POIs are either bunched closely to each other or are too close to non-hostile POIs to make exploring them dangerous? In my games, hostile POIs tend to be bunched together which makes taking them down one a time difficult. (I can't hover/fly around one POI to take out their turrets without getting into range of the turrets of the others.) And they tend to be quite close to NPC villages and crashed ship parts.